Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rear back door... jammed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveyspajero

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:42    Post subject: Rear back door... jammed Reply with quote

Can any one tell me how to open my boot door?.
I had a job to close my boot at the weekend it just would not latch closed. After a good slam it finally did I had all the shopping in the boot so clould not tie it closed.
Now I cannot open it .
The exterior handle feels like it is still connected but there is no resistance when you squeeze the trigger the inside handle is the same.
The door lock i suspect is jammed in the lock position coz the red flag on the inside is only half showing. Ive tried the key but am worried that would break off.
Can anyone tell me how to lubicate the locking mech. on the door slam whilst it is still closed or how on earth I can open the door to do it? I don't think you can remove any of the trim unless the door is open can you?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

JAS828

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

here you go mate http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1058 read this and you will be sorted  Wink
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello D.P

Gently but firmly give the door around the lock area a rapid succession of thumps with the heel of your hand Shocked ,  that may free it off. If not Idea , yes you can remove the interior trim and access the lock mechanism with the door closed. They all seem to suffer from this malady. You will need to give it a good wd40 or similar and then some grease of your choice.  I think that some recommend copper slip. (There is a screw in the centre of interior door handle).

see you on " The Evening Tide"
emax
red dwarf
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

had to do mine yesterday  remove tool box in door  4 screws  pull off trim  be carefull not to break clips  then you can get to the innerds  spray with wd 40 move catch several times to loosen it up then put all back togrther take about 15 mins
Landed Gentry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

emax wrote:
Hello D.P

Gently but firmly give the door around the lock area a rapid succession of thumps with the heel of your hand Shocked ,  that may free it off.  

this is how i do mine  Very Happy
Jack7

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

gave mine the thumps and loads of wd40 today, worked a treat
MAT.A.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tip and advice.   Mine went yesterday just at the wrong time too!!!   Thought that the plastic tab had broken off.   Reading this artical I did as instructed (okay broke a bit of the door panel clip holder) but other than that went very well.    I used some spray Grease so it would last a bit longer, and I must say the door locks have never work so good!!   Thanks for this tip guys!!!!

Mat
markppearson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

use silicone spray aswell. lasts a lot longer.
meatballhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 16:53    Post subject: Rear back door... jammed Reply with quote

Hi All, I'm an 'oldie' turned 'newbie' here, that's why i chose this particular forum Wink
Can anyone tell me how to get the rear door-card off, as the catch has started playing up & i'd like to grease it up again.
Cheers you lot,
Malc, aka eumi@wanadoo
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esy peasy mate.....undo the toolkit cover take the toolkit out by undoing the screwsundo the handle the same way  and you can gain access to the door card that way it just pulls off .take your time as the clips can be brittle  Wink

also go to SEARCH and type in like this

floppy AND handle .make a brew and have a read

HTH
meatballhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick, cheers for the info Smile Already done it though & it seems there is something else holding it, unless it's just the clips that are very tight Sad
By the way.... i did use the search facility & got a load totally unrelated stuff Confused But there's no way i was typing 'FLOPPY' in Smile . I don't do 'FLOPPY' Nick..... I'm a proud man Laughing  Laughing Anyway, if i bust the card getting it off you'll all be advised Wink
Malc.
meatballhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, Does the inside handle have to come off before i can get the card off?. Also do i need to take the top half of card off as well (around the window). It does seem like it's stuck around the inside-handle area.
Cheers.
Daddy Day Care
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a screw on the inside handle that needs to come out and 2 holding the upper handle on. The top 2 will free it enough to get the lower card off.

HTH,

Andy
meatballhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Andy..... should have read Nick's original reply Embarassed I did take the screws from the grab-handle, but not from the catch Embarassed
I've now greased all mechanism & it's back to maveric Very Happy
P.S. I've also got 2 very bloody hands Crying or Very sad the card-edges are razor sharp Evil or Very Mad
Once again... thanks for the help.
Malc.
Daddy Day Care
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was fresh in my mind. I did mine 2 days ago after leaving it for about 3 weeks  Embarassed  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: