2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Timing belt change on 3.0v6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
challengerman

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 22:55    Post subject: Timing belt change on 3.0v6 Reply with quote

Hi,
I am looking for an easy to follow guide for a timing belt change for a Challenger 3.0 V6. Is it an easy DIY job? Thanks guys, Paul.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 22:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

waynec
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

How confident and capiable are you, these ant'n to bad to do - but if any dougt then dont try it - get a garage to do it, its only 2.5 hour job but if you mess up you will be needing a new engine.
challengerman

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 20:15    Post subject: Quite confident?? Reply with quote

Hi,
well I have new found confidence after just doing the spark plugs on said car.
I have done a timing belt many years ago (20) on a MK2 Granada. I have also took the cylinder head off a Wolseley 6/110 (and put it back again). And I've changed brake calipers on a TR7 (again about 20 years ago & the worst piece of *beep* I have ever owned).
I'm not an expert mechanic but like to think I could do it. If I had a step by step guide I think I could do it.
Thanks, Paul.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: