eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

torque convertor problem? Can anybody help me please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ady38

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 16:29    Post subject: torque convertor problem? Can anybody help me please? Reply with quote

my 2.5 lwb paj has stopped working  Embarassed
ok came home yesterday towing a trailer and lost gears  just seems to be slipping
was told to change oil or torque converter so done the oil this morning and still not working now is it guaranteed to be the torque convertor was told 3 month ago gearbox was mint but who knows
another question is the torque converter the big bulbus thing on back of engine and if so which is easier to take out to change it the engine or the gearbox?????
any help would be greatly appreciated if anyone is local and can come look then im at clifton moore york mobile number 07515 510506
put my mobile cos not often on comp cos at x`s house
anyone help would be greatly appreciated not used to auto boxs Crying or Very sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 16:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

ady38

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 13:07    Post subject: torque converter Reply with quote

has anyone got any helpfull suggestions as to if it is the torque converter of best way to remove it
Yogi

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

If it is the torque converter then you'll need to pull the gearbox out, the torque converter should stay on the front of the gearbox, then it should just pull off, it will piss oil everywhere thou.

Mike
KEVS PAJ

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 19:11    Post subject: Torque converter Reply with quote

Hi mate i think mine might be gone aswell but have not got round to changin the oil yet know you have said that the oil change has not worked i dont want to waste the new oil when are you thinkin of doin yours cause i need to do mine quite soon have you managed to get a new converter yet if so how much and where from cheers mate kev
andypetz

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

i'm in the middle of an engine swap on my 2.5td exceed with an auto box, and i can tell you that if you need to get to the torque converter DO NOT take the engine out as i've found out to my horror, but when you do the job make sure that you mark where  the torque converter is on the flywheel as it is a nightmare to re-aline if you dont..... hope this helps.. andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: