QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Meet Review 2008

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Chillin' by the Severn 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shymand

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the pic's i took Friday  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 16:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

drnail

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
big j
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

SID73 wrote:
buffalos neph wrote:
i wasnt making a issue with it its a shame to leave it on a bad note but what i will say now is people saw me taking it down they know ive lent it out why should i have to ask people to help me take it down i am new to the club and just wanted to meet other members that why i did 2x 30 mile round trips  to help and people said thankyou and that was all was needed but i shouldnt have to ask for help though should i

Matt, you're a top fella and unfortuntly it is the case that some folks could have helped. I will put my hand up and say I didn't give you a hand. I was busy packing all the stuff away that I took to chiilin so as to get Alfie home cus he was still throwing up Shocked  Shocked  Rolling Eyes

If your gazebo is damaged to an extent that it cant be used again I'm sure ALL the people who attended will chip in.

Matt i agree with what jase and others have said, it was decent of you to lend the gazzebo out to us all, i also think you are correct you shouldn't have to ask but unfortunately some of us were busy packing our own stuff it just so happens that most of the helpers were otherwise engaged when you needed the hand, we didnt mind helping anyone all weekend in fact we did help with a few things before we ere even set up ourselves including gazebo, awnings and tents in all weathers so we didnt take it well when accused off not helping.
we don't mind making a contrabution to help get you a replacement.
it was good to meet you and we hope to see you again at another meet

no bad note's here mate thumbleft john n mandie
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would of helped Mat just like i helped to erect it, but i was working as you know, willing to bang a tenner in the pot to help towards a new one if needed mate Wink

Nice Land Rover by the way  Laughing  Laughing
buffalos neph
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAZZ1ZZ wrote:
I would of helped Mat just like i helped to erect it, but i was working as you know, willing to bang a tenner in the pot to help towards a new one if needed mate Wink

Nice Land Rover by the way  Laughing  Laughing

you like that land rover gaz i think its sold m8 £2000 lol Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Daddy Day Care
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really had much time to post up my review until now (I'm back at work  Laughing )

Traffic was rubbish coming down so didn't arrive until mid afternoon Friday. The usual night of fun and alcohol on Friday. We managed to take out the electric for the rally field and had to get the site owners to reset it  Embarassed

As people have already mentioned Saturday was on the damp side  Evil or Very Mad  Still, nothing we could do about that. We tried to make the gazebo as safe as we could in the wind and rain. The nights entertainment was conducted in Jase and Maz's awning. Apparently 95% proof Vodka gets people drunk, fancy that  Shocked  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Weather was back on track Sunday  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I believe we all accept the risk with the weather on an event this early in the year. Yes, we could stage it later when we may get more sun ( but this is Britain). However we would have posts saying why don't we have a meet early in the year because people are waiting to get out.  I have attended the meet at this site all three times from the one NTN organised, Tiger and Apaches one last year and SID73 this year. I don't envy anybody organising an event like this but all 3 have been well attended and very good fun. I would attend at this time of year each time and I am sure that most would.

Andy
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daddy Day Care wrote:
Not really had much time to post up my review until now (I'm back at work  Laughing )

Traffic was rubbish coming down so didn't arrive until mid afternoon Friday. The usual night of fun and alcohol on Friday. We managed to take out the electric for the rally field and had to get the site owners to reset it  Embarassed

As people have already mentioned Saturday was on the damp side  Evil or Very Mad  Still, nothing we could do about that. We tried to make the gazebo as safe as we could in the wind and rain. The nights entertainment was conducted in Jase and Maz's awning. Apparently 95% proof Vodka gets people drunk, fancy that  Shocked  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Weather was back on track Sunday  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I believe we all accept the risk with the weather on an event this early in the year. Yes, we could stage it later when we may get more sun ( but this is Britain). However we would have posts saying why don't we have a meet early in the year because people are waiting to get out.  I have attended the meet at this site all three times from the one NTN organised, Tiger and Apaches one last year and SID73 this year. I don't envy anybody organising an event like this but all 3 have been well attended and very good fun. I would attend at this time of year each time and I am sure that most would.

Andy

Yes we would attend no matter what Andy, Only 50 minutes journey time for us  Wink
skids
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and mine will do it again next year at the same time, we will just take more heating along Smile

Also if it was not as wet, i dont think the off-roading day would have been as much fun....imho
Wild-Gal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was lovely to see my buddies again....... winters are sooo long!!! Shocked  Shocked
Loved the night in the awning.........as always , it was full of fun and laughter and strange conversations??? Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

I think we will have to fool the weather though next year...... pretend to go a week earlier so it rains then.... Cool  Cool

CHEERS MARIE AND JASON!!!! not only for doing a grand job with the sorting out etc but for putting up with us eating you out of house and caravan......  Embarassed  Embarassed  .............we are good parents ...honest!!!! Very Happy  Very Happy

JIMMY??? ARE YOU STILL TALKIN?????? ................ Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  bless him! Very Happy  Laughing  Very Happy
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy talk  Laughing  Laughing

He came and knocked us up at 02.20 Sunday morning, must of just left you lot in the awning mind im glad he did i was nice and early for work, he was defo on a mission  Laughing  Laughing
mazaroo

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild-Gal wrote:
Was lovely to see my buddies again....... winters are sooo long!!! Shocked  Shocked
Loved the night in the awning.........as always , it was full of fun and laughter and strange conversations??? Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

JIMMY??? ARE YOU STILL TALKIN?????? ................ Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  bless him! Very Happy  Laughing  Very Happy

He definately had a case of the verbal diarhorea ( Embarassed spelling). he had me soooo confused at times and i hadnt touched any alcohol, that was until he made me stick my finger in the vodka glass.

Karen , glad you 'moved' into our caravan  you kept me company whilst on my nursing duties Wink I have never  sat down for such a long period in such a small space Shocked

Hopefully the farr family are over the sickness bug , im hoping im escaping with just the episode of fainting on the caravan floor  Embarassed  Embarassed thanks to mandie for the stomach settling powder , it kept alfie free from sickness on our journey home  Very Happy

see you all soon at the mega meet  x
drnail

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

my pictures of chillin08
http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd96/drnail/chillin/?start=0

Very Happy
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Nath & Jo ... great pics  Wink
waynec
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking photos guys  Very Happy  thumbup
buffalos neph
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

soking photos nath Laughing me crac
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Chillin' by the Severn 2008 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: