eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

3.5 GDI Jolting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scamp0924

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 21:43    Post subject: 3.5 GDI Jolting Reply with quote

I have a 3.5 gdi pajero and have checked egr valve today as I have been having  running problems.   The part in front of the egr (don't know what its called)has a broken spring on one of the openers and that opener sounds like there is a sucking/leaking noise.  Do I need to get a new spring if possible or should noise be there ?  Could this be causing a jolting when coasting at around 30mph in 4th gear and when van is in on the back feels like its got no go in it.   If i lightly acclerate the jolting stops.   Alos there is a really strong smell of petrol from boot. Any help would be great, its a lovely car but have to stop the jolting, driving me mad.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 21:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

roady99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate.

I had a similar prob with my 3.5GDI.  Mine was very sluggish, strong smell of fuel and occasionally jolted as you say.  After replacing every part you can think of, and getting a diagnostic check, it turned out to be the Lambda sensor!

Might be worth getting a local garage to do a diagnostic check first though.
Maki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

had jolting also. what i did was drained and filled the atf with diaqueen sp3 while engine is running. stop when the oil coming out is already clen/clear. replaced the transfercase support.
Michiel

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just bought a 1997 LWB GDI. I have no probs like jolting, but it has a bit of a flat spot when you are crusing and want to overtake on the motorway.

Also, can anybody tell me if there are dails with MPH AND KMH showing for this GDI? I travel to the Netherlands a couple of times a year and it would be nice to see how fast I'm going in KMH.

I noticed the layout is quite different from the non GDI models.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: