QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Mega Meet Mix and Mash up - split posts etc to keep threads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bandb666
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

An idea, instead of using paper plates if everybody having the bbq/chili bring their own plates/cuterly from their caravans/tents we would help the enviroment by producing less rubbish, also makes less clearing up as people will take said stuff back with them. What do you think?

Mrs B and B 666
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Tiger

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandb666 wrote:
An idea, instead of using paper plates if everybody having the bbq/chili bring their own plates/cuterly from their caravans/tents we would help the enviroment by producing less rubbish, also makes less clearing up as people will take said stuff back with them. What do you think?

Mrs B and B 666

good points however all that extra hot water and detergent isnt environmentally friendly, paper plates etc can be recycled.
However thats just my opinion, and as i won't be there i dont suppose its valid.

m
bandb666
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger wrote:

good points however all that extra hot water and detergent isnt environmentally friendly, paper plates etc can be recycled.
However thats just my opinion, and as i won't be there i dont suppose its valid.

m

The paper plates would be contaminated with food so would need washing if they were to be recycled. Any food waste no matter how small would make the batch of recycables collected ruined so have to be thrown away by the recyclers collecting them as they cant risk contamination as they dont get paid if a load gets rejected buy the companies who recycle them.

mrs B and B 666
speedscot

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got the usual selection of small family camping stuff - wee stove (still a virgin cos it rained so much last year we only got out in the fields once!), wee table and other stuff.  Will bring it all with us anyway, never know it might come in handy. If I think of anything else will let you know.
pajette

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger wrote:

correct
kylecollie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

miss offroaddriver wrote:
Tiger wrote:

correct

Shocked harsh,harsh,very harsh missy offroadriver,all donations from non attending  fellow poukers  for the beer fund will be enjoyed Wink

*Big Al*

Zodiac: Scorpio
Location: North Yorkshire In Englands Green And Pleasant Land

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to admit, when we all camp/caravan together we've done the paper plate thing but always go back to using our own plates and cutlery and then having a joint wash-up session. The plates are strong paper isnt, and most places we stay let you swill the "grey water" into the hedgebacks (strained so no food particles in there),

Angie
(Big Al's better half)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2008 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: