Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

PHOTOGRAPHS AND REVIEWS OF MM08

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spud
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my pics...........

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Onan The Barbarian
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another GREAT Mega Meet!  Got back yesterday afternoon, after a nice steady drive back from Tamworth, where we stayed overnight.

First of all, thanks…

Mega Meet Weekend

• Mark Dale – for sorting the meet and general organisation skills
• All those involved in preparation and cooking – too many to mention but you know who you are – GREAT job!
• Wild Gal and Stoney for getting the raffle sorted – brilliant job!
• Everyone – thanks for your company!  It was great to meet up with old friends and to put names to faces of those we hadn’t met before!  Good to see some real newbies there too!

I thought the site was pretty good, especially considering how cheap it was.  Our static was just about as far away from the meet as you could get, but it wasn’t really an issue… if only I’d figured out the gas fire earlier, those nights might not have been so damned cold! Rolling Eyes

Langdale

• What a blast!  A really good, fun afternoon… with really good company, all working as a team!  And Mrs. Barbarian lost her offroading virginity too!! wav
• Special thanks to Offroaddriver (Tom) for dragging me out of the mud… top man, dude! Wink

Fresh from play...

The Langdale Five...

(Left to right: Mark, Tom, Andy, Alan, Steve... guess which Pajero didn't go out to play!)

Laning on the Yorkshire Moors

• Thanks to Buzz for sorting out some beautiful lanes for us… and for coming up just for the day!
• Big thanks to Team 3 – Leebeelee (and Joel) and TimReal – great company and good banter on the CBs!  Glad you enjoyed your first trip out, Lee! Wink
• Thanks also to tazbabe and Spud, and PajmanAl for your company on the last few lanes!

TimReal coming down off Rudland Rigg, with Leebeelee waiting nervously at the top...

This is the kind of breathtaking backdrop we had whilst on the Moors...

Mr. White performed impeccably… he’d been serviced before we left and I was interested to see how we’d get on with the thorny issue of fuel consumption.  I was pleasantly surprised…

• 1st refuel at Morrison’s, York (117.9p / litre):  298.87 miles – 12.08 gallons = 24.74 mpg
• 2nd refuel at Morrison’s, Filey (119.9p / litre):  127.31 miles – 6.13 gallons = 20.76 mpg
• 3rd refuel at Morrison’s, Filey (120.9 / litre):  224.38 miles – 9.47 gallons = 23.69 mpg
• 4th refuel at Morrison’s, Filey (120.9p / litre):  284.75 miles – 10.92 gallons = 26.07 mpg
• 5th refuel at Exeter (122.9p / litre):  358.69 miles – 12.05 gallons = 29.76 mpg!!!  Shocked

Overall, we did 1294 miles and averaged 25.54 mpg! Cool

We managed the journey back on one tank… I kept the revs to no more than 2500 rpm and rarely went above 70 mph… and achieved almost 30 mpg… I am absolutely amazed!!!  Perhaps there really is something in this economical driving after all!!! Rolling Eyes

I think we were all a bit peed off at the difference in fuel prices, and the almost daily price rises!  We saw it as high as 129.9p / litre, at small garages in the more remote areas!!  But I certainly didn’t realise it was so much cheaper 'up north' than it is down here!! Evil or Very Mad

But, fuel costs aside, it was worth every penny… we had a fab week and saw part of the country I hadn’t been to for over 40 years… and we covered a LOT of miles to see as much of it as we possibly could!

Roll on Mega Meet 2009… wherever it is! Very Happy
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Steve......... didn't you have a sat nav? or were you following Nick?

It's 370 miles from St Austell to Skipton, so Exeter to York should be about the same...... that is 740 ish miles....... where did the other 600 come from????  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Onan The Barbarian
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tony! Very Happy

Mate, you've been to Yorkshire, so you know how beautiful it is!  It would be easier to tell you where we didn't go... we drove around the Moors, and over them on almost every road and green lane there is! Laughing   I enjoy driving, so the journeys each way were not exactly as the TomTom wanted us to to take! Rolling Eyes   It was very easy to clock up the extra miles, believe me! Wink
kylecollie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm you forgot to mention it was two elite mk1s that where blazing the trail ahead for all mk2s to follow steve Very Happy
Evil or Very Mad and ewe forgot to say what an honour it was to meet kylie Evil or Very Mad
mga694

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good pics there Onan

and yes it is my paj that did not play .....
sorry I could not be there on sunday to go laneing but had to leave saturday night due to unforseen circumstances.......
had a great time at langdale
roll on next year.............
tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's us just finished putting new shocks on my paj, bit too late for langdale Crying or Very sad  but roll on drumclog!  Laughing

each megameet is a rival for the last, we're getting better and better at it all the time. i love the megameet!
stoney

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Some great pics of Langdale and the lanes there lads.....I so wish i could have come out to play, but nevertheless we had a great short break and we look forward to the next meet
Onan The Barbarian
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecollie wrote:
hmmm you forgot to mention it was two elite mk1s that where blazing the trail ahead for all mk2s to follow steve Very Happy
Evil or Very Mad and ewe forgot to say what an honour it was to meet kylie Evil or Very Mad

I've just checked... and you're almost right, Ritchie... only I didn't actually forget! hilarious
Onan The Barbarian
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more pics... Rudland Rigg (on the Yorkshire Moors) and Langdale... http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x253/OnanTheBarbarian_photos/Mega%20Meet%202008/
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I even get pictures sent to me now of the mega, just to remind me, I DIDN'T GO THIS YEAR Evil or Very Mad

Cheers Stu, get back to the painting  Laughing  Laughing

anyone see the reflection of someones head  Razz
stumpyjoe

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richie wrote:
Look, I even get pictures sent to me now of the mega, just to remind me, I DIDN'T GO THIS YEAR Evil or Very Mad

Look at that, at scotsman holding his glass out waiting for someone else to fill it as they pass.  Shocked

Who says sterotypes are wrong  Wink   Laughing  Laughing
markppearson

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definate nominee for Pic Of The Month I think! Laughing

pajmanAl

Zodiac: Cancer
Location: Blackpool A strange place where no body knows whose local any more?

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richie wrote:

That's a bit cheeky Shocked , I might get hurt by comments like that, being the sensitive guy that I am  Crying or Very sad    Naahhhh your just jealous cos I went n' you didn't (no commitment some people)  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Stu C
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for making us welcome Very Happy !even the wifes got the bug,best crowd we"v ever met up with cant wait for the next meet Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

A few pics from Red! Wink   BEWARE SOME SCARY PEOPLE  Very Happy  Very Happy  Wink  Wink

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p60/pajkoi/Mega%20Meet%202008/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2008 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: