QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Meet Review 2008

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Chillin' by the Severn 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  
idratherbesurfing
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus
Location: France/Belgium/Holland/Switzerland and sometimes Italy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gutted I missed it!!!! When is the next meet up?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 17:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it stops bloody raining  Twisted Evil  Laughing
Have a look at the Cosford Meet .mostly the same tribe  Wink .....come along you will be more than welcome  Very Happy
JAS828

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

all unpacked from chillin by the severn and it was a good weekend to meet old faces and new faces as well it may have been cold but in jases(sid73) awning it was warm once the vodka was flowing shame about the weather saturday evening but thats one thing is out of our control had a great day saturday over at coney green off roading and well done jase for the hard work you put in organizing it heres a few photos from coney im sure al and jase will have some more aswell  Very Happy
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd177/jas828/chillin%20by%20the%20severn/
Baddoo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was a cracking meet despite the weather, a bit chilly Friday night but by Saturday Rebecca and I had it sussed and were that warm in the tent we decided against braving the elements and making the dash for Jason's awning so had an early night instead. To top it off the tent stayed nice and dry although we did find one of the fibreglass pole sections had split when we took it down, not surprising when you consider it really took a beating from the wind.

It was nice to meet some of the new faces for the first time and the old faces again. If I didn't say hello to anybody or didn't make anyone feel welcome sorry, but Im not the most extroverted of people so its nothing personal, just the way I am.
The organisers need a special thanks although next time they arrange a meet can they try and arrange more days like Sunday  Laughing

The off roading Saturday was excellent, the Paj never let me down apart from right at the start but to be fair, it was my fault for going too slow in the first place. Never missed a beat the rest of the day and even managed to do a section only Jimmy was daft enough to try. And I am never hanging onto the side of a paj again while kneeling on the edge of an upturned step to act as counter balance, my knee cap hurts where it was digging in, next time you want to try almost rolling it your on your own mate  Wink  Laughing
The rear bumper is still held on with wire though and its still too dirty for me to be looking at fixing it.  Sad
idratherbesurfing
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Location: France/Belgium/Holland/Switzerland and sometimes Italy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooooooooooooooooh Cosford  Cool thats not too much of a trek at all!!

**toddles off for a look***
Onan The Barbarian
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got home... had a nice leisurely drive down the A38 to avoid the nutters on the motorway! Rolling Eyes

Well done to Jas and Maz... many thanks for organising a great meet! thumbleft  So the weather was carp... it didn't stop everyone having fun, did it! Laughing  Shame it killed the marquee... and the Saturday night get together, though!  Sad

Thanks to the Witches for sorting out that delicious stew... it went down a treat... and didn't come back up or taste like eye of newt!!  hilarious

Thanks also to Kath and Nick for supplying coffee and brekkie... that bacon was the biz!  Very Happy

Nice to see some new members... and to meet up with friends from previous meets!

The off-roading was great... and only a tenner! Shocked   I'm afraid I din't get any pics... I forgot the camera!  Rolling Eyes
drnail

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got loads of pics when i can find me pesky lead good to see every1 old an new and thanks again jase Laughing
SID73
Events rep (National)
Events rep (National)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pajavan is unpacked, Paj is still packed and is in a right state Rolling Eyes

Alfie is much better thanks Guys, hes been a darling and passed it onto me and Will Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Witches the Chicken Stew was smashing and raised £23 Wink  Smile  Looks like the catering is sorted for future events Wink  Wink  Smile

Matt you are a star for lending out your Gazeebo fella Wink Although taking down the sides and Lights in a monsoon is a bit scary Rolling Eyes  Evil or Very Mad

Thanks to everybody who chipped in, and keep hold of them raffle prizes for MM08 Wink  Wink

I tell you what, people would be well chuffed if the weather was as good Fri and Sat as it HAS been Sun and Mon Wink  Wink  Rolling Eyes

One thing you cant sort is the weather.Live with it and make the most Rolling Eyes

"DAD CAN AVE ANUVER DUNKER"

Piccies will follow
midnight buffalo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks to matt for taking time out on the thursday to deliver the gazzibo to stourport  Wink  Wink
and thank you to fastnige and his good lady for helping matt take it down on the sunday
( the only helpers )

thanks  to the witches for the stew it tasted fantastic mmmmmmmmmmmm

enjoyed the offroading deffo be going again
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peeps ... well considering we wasnt going at all we have had a brill Chill, despite having to comute to work Saturday & Sunday Twisted Evil

Great to meet all that turned up and brave the ridiculous weather but hey it is March so it was to be expected in all fairness, but i do agree that this event needs to be in the summer months, lets stop Chillin by the Severn and start Sizzzling by the Severn  Laughing  Wink

We as a family had a great time and would probably still turn up if it was this time of year again  Wink

All in all ... Great Location ... Great Club ... Great People .. poo weather ... Enough said  Wink

Look forward to the next one  Wink  

Nice one Jase & Maz  congrats
fastnige
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Location: the black country, netherton,dudley , west midlands

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

midnight buffalo wrote:
many thanks to matt for taking time out on the thursday to deliver the gazzibo to stourport  Wink  Wink
and thank you to fastnige and his good lady for helping matt take it down on the sunday
( the only helpers )

Wink no probs mate ....only glad to help a great bunch of people  Laughing  Laughing that silver duc tape was a pain in the ass thou  Laughing
drnail

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think sizziling is gonna be in the pipe line bud and  buffalo i kept goin to help young matt with gazebo but me head was banging  Laughing  Laughing
big j
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot jase another great meet
weather can't be helped just look at the whole of last summer we could have been swimming by the severn then Shocked
thank's to yourself and stoney for sorting the off-roading at the last minute Rolling Eyes and all for just a tenner Razz

fastnige wrote:
midnight buffalo wrote:
( the only helpers )

Wink no probs mate ....only glad to help a great bunch of people  Laughing  Laughing that silver duc tape was a pain in the ass thou  Laughing

well done matt for the gazzebo delivery and collection.
a big well done to daddy daycare, sid73, jas828 and malibu mandie for braving the driving rain and gail force wind to help me take the gazzibo sides and lights down on saturday afternoon before they ended up in kidderminster Laughing
soz about the ductape fastnige but when we put the gazzebo up on friday night we needed to use the stuff to hold it together
bring on mm08
SID73
Events rep (National)
Events rep (National)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

big j wrote:

soz about the ductape fastnige but when we put the gazzebo up on friday night we needed to use the stuff to hold it together
bring on mm08

What about the bl00dy super glue too.

I still havent got any finger prints Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Twisted Evil
malibu mandie

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry sid that was me

Special shout out for nick nurses ladder Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Chillin' by the Severn 2008 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: