2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Spare a pound guv' ?

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Club News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain England
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolrabbit wrote:
Donated!!!  Attach some string make bikini top for my holidays Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Well I think we would like to see that....worth a donation perhaps ?

Wink  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 22:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolrabbit wrote:
Donated!!!  Attach some string make bikini top for my holidays Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Wow Carol!!!

Who knew!!! dontknow

Hidden: 

Rolling Eyes
Captain England
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

administrator wrote:
carolrabbit wrote:

Wow Carol!!!

Who knew!!! dontknow

Rolling Eyes

Shocked OK Fair enough...you will hear from my Paypal account tomorrow  Laughing   Laughing  Laughing

Wink  Wink

Last edited by Captain England on Tue Aug 18, 2009 18:58; edited 1 time in total
mrsgrumpy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

administrator wrote:
carolrabbit wrote:

Wow Carol!!!

Who knew!!! dontknow

Hidden: 

Rolling Eyes

Simon you promised you wouldn't show those fetish photos ... at least you picked the 'tame' one  Wink  Laughing
corcovado
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,

I have been a member for 6 weeks or so now.  Surfed around these boards a fair bit and only just found this thread hidden away.  After all the useful info I have gained from here and the generous free advice doled out, etc etc etc, I donated a fiver before seeing this via the club shop the other day.

Heres a thought --- how many more people like me did not really think how the club was funded ? and I am sure lots of folks would donate if the read this link.

Why not as a start ensure that the first thing on the Forums is a section "HOW THE CLUB IS FUNDED"

I would think that if people are more aware then more would donate.

Just a thought.

Nick
PS another donation through the club shop will be on its way
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Nick! notworthy

OK ... all sorts of ways to HELP to keep the services here free ...

The 'spare a pound' idea simply isn't working - I have no idea why not scratch ... sure, there are a small number of very generous contributers, but the idea is, once a year, EVERY member sends JUST £1.00 ... That would be a massive investment for the Clubs!

There are other ways to help though ...

From making appropriate use of the Google Ad links to taking out your insurance (not JUST motor, but ANY/ALL insurance) through the Club scheme or any of the other club affiliated providers ...

But, raising the profile of the Club helps too!

I've been doing quite a lot of driving the last few weeks and I can't believe how many Pajeros & Delicas I see that DON'T have a Yellow Diamond ... why not dontknow

There are many ways to help raise the Club's profile ... from carding (putting club cards / flyers on vehicles), to placing an add in your local post office / newsagent window, to linking back to the POCUK website from your own (favourite) website and more ...

Here's something I've knocked together to help keep our profile up ...

My SWB on CARDOMAIN <-- Click to view

(please feel free to rate / comment / nominate for showoff  Rolling Eyes )

Yep ... there are gratuitous links to the Yellow Diamond Clubs website and, of course, to 2GFS  (Gary's valuable referral commissions are a major contribution towards keeping the Clubs afloat! )  - but why not ... I'm determined to keep the Club(s) free to join - whatever it takes!

Simon
chunkymonkey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

... to raise awareness for the club, why not use the famous auction site advertising the yellow diamond of pocuk.com?

It would certainly get a message out there.

If you had it advertised in the Pajero Car, Accessory, Upgrades, Parts sections etc, and advertised the forum for 99p, there's no listing fee, no final value fee because nobody's buying anything. Much like the breakers do when they advertise and say 'don't bid, you're only buying a wheel nut"

You could even sell the yellow diamond for 99p with membership included and then you'd pay 10% final value fee, but no listing fee.

If you're maxxed out, I could give it a trial for you if you'd like?
Captain England
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

chunkymonkey wrote:
... to raise awareness for the club, why not use the famous auction site advertising the yellow diamond of pocuk.com?

It would certainly get a message out there.

If you had it advertised in the Pajero Car, Accessory, Upgrades, Parts sections etc, and advertised the forum for 99p, there's no listing fee, no final value fee because nobody's buying anything. Much like the breakers do when they advertise and say 'don't bid, you're only buying a wheel nut"

You could even sell the yellow diamond for 99p with membership included and then you'd pay 10% final value fee, but no listing fee.

If you're maxxed out, I could give it a trial for you if you'd like?

A good idea, but if you check that famous auction site I think you will find Simon has beaten you to that idea...There are also some white dial sets as sold in the club shop here...with a reference back to POCUK IIRC
chunkymonkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, at least it was a good idea  Wink
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK ... Christmas appeal time ...

My business, (through no fault of my own), has been pretty much 'dormant' since the end of March 2009.

What this means is, the money's finally dried up.

Now, I know there have been LOTS of good ideas about subscriptions, fund raising, etc etc but here's the deal ...

If EVERY registered member send in JUST £1.00 a year, there won't be ANY need for an annual 'help the Club' appeal!

It's not a lot ... less than the price of a Christmas Card!! Shocked

Could this be any easier dontknow

Here's how you can do it ...

Stick a £1.00 coin (£2.00 would be better - £5.00 note would be fantastic, £10.00 would be amazing!!! Shocked - £25.00 is the one-off cost of LifeTime Membership!!!! ) in an envelope and post it to :

Pajero Owners Club
Companies House
Ringwood Road
Bransgore
BH23 8JQ

Or just do a PayPal transfer (gift - no fees!) to : admin@pocuk.com

Seriously ... if I don't get any work in the next few weeks, and there's no money coming in ... the Club is at risk Sad

I spoke to Sally (Mrs H) about this the other day and a couple of funny things came up ...

Do people really believe "Why should he get £24,000 just for hosting a website" dontknow

Are Club members REALLY thinking ... "There's 24,000 other registered members out there - it won't matter if I don't send in a quid" scratch

Are there honestly people out there who are seriously suggesting "If there were a formal subscription, I'd pay, but because there isn't, I won't bother!" Shocked

I know we're in the middle of "the worst recession in 60 years", but is one measly pound really too much to ask? Sad

Simon dontknow
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, you can always buy a Yellow Diamond (or two Rolling Eyes )

Simon thumbright
Paul83c
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me a website was just something on my computer i looked at, i never realised someone had to come up with the great idea of POCUK (yes im shouting it out loud) then had to do all the hard work of getting the info and working out the layout and sorting any problems then inportantly the cost of running it, i dont think many of us do.

But the points other members and most of all Simon have made are totaly relavent

I may not be a lifetime member yet or been to any events but that is all in the pipeline for 2010 and without this site 2010 with my pajero would be just another normal year, expensive garage bills, no making new friends, no exciting drives through greenlanes no nothing really, quiet simply cause i wouldnt of known all i know now without this site

Thanks Simon thumbright

You may ask why i have been a member for so long and not made a contribution and the reason is i was ignorant amongst other things but as of Monday a nice crisp note shall be on its way (fingers crossed royal mail dont strike as usual)

And shortly after the new year i shall be sending for my diamonds (need the money right now to get my paj up and running)

Thanks again Simon wav
Kermit power

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoCUK wrote:

Simon thumbright

Evil or Very Mad

I just went and looked at those.  It seems I can get a Paj one, or a Delicia one, or an Isuzu one, or in fact pretty much any one I want so long as it's not a Shogun one!  Crying or Very sad

I've sent a fiver via paypal because the site is worth it, but I'm still narked about the lack of suitable yellow diamond!
Captain England
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kermit power wrote:
PoCUK wrote:

Simon thumbright

Evil or Very Mad

I just went and looked at those.  It seems I can get a Paj one, or a Delicia one, or an Isuzu one, or in fact pretty much any one I want so long as it's not a Shogun one!  Crying or Very sad

I've sent a fiver via paypal because the site is worth it, but I'm still narked about the lack of suitable yellow diamond!

Kermit ....well done for contributing......but as regards the the YDs hmmm  ....the clue is in the clubs name POCUK i.e. Pajero Owners Club U.K.   Us Shogun owners are probably in a minority worldwide. Indeed I think sometimes there seems to be more Pajeros in the UK than Shoguns.
Whilst they are all basically the same vehicle, the special ones (of either name) are those displaying YDs. Get a pair and wear them with pride  Smile

Spread the word...the more YDs that get bought the longer we can enjoy the crazy world of POCUK  Laughing  Laughing

Wink  Wink
DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

simon....just a thought....could you possibly change the colour of the writing and size of the text on this thread!!!

anybody visiting the lounge won't see that stuck up the top of the page!!!

just to make it much more noticable to anyone visiting the lounge!!!!.....i know it's a sticky....but it needs to stand out more!!!! Confused  Wink  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Club News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: