Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

smokey start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonny3dogs

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 19:57    Post subject: smokey start Reply with quote

Hi all, started running my shogun on bio from "bio uk fuels". seems to be running the same as berore, but on start up from cold there is a bit of smoke coming out of the exhaust that was not there before, its also a bit splutery for a few seconds. i have been told that the smoke is because there is an oily deposit left in the cylinders after switching off and the spluter is because the bio doesnt burn as cleanly as regular diesel. also that the bio is cleaning out any gunge in the tank or fuel lines. anybody had or know anything ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 19:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

fazer600

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been making my own bio for a few months now ( 35p a litrre) and find my old mk1 smokes abit when shes first started. once shes warmed up though she runs perfect and smokes alot less than when i was running on diesel.
ive just fitted a set of reconditioned injectors i bought from diesel bob. thet are slightly modified for veg/bio.

jonny3dogs

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

In what way are modified? does this mod improve performance or economy?
fazer600

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

the injectors i think are modified so the tips open at a slightly different pressure as veg/bio is slightly more viscous than diesel.

someone might correct me on this though. my old paj had done about 140,000kms and at nearly 20 years old i felt a set of reconditioned injectors was the least i could give her Very Happy

next month if the missus let me she getting a fully rebuilt recon gearbox. £600 fitted....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: