2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

DVD/SAT NAV Units in 3.5 V6 (1999)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve T

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 20:42    Post subject: DVD/SAT NAV Units in 3.5 V6 (1999) Reply with quote

Hi,
I've just bought 3500 V6 and I am a little confused with the DVD palyers in it.
I have one under the passenger seat which I assumed was the sat nav as it had a disc in it with a map of Japan, the 6 cd changer in the centre  is straight forward enough but today when I looked in the back I found another Panasonic DVD with navteq DVD in it. I have searched the site but have not found how to make use of this rear DVD. There is also a TV button in the centre console but I have n't been able to tune into Jeremy Kyle yet for the mrs!

The vin of the vehicle is V65W***
The DVD under the passenger seat (Japan) says MR438853 Verion 8.3N
And the Navteq DVD is Western Euroope T1000-9349 with a software upgrade disc T1000-9594

My previous Paj was a 95 and all I did with that was change the old radio for CD player.

I hope someone can help and it would also be good if I could locate an owner with a similar beast.

Thanks Steve T
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 20:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Felix
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japanese satnav systems don't work over here, different satelite communication systems. Sounds like someone installed an new one in the rear and just left the original in place - probably disconnected the data feed, but left the power feed. The TV won't work over here either - it will be an analogue tuner and it will work in a different range to our analogue TV range in the UK (what analogue TV we have left anyway).

Best bet for TV would be to look for a digital car TV tuner on Eeebay that will fit as an external feed
Steve T

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Felix,

Thanks for your reply, I'm not really worried about the TV I would imagine there is a legal issue anyway with it being in view of the driver. What I cannot understand is what screen were they using for the sat nav dvd in the back? Would  they have had an additional screen or is there someway the original would have been used. It even has the remote for it. It seems a little odd for the previous uk owner just to remove the screen and not the rest of the kit including all the discs.
There is a sat nav dvd for a shogun for sale on that site, I was wondering if that might work in the original dvd player under the passenger seat.

Best Regards

Steve T
leee

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sats that they use in Japan are the same as around the world, however the firmware on your navi unit under the seat will only reconize Japanese discs.  I know you dont care about the tv but just to explain, we use PAL, Japan uses NTSC.  

Now the biggy, when you press the TV button on your radio does the screen turn blank or snowy, or does nothing happen?

If it does have a reaction then great, as this means you have a TV turner installed into the Paj. On the TV tuner will be a couple of AUX inputs, the rca ones, you know the yellow white red like on your telly in the house.

I know this is long winded but stay with it.

If you have a reaction to the tv button, then try turning on the rear DVD satnav after pushing the tv button,as this may be connected via the aux inputs of the tv turner.  I would assume that the rear satnav uses a remote control to run it, and when you lower the handbrake and engage drive the screen will go blank but the voice commands will still be heard, unless the correct wire has been cut, then you will have both when your driving. howver it probably wont play dvds anyways.

I have a radio manual in .pdf somewhere, pm me your email address and i will forward it to you.

Also read the sticky at the top of the ice forum, mmcs the changing of.  lots explained in there.
Steve T

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lee,

Just to let you know I got the sat nav in the back working ok. It comes up when the tv is switched to VCR.

I am looking to replace the tv tuner in the back so I can get the TV. Am I right to assume that it will have to be capable of NTSC output?

I've read all the info on the ICE index and it appears the only way to get rid ogf the Jap writing is to replace the unit under the seat, is that also correct?

Best Regards

Steve T
leee

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont think you will be able to change the tuner. but you would be able to get rca splitters, check on ebag, then you can switch between your satnav and any other rca input you use. ie tv tuner, gamestation, but they must be able to output in ntsc, most do anyway.

yes i changed the navi unit under the seat to change the language, but if you do that then you wont be able to use your built in tuner.

Do you have a reverse camera, if so by changing the unit under the seat then this will becaome unoperable.

Lee
Steve T

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lee,

I'll leave it as it is I think, after all you don't go out in a 3.5 V6 Paj to watch telly do you. I've got one in my living room!

It does have a reverse camera whch I really must adjust. My spare wheel's already on the bonnet of the car behind before my camera sees it!

All as it's good for at the moment is showing up the double yellow line I'm parked on.

I've got it in for a cam belt change so should get it back at the week-end.

Big Bill Imminent Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

Best Regards
Steve T
levann

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 17:30    Post subject: Re: DVD/SAT NAV Units in 3.5 V6 (1999) Reply with quote

hi steve, is there any way for u to give me said files from the CD? i've been looking anywhere with no avail

Steve T wrote:
Hi,
I've just bought 3500 V6 and I am a little confused with the DVD palyers in it.
I have one under the passenger seat which I assumed was the sat nav as it had a disc in it with a map of Japan, the 6 cd changer in the centre  is straight forward enough but today when I looked in the back I found another Panasonic DVD with navteq DVD in it. I have searched the site but have not found how to make use of this rear DVD. There is also a TV button in the centre console but I have n't been able to tune into Jeremy Kyle yet for the mrs!

The vin of the vehicle is V65W***
The DVD under the passenger seat (Japan) says MR438853 Verion 8.3N
And the Navteq DVD is Western Euroope T1000-9349 with a software upgrade disc T1000-9594

My previous Paj was a 95 and all I did with that was change the old radio for CD player.

I hope someone can help and it would also be good if I could locate an owner with a similar beast.

Thanks Steve T
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: