Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Desperately seeking ... Delica radio wiring details.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Delica Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esandjay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:12    Post subject: Desperately seeking ... Delica radio wiring details. Reply with quote

I have a '92 L300 Delica with one of those Audiostage things in the back.
Behind the radio there are three (at last count) plugs of various shapes which are currently disconnected. As the Audiostage whatzit doesn't power up, and I have no output from the rear speakers, I figured that these cables are the ones that connect to it.

Does anyone have details of the wiring loom (ie: cable colours etc) between the Audiostage and the plugs in the console so that I can start investigating the possibility of connecting it up?

Thanks ...

Steve.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

I'm not sure how much I can help, but I have removed the 'Audio Stage' slave unit in the back of my L300 and still have functioning speakers.

In order to make the following easier, I'll refer to the front stereo as the H/U (Head Unit) and the rear 'Slave Unit' as the R/U (Rear Unit)

In the back of the original H/U there should have been three main plugs (not including aeriel etc..)

1) A square block connector that supplies power to the H/U and has the speaker outputs to all 4 or 6 speakers depending on how many you have (I assume 6 if you have the 'Audio Stage' set-up) This is the MAIN plug and should be used on any stereo (H/U) installed in order to maintain the existing power and speaker setup.

2) A square block connector (seperate to the one mentioned above!)

3) A round plug connector with approx 13pins (if my memory serves me correctly!)

Plugs 2 & 3 are solely for communicating with the R/U and are not needed to make the rear speakers function! These two plugs can be removed if the R/U is no longer required.

Plug 1 (not sure how to describe it, but it's the one that has power to it when the ignition is on!) should be connected to the H/U. If like me, you fit an aftermarket stereo, you might need a convertor to change the wiring configuration from Mitsubishi to the new H/U. These are readily availible from all car audio shops and mean you can simply plug in your new H/U without having to cut or alter any existing wiring! Instant power & sound to all 6 speakers.

If you are removing the R/U to have something more functional like another storage tray (or 3x mains sockets in my case 8) ) then you need to do the following:

Carefully remove the lower panel by unscrewing the floor vents and the middle seatbelt then slowly 'popping' the panel off its lugs.

Remove the curtain rail by unscrewing the track then lifting the whole section clear (the grey velour trim that runs the entire length!)

Now remove the screws that hold the R/U / heater panel to the body.

Carefully pull the panel forward, but not too far because of the heater cables! You can now get a small cross-head screwdriver into the panel and remove the R/U by undoing the two small screws at the bottom of it. The unit should now just come out...

Unplug the three plugs (2 square, 1 round) and fully remove the R/U.

If you wish, you can remove the whole wiring loom that connects between the H/U and R/U, but you'll have to remove a lot more trim to do this! You can just cut off the plugs if you wish because there is no power going to them!

The third plug is the power one (like on the back of the H/U) KEEP this because it comes in useful if you connect anything new in the panel (I used it for the relay and switch circuit for my Invertor and mains sockets)

Now screw the whole panel back in place, put the curtain trim back and refit the lower panel.

SIMPLE!!! Shocked Shocked

Any more you need to know, feel free to ask.... Wink

Regards,

Bruce.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Delica Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: