eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Jap sat-nav MMCS boot CD's ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RHD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:18    Post subject: MMCS Reboot CD needed Reply with quote

Can i too join the list of those seeking the elusive MMCS reboot CD (in my case the MR438854 MMCS ).  I have tried downloading from th elinks above but no joy.  Does anyone out there have the solution please.  Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

oxxxman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

First off - thanks for the post - it has saved my life out here in papua new guinea - I downloaded from the links the MR438854 CD and it worked straight away in my 2000 NM pajero.  Just awesome as our mitsu dealer here is totally useless.

For those with issues with the CD after download - A computer hint for those who may not know is that the download unrars to an iso file - so you must use iso burner software to burn the cd (from as iso file) - not burn the iso file on the cd as a data file.  Feel free to email me if I can help with this.

THANKS THANKS THANKS for posting the links - second time this forum has saved me.

Cheers
oxxxman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 0:35    Post subject: Making the CD work Reply with quote

Hi All

I have received a request for advice about how to make CD and cannot reply directly as I do not have enough posts!  Anyways hopefully the following may help and can be found.

The download file link I used is basically double archived (theoretically to make things easier I guess!!!!). Firstly it is a rar file to compress the size - size will double when unrar'ed and then is in iso format to ensure strict adherence to the original cd/dvd file structure etc.

As noted the download file is a rar file.  This is like a zip file etc and must be unrar'ed or unzipped, so to speak, first.  I personally use a program called "7zip" as it does all file formats - just google it to download a copy (open format/free) but many programs can unpack/unarchive rar files.

Once you "unrar" the file you should have a larger iso file.  An iso file is again a special file format that is an archive copy of an optical disk (cd/dvd).  You again need software to burn an iso file to a disk.  Most cd/dvd burning software will have an option of write image to disk or burn image file to disk etc - You select the iso file that has been created after unrar/unpacking/unzipping the original rar file download.

The trick to remember is you cannot just burn the iso file as a data cd - it doesn't "un-iso" all the files and re-create an extract copy of the original - it just burns the big iso file to the disk.  Again there are many iso burning software packages free if you search via google and Nero and many others commercial packages you may already own will have the option you just need to find it.

Once the iso file is burned to disk the correct way it will hopefully work fine - did for the download I used anyway.

I hope this helps - happy to give more info if needed will just need to post it here rather than sent a message.

Cheers
jimmerz

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:59    Post subject: mmcs Reply with quote

Can I just say a big thanks to pocuk, simon and everone who has helped me on my quest for my reboot disk. I have at last got everything working. Razz
I still have a couple of questions though!
Does anyone know, 1. How do you change the bass treble ect? 2. how can you plug a dvd player into the drive if there is no phono lead ports on it any where?
Thanks again Jim
Anubis33

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding myself to the list of requests for a 1996 (N) Pajero 2.8 Exceed LWB boot disc.

The problem is compounded by not having any numbers in any of the locations! Sad

What's the perceived wisdom on this situation?
paulb1970

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has any 1 getting sorted with the english disk yet  Question

my system has the lcd on the dash ,
head unit model no : Y071
cd model no : U052
sat nav player under passenger seat - not sure model no  Question  
will it have to be removed to find no    Question  
or can you see it if i get to it  Question

what exactly will this BOOT DISK  do - will it put everything back to english  Question

any help much appreciated   Wink
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulb1970 wrote:
... what exactly will this BOOT DISK  do - will it put everything back to english  Question

Sadly ... no Sad

But it'll stop the unit asking for the boot disk AND some of the stuff will start working Wink

Simon thumbright
paulb1970

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoCUK wrote:
paulb1970 wrote:
... what exactly will this BOOT DISK  do - will it put everything back to english  Question

Sadly ... no Sad

But it'll stop the unit asking for the boot disk AND some of the stuff will start working Wink

Simon thumbright

Thanks for the reply  Wink

I don't know if it's asking for boot disc as everything is in japanese  Crying or Very sad

Do you know where i can obtain the correct boot disk   Question
and what information will i need off my system to ensure i get the correct disc  Question

Thanks again  Wink
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulb1970 wrote:
... Do you know where i can obtain the correct boot disk   Question
and what information will i need off my system to ensure i get the correct disc  Question

Thanks again  Wink

Take a look at the first post in this thread Wink

Simon
paulb1970

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Simon   Wink

Any tips on how to remove the sat nav player from under the passenger seat so i can get the model no ....

as i can't see any stickers or tags - so the number most be hid somewhere  Crying or Very sad

Thanks again   Wink
paulb1970

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:15    Post subject: Reset Disk Needed Reply with quote

Morning All  Wink

Reset Disk Needed

My mmcs system in my P-Reg Pajero 1996 2.8 exceed

It has got a touch screen display on the dash and i'm after a reset disk so i can display the compass etc  

The serial number on the unit beneath the passenger seat is :- MR-268875

Also has anyone got a sat nav disk in english that works with this model   Question
robrolorob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 18:15    Post subject: want to obtain discs for sat nav Reply with quote

hello,i am after the boot discs for my pajero but cant pm to get hold of them, can any one help thanks
Brendan1983

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:54    Post subject: Re: want to obtain discs for sat nav Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I have just got a '98 Pinin with built in Nav etc, the problem I have is it's all Japanese. Will I be able to just obtain a new boot/nav CD to change to english or will I have to replace any modules?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
vibe666

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 13:03    Post subject: Re: Reset Disk Needed Reply with quote

paulb1970 wrote:
Morning All  Wink

Reset Disk Needed

My mmcs system in my P-Reg Pajero 1996 2.8 exceed

It has got a touch screen display on the dash and i'm after a reset disk so i can display the compass etc  

The serial number on the unit beneath the passenger seat is :- MR-268875

Also has anyone got a sat nav disk in english that works with this model   Question
Hi Paul.  looking at your Paj, it's like seeing the twin of mine, exactly the same year, same colours, wheels and bullbar etc. Smile

i have my MMCS working (in Jap, so only really temp & backwards compass) so I guess there's a good chance i have the same one as you do.

i'll nip out to the car in a little while and check the serial/model no. on it and see if i can get a CD out of the thing and burn a copy for you and stick it on one of those online file sharing sites and post a link for simon to include on the 1st post for anyone else to use.
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
carmicheal

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 23:19    Post subject: tv Reply with quote

anyone have any luck with getting a cd for the mr 268875 or where would i start to try get one any advice would be great also has anyone got past 90.0 mhz and is it possible to play dvd's on this thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: