2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Challenger 3.0 V6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 14:29    Post subject: Challenger 3.0 V6 Reply with quote

Hi guys new teritory for me, im thinking of selling the Pajero which is a 2.5 diesel and ive got my eye on a very nice 1999 3.0 V6 Challenger, apart from the obvious power difference what can i expect, how do you rate the build quality, any niggles that i need to look out for, what sort of MPG will the V6 achieve, oh its a manual box also, can this motor be converted to gas ?

Any pointers/advice would be appreciated as always.

Regards Gaz.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 14:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

pauliexjr
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gaz, good motors, v similar to the Shoggy but to my mind a bit more refined and 'car like'.

MPG? Mine averages 20-22 round town, 24+ on long journeys but I do a lot of motorway work.

Yep, the V6 can be converted, a good quality sequential system with a doughnut tank to go in the spare wheel well will set you back around £1500-1800 fitted or around £7-800 off 'that site' for a fit-yourself job.

Rising cost of fuel means there's lots of them out there so take your time to find a good 'un. Aim for service history and remebre they have a cam belt so check that has been changed at the 54k mark, it's just cost me £330 to get mine changed by a main Mitsy dealer so factor that into your costs if it's not been done.
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that buddy, your definately not wromg about choice, they are dropping like flies now, everyone seems to be dumping all 4 wheel drives, good for the buyers but not the sellers.
Im going to view this car on Friday and have a good run round in it see if i like it, i do like what you say about the more of a refined car feel, thats what im after.
At work i have just been given a 57 plate MAN tractor unit and after a ten hour shift then getting back in the Paj it feels like a bit of a tractor if you know what i mean, but thats the paj and she is 16+ years old and its to be expected, so thats why the switch to a little more modern Mitsy.

Many Thanks  Wink
grumpy brown
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as many toys /buttons to push on the sport/or things to go wrong/you wont be doing any 3 point turns in a hurry turning circle is very bad. When driving in the wet its has a lot of noise coming from the back  plus it mist's up quite badly quick blast of air con sorts that out .But i get 5 adults and two dogs in no problem. Having had a shoggie  i would rate that 9.5 out of ten sport 9 out of ten.
Yogi

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 2.8 LWB Paj for quite a few years and sold it before moving, changed to the Challenger cause the wife need to drive it and she likes its looks ect, all in all its got a nicer ride, better driving position, more room in the back seats & more power but still goes as well off road, so no real complaints, I only pay 55p for unleaded so can't complain about fuel use.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: