2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

1st Generation gas tank question regarding fuel plate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agrabau

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 0:39    Post subject: 1st Generation gas tank question regarding fuel plate Reply with quote

Hello everyone.
I have a quick question about the gas tank on my SWB Paj. It's a US Spec car although I don't think it makes a difference. The car came with the G64b 4 cylinder motor which used a carburettor.

I am converting the engine to a new one that uses EFI and I wanted to ask about the design of the tank. Looking from the front of the car at the tank while lying underneath it I see a round plate that's attached to the tank with nuts. Presumably this is the access hole to the tank as it shares design cues from many other Mitsu cars. The plate (as pictured below) has two hard metal lines brazed to it. The uppermost line is smaller in diameter than the lower one. There is a third on top of the tank which I think is a breather.

I'd like to know the factory function of each line. I'm thinking that on the plate the smaller line is a fuel return, the larger one is the supply.
Is there a pump inside the tank of any kind?

Thanks so much for the help.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 0:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can remember from when I had my Mark 1 there is a sender unit for the fuel gauge and a fuel tank filter........Tazbabe is the one to ask or any of the Mark1 owners

HTH a bit mate  thumbleft
sockettman

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, the larger pipe is the feed, smaller is return, there is no pump inside the tank, the fuel pump is a mechanical diaphram type driven by the cam shaft at 2.8 to 4.2 psi at 2500rpm.
agrabau

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful. Thanks so much gentlemen.

Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: