QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

help needed with outlook express

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Computer bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 0:05    Post subject: help needed with outlook express Reply with quote

my new message number 4 seems to stop my pc from working, and it hangs....can i stop outlook express from downloading this one message?? - please reply on here, and send me a pm, as i can't get my email alerts!!!

cheers,

mark
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 0:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Andy(NorthWales)
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

I get this alot on my system so your not alone.

All I do upon re-booting is come online and go straight to my ISP web site login there and check my e-mail's in there and delete the offending mail...

Hope that help's...

Andy...
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bertie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, sounds like you have (pardon) a big one, stuck Shocked

Give it time and send/receive should download it, maybe someone has sent you a load of photo's.

Alternatively, as Andy suggests, check out your ISP's website for a webmail system, this will let you access your messages remaining on the server, and delete the offender Twisted Evil

Cheers

Bertie
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers chaps, it came through eventually ...a scanned council minutes doc !!! typical... i reckon i need broadband and a new pc!!! if only bb was available...good to know that this forum is tops for help and advice with non paj stuff !! cheers

mark
Andy(NorthWales)
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

I have had a BB connection now for about 15 month's and Outlook still freeze's from time to time, there's just no winning really...Very HappyVery Happy

Glad to hear you managed to sort it...

Andy...
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
follyman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever get a large email on the pop3 server and you don’t wish to download it, or it gets 'stuck' you can use a system installed on most PC's - but rarely used - called Telnet, to log into the server and deleted it without downloading it.
Do a Google search for 'Telnet' and 'pop3' to find a tutorial on it, if you ever need it.
desertdriver

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 15:16    Post subject: Outlook Reply with quote

You could tell Outlook / Outlook Express to only download the header of large messages, it is in the Message Rules part of the Tools Menu in Outlook Express and in the Send Receive Groups Menu in Outlook, this way you can download the headers for large emails and delete them if they are rubbish without downloading them, to get the ones you want you right click the header and click Download, to delete without downloading click Delete.

Should help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Computer bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: