Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

THE GOOD, BAD AND BEAUTIFUL THINGS ABOUT MEGA MEET 2008

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 13:21    Post subject: THE GOOD, BAD AND BEAUTIFUL THINGS ABOUT MEGA MEET 2008 Reply with quote

Ok,  post here your constructive criticism/ thoughts/ideas about Mega Meet 2008 ... could be about the site, the geographical location, the cost, the timing, the lay-out  etc etc   ...  from comments here, we can aim to try and get better  and it will help us put together future meets  in-line with people's views ......

mark " always open to ideas" dale  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 13:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

malibu mandie

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could'nt improve for me Mark it was a cracker.  THANK'S Laughing
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have been cancelled when it was known that I wasn't going  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil
stumpyjoe

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main problem with MM 08 i think was the site itself, those in the satics being so far away not only from the main area but also from each other. (some may have liked this)

The other thing (again the site) was the facilities, the pool wasnt sign posted very well & advertised to close at 6pm but turned us away at 4.40.  Shocked
From hearing the reports from those that made it to the pool, we were glad we missed it.

Upon leaving the site we couldnt hand in the toilet block key, all closed & security didnt have the deposits (£10.00) we wernt the only ones with this problem, security said we were about the 6th to phone.

Did any of this take away from an enjoyable MM.................... No, not at all.

If id booked in to the site as a family break id be writting them a letter. We went to MM for the fun & enjoyment with people around us, the fact that the site had these facillites was a bonus, nothing more.

The kids being at school was a pain, but the prices reflected this.

Jimmy
mudcom

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking at all the people who came it seemed that most came from the midlands so maybe a midlands meet again
i agree with jimmy its nice to have the attractions but its not a necessaty.
as long as there are showers then i think most peeps will be happy but i do think that to have it in the school holidays is a must even tho the prices are higher
& make it a tee total weekend as well  Laughing  Laughing

thing not to include at m/m 09

brown bottled liquid
electric shock games for wild gal sake
richie for  everyones sake  Laughing
Captain England
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really pleased with how it went. It was the first such meet SWMBO and I have been to.
We were warmly welcomed and SWMBO was well pleased with the Choc's  Wink
She is no great fan of my Mitsi, but when I asked if she would want to go to another MM she said yes , without hesitation.
I agree it would be nicer if the statics had been closer to the campers , or even just together...but it wasn't the end of the world, no big deal. My drunken attempts to turn the fire on in the caravan on the first night could have been serious but I realised it wasn't electric when I smelt the gas  Shocked  Shocked  Embarassed

All in all we thought it was a great weekend...Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Of course special thanks go to whoever arranged the weather...Nice one Very Happy
fastnige
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Location: the black country, netherton,dudley , west midlands

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldn,t get to mmo8( not my fault by the way blame gordon brown  Twisted Evil  ) but can i just say if it was more central part of the country we would have been there like a shot .... i think it would give everyone a better chance to attend.... not saying in the midlands but some were accessible to all. just my 2penny worth Laughing  Laughing nigel
petelgv1

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't go to MM08, because i have 5 kids in three schools and around here they do not like anyone removing kids in school time.
 Please can future mm's be in school holidays.
I have been to 2 previous mm's and i have no problems to moan at....
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had three reasons not to attend this years Mega meet and the main one was the distance, no worries on the driving score its the price of fuel, we did Filey the previous year and just new it was gonna cost us £500 for the week, so decided to leave it this year only we have other priorities to deal with.
But yeah more centrally located would be good  Wink
pajette

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was dissapointed i thought there was going to a nude calander photo shoot for the ladies Embarassed  Embarassed  Twisted Evil

come on men, get ya kit off for next year, WOHOO!!!! Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

(I WILL GO IN THE CORNER AND KEEP MY THOUGHTS TO MYSELF NOW) Twisted Evil
pajmanAl

Zodiac: Cancer
Location: Blackpool A strange place where no body knows whose local any more?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

no negatives from me, it was my first meet and it was fab, loved it.

great to put faces to names,   I would certainly suggest during the school holidays, then there would be more people can make it.

as for the location, makes sense to keep it central but the middle of the uk is the lakes isn't it?  

Thanks again Mark 'did a great job' Dale

excellent time had by my Paj, she loved it too. Laughing
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

The debate about location has always been the one in here, where is central for anyone, Taz up in Scotland, Tom down in Tiverton, us in sunny North wales, choice etc, where do we go, central for some is on the doorstep, and 200 miles for someone else.  Me thinks the nexyt one, Sunny Wales.   Brecon area,   Usk  Tal Y Bont, cracker, even Mark can relax there, all done for you at  night.
big j
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudcom wrote:
looking at all the people who came it seemed that most came from the midlands so maybe a midlands meet again
i agree with jimmy its nice to have the attractions but its not a necessaty.
as long as there are showers then i think most peeps will be happy but i do think that to have it in the school holidays is a must even tho the prices are higher
& make it a tee total weekend as well  Laughing  Laughing

thing not to include at m/m 09

brown bottled liquid
electric shock games for wild gal sake
richie for  everyones sake  Laughing

well we had a few from up north kyle, taz, spud. and from south onan, so filey was pretty central for them, i've just looked on a map and i think Pudsey neer leeds is just about the middle of great britain, so pudsey it is for MM09 Laughing

i disagree with jimmy the attractions were a pain in the wallet Rolling Eyes (and because i can disagree with him Laughing  Laughing  Laughing )
agree that school hol's would be better. Smile
the last 2 meet's i've attended have included some strong forign alcaholic drink and i think thats good and should continue Razz
electric shock games are a must especially when Mrs shiney is attending (you had to be there) Shocked

all in all we had a crackin weekend, with, good company good weather, good food,and a good laugh, oh and the odd drink or 17. occasion5  occasion7  occasion5  occasion7

it was great to see the folke we've met before, and good to meet new people. hello1

a big thanks to Mark for organizing things. headbang  headbang  headbang
redders
Events rep (South East)
Events rep (South East)

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

School holidays Exclamation

I had to write 3 letters and fill in 2 forms to allow MY child 2 days off school and only got confirmation on the day before that he was allowed out. Rolling Eyes

We stayed in a static and I have to say it was well er, shall we say cleaner when we left than when we arrived. I AM writing a letter, nowt to do with MM, just the site.

Thanks to everyone, didnt see much of you all but we were miles away and too near the amusements and swimming pool for the child!

Esp thanks to Buzz for the laning, I`m not going to Thetford again, now that I have learnt what a H I L L is... Cool

Note for Richie, it wasnt worth going this year - I didnt break down so no pics of my a**e Wink
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Note for Richie, it wasnt worth going this year - I didnt break down so no pics of my a**e

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2008 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: