Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Spare a pound guv' ?

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Club News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mph
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
mph wrote:
Simply have members and guests then? keep it simple!

Hmmm hmmm ... 'guest' / 'supporter' maybe, or 'ordinary member' / 'associate member'  dontknow

I don't really want to make such a basic distinction, especially when there are people here who may not (be able to) contribute financially, but make a massive contribution in other ways!

You as an administrator could be empowered to allow those that might not be able afford with honorary membership for services rendered at your discretion? I would have thought most could manage a couple of quid though.

Quote:
One of the strengths (and possibly one of the weaknesses) of the YD Clubs are the fact that they ARE free to join and that financial support is not mandatory.

But it shouldn't be down to one person to fund site's when things get too big / expensive. We love this site as do all the other YD clubs users and many will be willing to pay for the privilege of using them. Previously I suggested that access could be limited to those that do not support the YD clubs by the number of posts that they can make in a given period of time this way they would not be excluded but only limited by number of posts they can make for example something like twenty per month would be enough for a person to help another owner in trouble and get a problem of their own solved  

Quote:
Something to discuss at another time in a thread of its own Wink

Do this soon and secure the future of the YD Clubs....

must go and do some work now!

regards

Mark.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 14:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Bob Ellison
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

idratherbesurfing wrote:
scrap the other YD clubs and just keep the paj one  Laughing

Oi!  Shocked

Razz  Laughing
mph
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

idratherbesurfing wrote:

Quite rude and out of order! You wouldn't be to happy if the other YD clubs said close POCUK would you?

Mark.
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

idratherbesurfing wrote:

hilarious

Brownie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

idratherbesurfing wrote:

Yellow card or not...... it's worth considering! Wink

(They all come over here for a chat anyway Laughing )
buffalos neph
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownie wrote:
idratherbesurfing wrote:

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
have one big club for every body but keep it pocuk Laughing
buffalos neph
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

simon havent got round to sending my yet so il right a cheque now and il double it for making you wait sorry simon Laughing

matt
wiggletiger
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

buffalos neph wrote:
Brownie wrote:
idratherbesurfing wrote:

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
have one big club for every body but keep it pocuk Laughing

nice idea but it would still need paying for  Crying or Very sad
mph
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:51    Post subject: Re: Spare a pound guv' ? Reply with quote

PoCUK wrote:
OK ... if you were reading this post BEFORE I moved it to the 'Lounge', then it's pretty certain you've already 'done your bit' for the Club - you're a LifeTime Member! Smile

The thing is, I'm really not sure about the best way to broach this subject and I thought the 'Private member's Chat' area was as good a place as any to start!

Late last week, I received the renewal notice from For Linux for the server I lease to run the Yellow Diamond Clubs. Shocked

OK - your first reaction is likely to be Shocked how much!?!? Shocked You can do it cheaper than that Simon!!!

Trust me - I've looked at all sorts of options and for the level of service and support - no I can't ... just over £300 a month is a pretty good deal!

OK ... if you're still reading, then you may be thinking "OK ... so what do you want? Surely, that's covered by the LTM's, online sales, Yellow Diamonds, 'contributions etc etc?"

The thing is ... sadly - no - it's not.

The annual server fees aren't covered and the same is true for the events / club liability insurances etc too ... (around £500 has come in over the last 12 months from events - the insurances cost me around £1500 pa!)

Part of the problem is the apparent reluctance of Club Members to contribute financially towards the cost of providing the free services here - after all - isn't that the point - it's FREE!!!

Well ... no Sad  Over the years that I've been running the Clubs, they have been sponsored almost exclusively by myself, through my Ltd Company - it's only over the last 18 months that LTM's have come in - there's a big backlog in the company accounts!!

And it gets worse!  So far this month, I've had ONE new LTM - a newbie on MDOCUK! Shocked

Hopefully ... you're still reading?

OK ... it's true ... as I say, if you're reading this, then you may have already helped financially and, truthfully, it has helped to keep the Clubs afloat - until now.

Some of you will know, I've been out of work for the last 9 months - my company pot has run dry.  I'll be honest - I have NO idea where the money is going to come from to fund the next 12 months server fees and various Club insurance policies.

I MAY be able to negotiate a monthly payment schedule with ForLinux BUT I currently get 12 months for the price of 10 - the price per month WILL go up if I pay monthly.

Alternatively, I need to raise some money PDQ!

So ... I guess what I need from you now is some sort of constructive ideas on how I can raise £5000 by the second week of October?

My first thought ...

If every member of POCUK sent just £1 this would put £18,000 in the POCUK pot - £5500 to pay for the next year's server fees and insurances then a Whopping £12,500 pounds in a 'POCUK fund' Shocked ... future fees, club gear, discount bar / food at club meets, money to allow me to take some time out to perform forum upgrades etc ... the list goes on.

£1.00

Just a quid (more if you like!) in an envelope, (preferably not Paypal! Although - you can 'gift' money now Rolling Eyes), to :

Pajero Owners Club
Companies House
Ringwood Road
Bransgore
Christchurch
Dorset
BH23 8JQ

Or paypal : admin@pocuk.com

Is less than 2p a week too much to ask from each member to keep the Clubs running?

I sincerely hope that this post is taken in the spirit it's intended ... It's just a request to help me to keep the Clubs running ... not to open a whole can of worms about committees, club constitutions, balance sheets etc etc.

In the first instance - I'm just looking for ideas.

If you can spare a quid (or more) - all the better.

Thank you.

Simon Confused

Come on folk's, above was what this is all about!  

The original request appears to have been lost in a debate into which section of the YD clubs should remain? Our administrator needs funds to keep this excellent club afloat he can not be expected to fund it all by himself can he?

Mark (mph).
Stu C
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the prob Mark! same old few helping & digging deep mate! Embarassed
I for one wouldn"t mind making a donation at Pocuk meets to help towards the Public Liabilty costs Very Happy

Atb Stu!
mph
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu,

there are many ways that the club can be funded but I guess our administrator has a large bill to pay and not enough funds to pay it and needs help now? this is why he has asked. Hopefully enough will be raised to keep us out of trouble as this site is invaluable to many of us at our times of need! As said in the text £1 from every member would be enough (less than 2p per week) If I was asked for £10 annual membership (20p per week) I would pay it and I'm sure that a good few others would also be happy too do so.

regards,

Mark.
Shevek
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

mph wrote:
If I was asked for £10 annual membership (20p per week) I would pay it and I'm sure that a good few others would also be happy too do so.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. I'm also a member of the Discovery Owners Club and that is £22 per year. I for one would be happy to pay the same to keep POCUK going strong.

Simon, I don't like sending cash in the post and my bank is being a pig over sending out new cheque books so I've sent you £10 via PayPal.

Spend it wisely now  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

You say if every member paid £1, how about if 20% of members paid a fiver, or 10% paid a tenner - soon adds up!

Also, how about a Blue Peter style donation meter  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shevek wrote:
Simon, I don't like sending cash in the post and my bank is being a pig over sending out new cheque books so I've sent you £10 via PayPal.

Thank you!  In fact ... thank you to everybody who's contributed so far - with recent LTM's and donations over the last four days, we're up to around £700! Shocked

Shevek wrote:
Spend it wisely now  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Already spent!  drunken hic!

(just kidding!)

Shevek wrote:
You say if every member paid £1, how about if 20% of members paid a fiver, or 10% paid a tenner - soon adds up!

Aha!

Now - I already thought about this .... the thing is, if EVERY registered Club Member sent just a pound ... nobody 'feels the pinch', EVERYBODY makes an equal, financial contribution, the Club gets more than enough money for at least the next 12 months and nobody (including myself) ends up with the burden of financial responsibility ...

Let's be honest ...

a. Who, here, can't afford a single £1.00 dontknow
b. Who doesn't feel they've had at least £1.00 'benefit' by being a part of this Club ?

Shevek wrote:
Also, how about a Blue Peter style donation meter  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Now ... I've been trying to find a bit of software (freeware) to do this - no luck so far Sad

Simon
Shevek
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found these:

http://www.donationbooster.info/

http://www.codezwiz.com/scripts-viewfile-79-czdonate-donation-meter.html

any good...???
mph
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shevek wrote:
Found these:

http://www.donationbooster.info/

http://www.codezwiz.com/scripts-viewfile-79-czdonate-donation-meter.html

any good...???

Nice concepts, but not tied to Pay pal I would have thought be better? something based around say excel with some visual basic bells and whistles might suit better.

Administrator to choose as he will be using it?

Mark (mph).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Club News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: