2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rear back door... jammed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tig

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 19:50    Post subject: Cant open rear door........Help / advice please!! Reply with quote

Smile Hi al

Seems my rear door on my LWB wont open at all....Unlocked it via the central locking system but the handle appears to have no resistance, is floppy     Embarassed  Embarassed , and the door will not open from the inside either, using the handle there!! Rolling Eyes

It was ok until we had the frosts of late.....any one got any idea how I can repair this or even get at it as I cant see any way how.....also what could be wrong with it??   Am struggling getting my horse stuff in and out thro pasenger doors   Confused

Cheers..............
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 19:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

meatballhead

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup... mines been hitting & missing for a few weeks now, it was only after i had to lift all the Wifes shopping bags over the back seats, i thought 'nuffs enough Mad . Going to tackle the drivers side window tomoz, it's getting really slow winding up Sad .
I'm hoping it's just dry & grease will fix it Wink
Cheers,
Malc.
shanagan
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is something that happens tom most pajs at some time spray some wd40 in the slot above and below the rear door handle leave for a while the tap firmly around the lock area with the flat of the hand fairly firmly this should free it if not try lifting the latch to central locking up and down on drivers door this normally frees it off ....more wd40 and all should be well in the world...u can then take off door card and grease the linkages to lock if u wish..i didnt and havent had any more problems    hth Wink
tig

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the reply... but does this advice refer to the rear door as in the one on the rear of the car???? Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes   and yes I am female   Embarassed  Very Happy

I have already sprayed lots of wd40 but still nothing............
shanagan
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the door at the rear ....have u tried banging around the lock...... and working the catch up and down on the drivers door as this works the rear door as well ?
tig

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers will try this tomorrow and update you.........

Thanks  x
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tig wave

You're not the first and you won't be the last Wink

It's a common problem ...

If you click on the red <Search> link at the top of the forums, then search for the keywords : open AND rear AND door <-- exactly like that, then you'll find a number of (pretty much the same) rear door / tailgate problem / solutions Wink

Simon Cool
ramskill

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have just had the same problem Mad  put the straw on to the can off wd40 spray it up inside the out side handle you will know which hole  as the straw will go in spay loads in  move the can around , now unlock and lock the drivers door as fast as you can for as long as you can it tuck me 4 time until it freed up once the door is open get in to the lock and spray leve an hour and do it agan, ive had no problem after  it had to do it when we had a shopping trolly full  Laughing   Laughing
scotsgun

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:51    Post subject: *beep* back door...help Reply with quote

Folks,

I recently turned up at a shoot to find that my back door wouldn't open. The handle which you squeeze to open the rear door on the 1993, 2.5td seems broken - there isn't any resistance as you squeeze; it just 'flops' in.

I then tried using the handle on the inside but this doesn't work either.

I looked a right numpty climbing over mountains of gear to retrieve gun, dog, jacket, etc!

Biggest prob is that the rear door mechanism isn't included in my workshop manual. Can anyone help?

Marc
Sailor
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b][i]

Hi Scotsgun.

Not sure what manual you have for your Paj. I am now looking at the Haynes Manual which has a drawing of the mechanism on Page 11-9. It maybe you have a lot of freeplay in your Rear Door handle that needs adjusting. To adjust the outside door handle freeplay, remove the retaining pin from the actuating rod and turn the connector up or down to remove the freeplay. To chekc out the internal mechanism of th Rear Door, obviously first you need to remove the internal panel.

Here is a picture of the freeplay adjustor.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards, Chris

ozzy123

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

had the same thing happen to me a few weeks back, the lever went all floppy. It's probably just the lock mechanism is siezed. Remove the panel from the inside of the door & the tool kit, pull back the plastic membrane & then you should be able to get at the back of the lock to turn it to unlock & open the door, spray plenty of the magic WD40 round it to free it up & all should be ok. Don't know whether you can get at it just by taking the tool box out but the door panel comes off easy enough anyway.
HTH
Lee
skids
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to give it my back door a few hard taps to release the mechanism, then it opened ok.
The door trims comes easy enough, and like its been said just coat it with WD40.
andyd99
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD40, it's a godsend mate, happened to me the other week on a shoot, looked a right tool trying to get guns out of the back without knocking it. I just sprayed inside the keylock with loads of wd, gave it half hour, and its been fine ever since.  Laughing
trousersnake01

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very common. On the outside on the flap, lift it up and you will see a small hole big enough to get a tube from a WD40 tin in and soak the inside.
Also climb in to the back and undo the toolbox and remove a couple of Philips screws holding it in place, Once removed you are met with a clear plastic sheet that you can either remove so you can see the lock or poke a hole in it and unload a tin of WD40 inside towards the lock. Once it frees and open the door, give it another spay and repeat every couple of months or so.
darrenw1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 19:05    Post subject: 3.2 back door stuck Reply with quote

help, my back door handle has gone all loose and now i can't open the door at all,any one know how to open it,can't get the trim off till the door is open,what do i do?  Crying or Very sad

its a 2002 3.2 lwb is the fix still the same but minus the inside door handle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: