QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Jap sat-nav MMCS boot CD's ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulb1970

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 0:28    Post subject: Re: tv Reply with quote

carmicheal wrote:
anyone have any luck with getting a cd for the mr 268875 or where would i start to try get one any advice would be great also has anyone got past 90.0 mhz and is it possible to play dvd's on this thanks

hello mate ,

i've had no joy hunting for a uk disk ... you would think in this day and age someone would come up with a disk that would work - but i think it's got something to do with the player connecting to the wrong gps satelite aswell ....

you can fit a band expander to the radio to allow you to get higher freq radio channel's - but i think the number's still wont go any higher than 90 mhz .....

as for playing dvd's - i tried 1 in mine and had no joy ...

if your system is like mine with the touch screen on dash  Question   just run a freeview box through your original tuner and then a dvd player through your freeview box  Wink   and then you will still be using your original ice aswell ....

hope this helps   Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 0:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

carmicheal

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:38    Post subject: radio Reply with quote

cheers for the reply what does the freeveiw box do then i can only play cd,s at the min but it looks good haha ive got the touch screen aswel shame no one has come up with some kinda softwear to change it
paulb1970

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 0:58    Post subject: Re: radio Reply with quote

carmicheal wrote:
cheers for the reply what does the freeveiw box do then i can only play cd,s at the min but it looks good haha ive got the touch screen aswel shame no one has come up with some kinda softwear to change it

hello mate ,

its just a freeview box for car's allows you to watch all freeview channel's through your built in monitor on your dash and you can connect extra monitor's in the rear if you wish ,

the box ive got also allow's me to run a dvd player through it and has built in games to keep the kid's happy  Wink

im also going to connect a sat nav module through mine aswell , when i get a bit time ...

carmicheal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the info just one more question where's the best place to try get one of those boxes  and how much would i be looking. i have two boxes under the carpet on the passenger side is this to do with whats already there do you know
paulb1970

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

carmicheal wrote:
thanks for all the info just one more question where's the best place to try get one of those boxes  and how much would i be looking. i have two boxes under the carpet on the passenger side is this to do with whats already there do you know

nee bother mate  Wink

i bought my freeview box off eblag , i think i paid £ 40 for it - but does the job and keeps kids quiet  Wink

heres 1 the same as mine ------>   http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/car-freeview-player-/270698285543?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f06e009e7

i have just 1 box under my carpet and its the tv tuner ...

Wink
carmicheal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh interesting that looks the very same as the box i have just have to look into how to get it working now you have a remote for yours
paulb1970

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

carmicheal wrote:
oh interesting that looks the very same as the box i have just have to look into how to get it working now you have a remote for yours

theres no remote for it everything works through the head unit and touch screen but if you add freeview or dvd they will be remote ....

you wont get any tv pictures off the tv tuner as i think the frequencies are different and its annalogue - but it can still be used to run other things through it

ie : freeview tv box , dvd , games and still use the touch screen for balance and fader for your sound   Wink

this is my system .....

mikepajero182

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskibatty wrote:

Hiya guys!
I have a really uncommon mmcs system in my pajero 1996 2.8 exceed. It has got a touch screen display on the dash and i'm after a reset disk so i can display the compass etc. The serial number on the unit beneath the passenger seat is :- MR-268875 and no-one seems to have this number on for the disks?
Anybody please help?

hey j
was just wondering had you anyluck with your reboot cd? im after going to a lot of trouble to have the mmcs head unit repaired only to find the cds im downloading here dont work! i have the same serial number as you!
cheers mike
paulb1970

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikepajero182 wrote:
jetskibatty wrote:

Hiya guys!
I have a really uncommon mmcs system in my pajero 1996 2.8 exceed. It has got a touch screen display on the dash and i'm after a reset disk so i can display the compass etc. The serial number on the unit beneath the passenger seat is :- MR-268875 and no-one seems to have this number on for the disks?
Anybody please help?

hey j
was just wondering had you anyluck with your reboot cd? im after going to a lot of trouble to have the mmcs head unit repaired only to find the cds im downloading here dont work! i have the same serial number as you!
cheers mike

doe's your's play disk's at all  Question  

as mine plays all originals and copie's ....    Wink
mikepajero182

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mate it dosent play anything..is there anyway to get that reboot cd?
paulb1970

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikepajero182 wrote:
No mate it dosent play anything..is there anyway to get that reboot cd?

Hello mate ,

i've had no joy with reset disk either ,
but im planing on adding a few more thing's to my original system ,
and i'll update when i finally get it done and might give people a few idea's on what they can add to there original mmc system ,

Wink

ps .. i dont know if disconecting your cd player for a bit and reconecting it ... might reset it to play disks again  Question  worth a try  Wink
mikepajero182

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate i misunderstood you there! Smile my cd player under the touchscreen plays all cds fine! The unit under the seat wont play cds tho (not sure if this is normal?) tapes play ok the radio is working, but the tv will not turn on at all, even to display static. Is this normal? Maybe i need to get the cd to reset the system before i can use this function? Ive read on here there is a way to run a freeview box through the original system.

Cheers

Mike
paulb1970

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikepajero182 wrote:
Sorry mate i misunderstood you there! Smile my cd player under the touchscreen plays all cds fine! The unit under the seat wont play cds tho (not sure if this is normal?) tapes play ok the radio is working, but the tv will not turn on at all, even to display static. Is this normal? Maybe i need to get the cd to reset the system before i can use this function? Ive read on here there is a way to run a freeview box through the original system.

Cheers

Mike

hello mate ,

the unit under the seat ( as far as i know ) only play's sat nav disk's ....
but wont play uk sat nav disk's as it connect's to the wrong satelite - there is a post on here somewhere that explain's why ....

make sure all your original plug's for the disk player under the seat are pluged in - as if 1 of them is not connected it stop's certain things from working ....
and could be why you've lost your tv .... it might be disableing your tv tuner aswell  Question

your tv tuner should be under the carpet at the front of the passenger footwell ....

as for the freeview box - check my previous picture's out as i have added a freeview box to my tv tuner and watch it through my screen on dash and will be adding alot more when ive got time to do it all   Wink

also you wont get any watchable picture's from your tv tuner - just fuzzy crackly picture's on screen - but you need the tv tuner to run other thing's through it ...

ie : freeview , dvd , game's or what ever else you want ( in ntsc format )

hth   Wink
mikepajero182

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot mate ill get a look at that tv tuner soon as i have a chance, i also bought a fm band expander recently, after removing the radio i found there was one already fitted, wired up to the blue wire. The difference this makes when the blue wire is connected is very small and dosent seem to shift the band at all with both expanders, even though there is def a current going through as it wont pick up any signal without the connection... Any ideas

Thanks a lot for the help mate Smile
paulb1970

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikepajero182 wrote:
Thanks a lot mate ill get a look at that tv tuner soon as i have a chance, i also bought a fm band expander recently, after removing the radio i found there was one already fitted, wired up to the blue wire. The difference this makes when the blue wire is connected is very small and dosent seem to shift the band at all with both expanders, even though there is def a current going through as it wont pick up any signal without the connection... Any ideas

Thanks a lot for the help mate Smile

i havent got a band expander fitted to mine yet as i mostly use cd's  Wink  

but i think your display will still only go up to about 90 on fm even with expander fitted - but it will let you listen to higher frequencies ...

try a search through ice / radio forum and might make things a bit clearer for you  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: