Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

green flag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Caravanning & Camping useful links
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwick

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 15:08    Post subject: green flag Reply with quote

just phoned green flag and if they do an insurance for me my paj and my c/van when going abroad they said yes its called euro plus great so for the last half houre he has everymesurement going plus details of mine then put me on hold
to come back to tell me they cannot insure my paj as it is over 16 years old  Exclamation  Exclamation but will insure me any where in the uk.
i am a member of the r.a.c but they want £97 for coverinmg me for 2wks in france
i am also amember of the camping and caravaning club  .

the reason for the letter was a friend of mine went to normandy and on the way home he broke down
he phoned his breakdown people the said no probs be about an houre  sure enough they turned up loaded his car onto the trailor but not his c/van when he asked the french driver why they are not taking his c/van  Question to cut a long story short
he thought he was insured for his car plus what he towed on the back be it a cart or a trailor
he did mot realise once you leave the uk you need a new policy for youre c/van for the period you are spending abroad
sorry to go on but im going to france in aug to the vandee so can you recomend someone who will insure my paj as well as my c/van in case of b/down to recover both .. Question
Question my figer is quit worn out now
cheers brian
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 15:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Bob Reynolds

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 14:41    Post subject: Re: green flag Reply with quote

Bit late just seen this, I use the caravan club "red pennant" which does what it says on the tin, both car & caravan full cover...... cars over 10 years have to pay extra £47..... My six week cover "Motoring and personal Cover" cost £222...... but having had to call on the service once in the past...... and seen the cost it's money well spent.......... 3 tanks of fuel... for all that peace of mind... + a small discount if you are in green flag. However if your just poping over the other side and not moving south perhaps just the motoring cover will do..........
garethdeb

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
This might be too late as you're probably in France already! However, for info, if you book your holiday through Select Sites, who I can thoroughly recommend, the breakdown insurance they do is only 30 quid for 15 days cover and covers cars up to 14 years old. So, I've got this year and next then I'll either have to shop around for cover or get a younger Paj!
Regards
Gareth
Thingy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined the C&CC just to get their breakdown cover - "arrival" from RAC. Maybe worth looking at as an alternative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Caravanning & Camping useful links All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: