Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Why the bad MPG? : fuel pump adjustment mod

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warbird

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete, Sounds like a good job, I'll have to look at my MK1 Pajero to see if it's the same! Thanks to Mickey & yourself for passing it on.
Cheers
Geoff W 8)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 20:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mickey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all if you go to far with the pump ajust it will smoke if you can get the emishans checked it shude be 02.3 and 02.5 that is where the best mpg are hop this helps
mick
Jotto

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you turn the screw in, you increase the fuel so yes you get the performance and possibly more smoke but less MPG. I thought you had a problem with a low MPGor am I reading this all wrong?
PeterMiller

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I had a problem with MPG as well as performance.

Micks adjustment suggested better performance and mpg.

I'll see after a full tank and steady driving..

Will let you know
Fishy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 14:47    Post subject: a crazy idea ... Reply with quote

there are clearly many people who know what they are talking about with all this technical stuff ..... i am one of those that would love to be able to atempt things like fuel pump screw turning ... EGR checking / blanking etc but just don't have the confidence or the tools !

Would it be possible to arrange some kind of regional club "workshop" where people who know what they're talking about can help those like me who have no idea ... then we could all have nicely tuned pumps and EGR valves ... i'd be willing to part with some cash in exchange for Pajero specific help like that (as long as it was cheaper than taking it to a garage !) !

If anybody is in the Birmingham area who knows how to adjust my fuel pump and EGR valve .. then i'd love to hear from you !
Trucky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

im in the same boat fishy, unfortunatley dont live in Birmingham so need some technical whizzo on the Wirral Sad
mickey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy hi all fishy i sent you an email and i am in birmingham and will set the pump for you if you like if there is any one hoo whants there pump ajusted come to the diner dance i will be there and ajust it for you. its for free hop to see sume at the dinere dance will have spaner at the readey
all the best mick Wink
STRIPPER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 0:12    Post subject: mpg Reply with quote

SOUNDS LIKE YOUR NOT IN FOURTH GEAR,OR YOUR CAR WOULDN'T BE SCREAMING.THE DROP IN REVS IS DUE TO THE TORQUE CONVERTOR LOCKING UP,WHICH IS RIGHT,BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE IT'S LOCKING UP IN THIRD. I'VE JUST HAD O/D CLUTCH PACKS REPLACED,NOW 30MPG AND 120KMPH @3000RPM.
Trig

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone considered to "Carbon-Clean" or Purge the diesel fuel system Question I had that professionally done today... and I am pleased with the results. The car pulls better and feels smoother... didn't have much smoke problem before, but the guys who did the job said it will reduce it as well. I did ask for pump adjustment, and was advised to WAIT and use the car for while after the carbon-clean job. According to these guys, increasing the fuel amount will increase the fuel consumption (sounds logical Idea ). Incidently, the job cost me the equivelant of (£16.70) in local currency- including one-hour labour and the Purge fluid Very Happy Fancy moving to Cyprus 8)
PeterMiller

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, The results......

A week or so on - the wife has been using it to & from work (approx 10 miles each way) mainly dual carriageway, and we've used it at the weekend....

STILL only 19MPG. Time to sell up I think Crying or Very sad
gonzo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 16:45    Post subject: how to adjust the fuel pump? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

My paj requires me to floor the gas pedal to get it to start when the engine is cranking over.
It starts fine in -15 but also requires full gas pedal. I think that the fuel pump is set up slightly too lean and requires more fuel, I get very slight grey smoke on start up which immidiately clears and no smoke there after even when reving the engine.

I am guessing that the fuel pump needs a slight adjustment ( the engine was out a month ago). Is it an easy job to do myself? I was told the adjustment srew is under the inter coller somewhere arround the throttle.

Any help would be appriciated, btw it is a LWB 2.5 Exceed '92.

Thanks

Gonzo
apollo

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its at the back of the pump above the outlet pipes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: