eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

My Oil Leak - 3.2DiD

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperBuyer

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 22:16    Post subject: My Oil Leak - 3.2DiD Reply with quote

As some of you may remember, I have an oil leak on my 3.2. Now with the power of modern technology, I've got some pictures and also some questions.

This has been diagnosed by my garage as the seal between the transmission and engine, but I'm not convinced. If you look at the photos there seems to be a bolt with a nut on one side only - could this be the problem. It also seems to be fairly oily around the oil filter - could this be fitted incorrectly??

Any ideas anyone?

Pictures (big files, great new digi-cam, Fuji Finepix):-

Others can be seen here:-

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg66/phildews/
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 22:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

scorpion 42

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 0:49    Post subject: Post subject. Reply with quote

Superbuyer,
It certainly looks like its coming from above , so has you say, it could be coming from a badly fitted oil filter, or even from the rocker box, the only way you can check for certain is to clean it down with some parrafin and rags then screw the oil filter a bit tighter and run the engine and check again and see just where its leaking from.
Sorry but thats the best I can off you, without being there,.

best of luck, by the way, who fitted the oil filter ???

scrpion 42.
SuperBuyer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had another look at the truck today with a view to fitting the timing chain guide (gave up on that, if anyone can help?). Took this picture of some oil that looks like it shouldn't be there - what do you think??

[web:20cacc96e6]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg66/phildews/DSCF1109.jpg[/web:20cacc96e6]
[web:20cacc96e6]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg66/phildews/DSCF1107.jpg[/web:20cacc96e6]

Should there be oil around these bolts, or is there a problem??
sjobrien

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a very similar problem with my swb 2000 paj 3.2 ddi------after a proper cleandown----the leak was found to be coming from the top of the oil pressure switch----replaced --job done.
AndyC_V6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SuperBuyer, Did you get to the bottom of your oil leak.  I have just bought a 3.2 DID, Took the Sump Guards off the weekend to do a quick Oil Change to find an oil leak exactly like shown in your photos.  Looks to me like it’s the Sump Gasket, the sides of the engine above this level are clean.

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.
SuperBuyer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a blast from the past - I sold the truck in August and am now sadly a member of the Turvey Club... And can be found in a new Vectra Estate [company car]

So, sorry I can't help!

But I'm sure someone will be along with some help for you
muddy4x4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyC_V6 wrote:
Hi SuperBuyer, Did you get to the bottom of your oil leak.  I have just bought a 3.2 DID, Took the Sump Guards off the weekend to do a quick Oil Change to find an oil leak exactly like shown in your photos.  Looks to me like it’s the Sump Gasket, the sides of the engine above this level are clean.

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

I cant see any pics, but it sounds like where my oil leak is, just above the oil filter and  sump it looks like the block?? any one got a stigmatic or CD of engine
muddy4x4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now found the oil leak, it was the oil pressure switch, had to use a miror to see where it was coming from lokked like the sump seal.
mick1969
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

muddy4x4 wrote:
I have now found the oil leak, it was the oil pressure switch, had to use a miror to see where it was coming from lokked like the sump seal.
i have a 2003 3.2 did i had exactly the same problem with mine its just under the turbo bit of a sod to get at but at £11 from the main dealer wasnt to bad needs to be changed tho otherwise the leek will just get worse as mine did
mick
muddy4x4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to say that i i have just done my oil pressure switch, in which i removed the oil filter to gain access, and as i tightened it i herd a crack, and removed my socket to fin i had snapped the top of the new switch off  Crying or Very sad  , so none gen time, and at £6.00 was a bargain and apart from being a socket size 24mm Rather than a 27mm was a bit smaller so gave me a little more access Laughing , so all done, cleaned off, and looking good.
dangerdom1987

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 13:55    Post subject: superbuyer Reply with quote

hi had this problem before its the oil pressure sensor located under the turbo,cheap but not a easy fix.
mick1969
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

also had the same on mine a few month ago it was the oil pressure switch on mine aswell £11 main dealer seems to be a few oil pressure switch prob just as good they are cheap b*tch to get at to change tho
unclepoo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like a common fault....when i was looking at getting a 3.2 I looked at a warrior in york. As i looked through the service history i saw it had a oil leak that had been repaired with a new oil preasure switch...at main dealers.
ELLISW

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 21:41    Post subject: Oil Sender Reply with quote

I have the same problem - what tool do I need to get it out? is it easer to go from the top under the turbo (or) from underneath?
muddy4x4

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 21:59    Post subject: Re: Oil Sender Reply with quote

ELLISW wrote:
I have the same problem - what tool do I need to get it out? is it easer to go from the top under the turbo (or) from underneath?

only underneath and it's a right sod even if you got access to a ramp, if you get the after marget one it's smaller and easer to fit, I removed the oil filter to get more room( just)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: