Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

THE GOOD, BAD AND BEAUTIFUL THINGS ABOUT MEGA MEET 2008

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markppearson

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

redders wrote:

Note for Richie, it wasnt worth going this year - I didnt break down so no pics of my a**e Wink

So you wore your mask again then Andy! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 22:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mudcom

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

to save arguing lets have a poll for all the people who want to go to m/m 09 to were they want it
north, east, south, west, middle
tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing was missing for me this year: richie.    

apart from that, it was great fun, as always!

next year? i'll go wherever it is.

i know its coming round, i budget for it best i can, , it's part of my life.
Shymand

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Marty!

If you and Ritchie don't mind travellin a bit more south, (which i know you don't, lookin forward to seein ya at Cosford) .....reckon we could all chip in and sort something out, come on guys and gals! A bit more central/school holidays etc.....

We can make it if it's closer, not knockin ya Mark, perfect find! even paid for our pitch, but just couldn't get there Sad

So come on members........all pitch our thoughts in and come to some agreement............. can't wait Exclamation

Feel really gutted, i know we missed a good mega meet and don't wanna miss the next 1 Exclamation
markppearson

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

A poll seems to work fo rthis year, but wherever it is, when ever it is, and whichever Park/site wins as most popular, you wont please everyone, simple as that.

Rather than having a poll to start off with, why dont we have a thread started for 2009, and do the following:

1. Each Member contacts a Park/site that they find and/or like, to see if they would take us, say during the next May Bank Holiday. (2009 Wink )

2. If they are willing to take us, you post the site, along with the facilities that available on site and/or nearby.

3. Give a rough idea of costing etc, including discount.

4. Work out distances from say the major Cities/towns from around the UK, say London, Wales, Liverpool, Birmingham etc etc and of course, not fogetting Scotland!

NOTHING ELSE! No replies as to why or thats too far. Just the recommendations of site and as above.

Then when all the recommendations have been posted, perhaps our Events Committee could choose the Top 5 based on price, facilities, distances etc, and then let the masses decide.

Personally, I would love to come to a MM, missed the last 3 now, due to one reason or another, and this years was the closest to me, but still 3-4hrs away. LIke said, if we know earlier enough, we all can try and budget a bit more say £10 a week put side.

Good idea?
tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

great idea!

off to so some lookin......
markppearson

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXAMPLE:

Two Chimneys Caravan Park
Birchington, Kent.

Size of Park:

Facilities: http://www.twochimneys.co.uk/about%20us.htm

Cost; (Havent actually foned them!) Laughing

Distances:

London: 1hr 9 mins - 118kms
Plymouth: 4hr 11mins - 455kms
Bristol: 2hr 50mins - 310kms
Cardiff: 3hr 22mins - 361kms
Lincoln: 3hr 2mins - 336kms
Nottingham: 3hrs - 330kms
Liverpool: 4hr 10mins - 465kms
Edinburgh: 6hrs 48 mins - 745kms

Reasoning:

I think this wold be a good site because the it has a very large field to house Plenty of Tourers, as adequate facilities essential for relaxing and fun, local laning about 30mins away, and even for a dayout, Dover is only 20-30 mins away fo rthose who would fancy a day out to France! Also the Park is independantly owned and has just had major revision and extension work carried out. Also, as you can see form Picture, is very close (walking distance) to the Sea & beach.

NOW PLEASE DO NOT JUMP IN SAYING THAT IS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TO FAR! I am using it as an example, although it is a very good site! Wink

REMEMBER: Every idea is a GOOD idea, if not to everyones taste! Laughing
mudcom

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing its like reading m/m 06 & m/m 08 were to go
bandb666
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say as long as it's aranged early enough then wherever it is it can be budgeted for - further away it is then we'd make the stay longer.
we thought distance was ok this time, took us 3 hrs each way with a stop & the Paj went there & back on a tank of fuel towing the van with some running round in between & still had a bit of derv left over  Shocked
Tiger

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done to one and all in organising this - sounds like you had a  great time!!!!

For teh future MM's i agree with my old mucker mudcom - there is no point in arguing about this as no site / region is best they are only better for some.
i was heavily involved in setting up the MM 05 meet and the main problem is finding a large enough site, with enough hook-ups, that allow rallies and has spaces during school holidays. Most sites that have all of that can be pricey.

Then here are considerations to have such as location, proximity to hotels or b&b's.  Trust me its a bigger task than it seems.  So whilst i also see merit in mark pearsons idea it really isnt worth posting suggested sites until the above critria can be filled.

Richies suggested site is a good idea, its ticks the boxes and we havent done SW for MM yet.  

Good luck people, but stic with it - the system works so just build on it.......

yes we will be there next year and god willing with the baby!

Mark
mga694

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:51    Post subject: mega meet Reply with quote

no negatives from me, it was my first meet and it was fab, loved it.
TimReal
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:41    Post subject: Re: mega meet Reply with quote

mga694 wrote:
no negatives from me, it was my first meet and it was fab, loved it.

Me too and personally I thought the site was really good.
Brownie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudcom wrote:
to save arguing lets have a poll for all the people who want to go to m/m 09 to were they want it
north, east, south, west, middle

I suggest you get a list of people who would like to organise it before any decisions about location are made, or you could end up with an event in an area with nobody to get it under way! Wink  Very Happy
speedscot

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was our first Mega Meet and the event was fantastic - wish the statics were nearer the camp site like others have said, we weren't even near each other which was a shame too but it didn't spoil the trip in any way.  To be honest, with running about after the kids and all the sun and sea air I was in bed early shattered every night anyway - even if I'd been nearer I probably would have been a party failure!  Wait until my kids are older and you meet the real me he he he (run and hide)  he he he.

Blue Dolphin itself was considerably lacking but our van was very nice, quite clean (again, cleaner when we left it I bet!), comfortable and everything worked perfectly.  I found the staff very unhelpful (no-one seemed to know anything and didn't care to help you find out).  I'm not disturbed enough by it to complain - it only cost just over 100 bucks to go so for that money it was excellent value.

My hubby got charged £4.65 for a pint of lager in the pub on site  Shocked  Evil or Very Mad  Shocked he was a bit cross about that to say the least!

I think we'd love to go to next year's, depending on where it is etc.  We'd bring the tent next time though Wink  Filey was 4 hours drive for us which meant quite a few stops for the kids etc.  I'm pretty much content to go as far as the southern Midlands border, Northants, Warwickshire sort of distance and equivalent.  More than that and I'm going to have to have a think before deciding.  Does anyone know about laning/off-roading in Ireland?  Might be easier for us all to head West, catch the nearest Ferry and meet up somewhere on the Emerald Isle Wink

Anyway many thanks to everyone who made Mega Meet happen, especially Mark "the best Chef" Dale and his lovely wife who made me feel extremely welcome, thank you both.  Marty and Spud for teaching me how.  PajmanAl for keeping an eye on our rear. Oooer.  Richie "JR" Ewe-ing has to get a mention of course.  When I get my camera charged up again and sorted out I should have some video of the two of you coming down the rocky descent!

And everyone else Wink
SID73
Events rep (National)
Events rep (National)

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see MM09 being held in school holidays, I know prices will increase but as Taz has said its 12 months away so easy to budget for.......

As for location well thats allways going to be a bone of contention Rolling Eyes

I thought the idea was to "rome" around the UK with the MM, bringing it close to everyone in time, to make the travel a bit fairer to those in the outer regions Exclamation
06 was Midlands
07 was Norfolk
08 was North East,

Maybe Richie has a valid point in taking MM09 to Wales Rolling Eyes ( OH THAT HURT)

I think location should be decided between the AERs, to many cooks spoil a good broth and all that Rolling Eyes  Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2008 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: