2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2.8 TD Three Lights up on dash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak47_762

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:27    Post subject: 2.8 TD Three Lights up on dash Reply with quote

I have got three lights up on the dash the A/T, battery and another orange with a drip coming from the bottom of it. I have checked the alternator and it is reading 14.5V across the battery even under load this drops slightly but not below 14V, checked belts ok good condition about 1/2 inch movement. I have also checked the auto transmission fluid, radiator and expansion tank everything seems ok.

I am at a loss any ideas would be appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Sailor
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your description it looks like the Fuel Filter Warning Light. The light will illuminate if there is excess water in the fuel filter.

Regards, Chris

Pajero 4D56

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mates,are this the warning light http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc23/wilson86t/DSC01010.jpg
If are this what you need to do is to drain water from your fuel filter,you have to open a white wing-nut shaped nut at the bottom of the filter,once the you finish drain the water you have to bleed the filter by opening the bleed screw at the filter housing there,after open the screw you have to press the priming pump or operate the starter to pump out the air in the system you prime it until you see no bubble come but clear fuel comes out!But i assumed u to used the priming pump to bleed cause the if you use the starter,you will drain the battery!Hope this can help!

Stoxy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all three lights come on together it is a warning that the alternator is on it's way out.

I see that you have checked and seem to be getting the correct voltage, so just keep an eye on it.
Pajero 4D56

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i forgot ro tell one of mine experience with my mk1 before!But my 3 lights are the Battery,Fuel Filter,and Glow plug(remains at green)! i took it to a electrician to check it out and and i find out that some kind of connector at back of alternator was loose and fall out after that i changed all wiring Alternator To Battery and the connector it just cost me 14 only,it's a simple problem you should check the wire! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: