Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Mk5 Pajero Exceed ...Multi Communication System

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:56    Post subject: Mk5 Pajero Exceed ...Multi Communication System Reply with quote

Ok as you are probably aware ive just got myself a Mk5 Exceed, now all the communication system is working but its all in Jap, can this be re programmed for uk ?
The same with the built in TV does this need to be updated for this country, im getting flickering and hazy chanels so the TV is working just not tuned in right.
Anyone clued up on this system ?

All help and pointers appreciated as ever  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

leee

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there

check out an earlier thread mmcs the changing of.  its a long thread but you'll find the answers you need there. theres answers to the tv question you have also and what more you can do with it all

leee
leee

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

just check out the thread gazz  because you have the hazy screen means you have the tv tuner fitted in the back.  you can then input into this via rca plugs, there is a member who has plugged in freeview and dvd players in these, so long as your picture source can output in ntsc which lots do then your laughing

[Admin Edit]

Here's the LINK  It's now a 'sticky'
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that, will have a good read later, really cant wait to get it all working correctly  Wink
stibbs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi gazz
i have the same set up as u and i plugged a digital freeview tv into the tv tuner but to be honest its not very good
so would not go that way if i was u
u would be probaly better going for a dvd/mp3 player and plugging that in or if u want sat nav have a look on flee bay for "gps rca"
but it must work on ntsc format

pm me if u want any help  Wink
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok lads ive had a good read of that sticky, ive checked and i do have the tv tuner but im afraid majority of what you have all said goes right over my head, am i right in thinking you cannot get all the display in English then ?, ive even got Mandy working on this now  Laughing
stibbs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope it wont work in english if u leave the set up as is now only in jap
it can be converted but at a cost try here www.soarer.tv

but as u got the tv tuner in the back u can add other things to your system u have now
eg u can add a dvd/mp3 player to the tv tuner so when u press the tv button on your paj radio it will pick up the dvd/mp3 player
i have dont this and it works

or u could add a gps sat nav with rca output so u have sat nav

do u have the reverse camera?
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i have got the camera, could i do both of what you have suggested ? Sat Nav and DVD ?
leee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

soarer tv will only add inputs to your tv tuner, it doesnt make it english just english sat nav. and you could do that off the bay for a fraction of the cost
stibbs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

right lee i thought they converted your jap stuff to english so thats a right rip off

gazz1zz yes u can add both if u want but u can only use 1 at a time
u could add more stuff if u want like ps2 etc

heres a pic of what ive done so far
and i dont know much about wires etc but leee and sly66 have helped me loads

ive moved my heater controls and added a dvd/mp3/mp4 player
and plugged this into my tv tuner
u press the tv button and it all works  Wink
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks cool, but where have you put the heater controls ? i guess where the 6 cd changer is ? how much did that player set you back ? i do like the idea of it all incorporated in the one place with easy reach.
Do the plugs and leads from that player have to reach the tuner in the boot ?
Do all the other features of the mmcs work, the average fuel thingy, heater display etc etc, sorry for all the questions ... really want to get it something like  Wink
leee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of the mmcs were fitted with cd changers in the boot or in the dash, i think the one in the dash is a p101, anyway if you use extra equipment through the tv tuner then all your original functions are there bt with an added what ever ou put in, to access the aux equipment you just press the TV button on the radio.

but as Stibbs will tell you when you start to drive the screen will go blank as a safety feature. i am looking at the inputs on the screen to overcome this, but i hasten to add that it is illegal to drive with motion pictures in view of the driver, however if your fitting an extra satnav through it then this will be classed as a driving aid.
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Lee, mine has the 6 changer in dash below the heater controls, could i just remove that and replace with what is in the above picture plug and play, so to speak or will i still need to install cables to get to the rear for the tuner ?
I know i sound so thick on this but for those who are non technically minded this should help out, like i said your other thread that is a sticky is excellent but it blinds us novices with science  Laughing
leee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, was hoping the other thread was easy to follow, it  did go a bit wayward though.

if you did remove your cd changer then you wouldnt have a cd changer.   Crying or Very sad

the cd changer would have its own type of power plug, so you would have to take a +batt and a +acc off this (+batt is the power your radio/unit receives when you switch off the car so it does not loose its stations etc. +acc is the power your radio/unit recieves when you have the car switched on).

yes you would have to run the rca cables to the tuner, however this should be pretty easy, as i have run several cables to the back of mine.

another option you have is to run the rca extension and leave the connections showing under the glove box, then you can plug in what you want when you want.  

heres something to blow your mind, if you had a laptop with the right extra equipment you could plug that in,  with a wireless mouse and keyboard you could run this through the screen in theory. and watch movies, have satnav, or play your music.
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im really not fussed about the changer to be honest, ive had them in the past and still prefer the 1 disc theory thats why i think the combined DVD/MP3/MP4 option would suit my needs, im going to get hold of one just now, any recommendations ?
The Rca cables wont be an issue as ive done all that before with amps etc.
I also understand that the live feed could be got off the current power source, is this crucial or could it come from another constant power source with inline fuse ?
The reason i ask is that when polishing my motor etc i do like to have music on without having to have the keys in the ignition.
I love the sound of being able to plug in what you want when you want with Rca and power lead floating, it seems i need to make some decisions  Rolling Eyes

This is just mind blowing ... what happened to a good old AM/FM radio  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: