QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Things that most annoy you about other drivers........

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> POCUK lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should there be more done to stop Sat-Nav systems being 'plonked' onto the middle of the windscreen, blocking the drivers vision?
Driver should get 3 points and a fine.
31%
 31%  [ 13 ]
Driver should just be stopped and asked to move them.
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
I can't see a problem.
39%
 39%  [ 16 ]
Make two of the offenders drive head-on and see what happens
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Ask Tom Tom when you get there
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 41

Brownie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:52    Post subject: Things that most annoy you about other drivers........ Reply with quote

Some things (and I can think of a pretty big list) are just Sooooo annoying about other car drivers that you just have to have a rant, here's a couple of mine! Evil or Very Mad

SAT NAV
My biggest problem with other road users at the moment is the positioning of their Sat-Nav systems on the windscreen!

Why would any 'sane' person stick a box in the middle of the windscreen, blocking their forward vision? I'm not just talking 'below the rear view mirror' here, I'm talking 'ABOVE THE DASH CLOCKS!' right in front of the steering wheel, in the middle of the windscreen. Rolling Eyes
I know it's not easy while driving a Paj, to see through the car in front, but have a look while you're driving around and see for yourself! Shocked
Generally, most people are blocking their forward vision in some way by using a Sat-Nav system on one of those 'sucker' mounts.
Additionally, I cannot believe the amount of drivers using their Sat-Nav at night, using DAY settings! How can they see the road in front? Confused

FOG LIGHTS
The second of my 'bugs' is the use of Fog lights as 'driving lamps', need I say more..... *beep*, what in Gods name do these fools think they are achieving by doing it, other than looking like a BMW driver of course!

I said a couple of bugs, sorry, the third is REAR FOG LAMPS! only one thing to say really! TURN EM OFF WHEN A CAR APPEARS BEHIND YOU! Evil or Very Mad THEY KNOW WHERE YOU ARE! Rolling Eyes

OK, enough from me!

Please add you bugs below! (try to keep the swearing down, and no politics please Wink )
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mrsgrumpy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bored Alan?  Rolling Eyes

Middle Lane Hoggers  Rolling Eyes
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lack of indication at roundabouts, leaving everybody to guess where they are going  Shocked
My old saying is ... No Indication to me then No Consideration for you  Wink

Oh and Busess that leave the ar5e end kicked out when boarding passengers just to stop you getting past them  Twisted Evil
mrsgrumpy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, buses are the worse, especially the bus stop timetable bloke  Twisted Evil  Laughing
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more you drive, the more things seem to annoy you about other drivers' driving habits ...

I had this today ... you're approaching a vehicle on the inside of two lanes ... you're travelling at the speed limit, they're going below the speed limit, so - rather than pull up, you look for an opportunity to pull out ... but everybody on the outside lane is on the defensive - they've got their place - there's NO WAY on God's earth you're going to get in ...

So, you spot a pretty large window of opportunity, then you (mirror, signal, manoever) ... Check that the bloke behind you isn't already moving into the space ... signal to pull out, then go ...

But ... OH NO!!! The driver in the outside lane's thinking ... "That b%4t6r%s just stolen MY space" ... they accelerate, flash their lights, give you the two fingered salute from 4 feet off your back bumper ... 30 seconds on and you pull back in to the inside lane - still at the speed limit for the road, and the ass behind you accelerates away, sounding the horn and shaking a fist on their way past, completely oblivious that they are now back in EXACTLY the same 'place' on the road as they were before the 'incident'.

Now ... don't get me wrong ...

I do get hacked off at people who think that BECAUSE they start indicating, this automatically gives them the right to pull out ... even into a space that simply doesn't exist ... but please ... Rolling Eyes

one other REAL bug-bear for me ...

The sign that says "Merge in turn" ... Do some people REALLY have no grasp of the English Language dontknow

Usually the same people, I suspect, as go storming up the outside lane on the approach to roadworks and try to force their way in at the front of the queue ... HEY - BUDDY! That could be me staddling the lanes in my Paj to stop you from doing it!!! hilarious

So ... now I've got that off my chest ...

In summary ... inconsiderate drivers ... they're a menace!

Simon Confused
bezzabsa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont get me started - after 14 years  as a 'professional' driver (hgv's) then believe me I have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG list of pet hates...needless to say - Lane hoggers/mobile phone users/people who couldnt read a road sign if their life depended on it, rate quite highly!!
3AM middle lane doing 45 Mph... refuse to budge to let me passs correctly - so i 'undertake'......to high beams - Horn and finger waving - he then speeds up to 60 - to pass me again - then sits at 56 at the side of me trying to 'intimidate' me - Me in 18 tones of Loaded Scania - He in a CINQUECENTO....erm slightly unfair fight I thought..

Oh and the all time classic  -lets brake in front of a fully loaded wagon and see what happens  Exclamation - when I'm driving usually quite a lot of accelerating from the car in front when they realise I aint slowing down, and that it may 'hurt ' a little..

best not go on as im in enough pain as it is
midnight buffalo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

drivers who note what others are doing Wink
buffalos neph
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

midnight buffalo wrote:
drivers who note what others are doing Wink

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing should keep deaths off the road and drive on the pavement Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
leebeelee123
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was bus driving I hated the idiots(and most of them are lorry drivers) who thought that they could get around you even when the vehicle is perfectly straight and in line with the kerb, don't they realise that I am carrying the most precious cargo, human life, and that cargo is constantly changing affecting the way the bus handles, and it also talks back to ya, not like a sheet of steel or summat like that......... then there is a timetable to keep to.
When being taught drive a bus my instructor said that the safety and comfort of your passengers comes above all else, and if a driver of another vehicle can't understand that they shouldn't be driving...... enough said.
Saying that tho, I agree with some folks that say bus drivers pull out in front of ya without indicating, believe me, I've seen that quite a lot since doing Publicity at the roadside.
The other thing that gets on my nerves are the idiots who think that because my work vehicle isnt a bus, it isnt entitled to park in a bus stop whilst I am doing work on said stop...
No pleasing some morons is there? Razz  Mad
Oh, and don't get me started on the motorway drivers that when you are in the outside lane at 70 come steming up behind you and flash their f***in lights.
Who the bloody hell do they think they are? Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad
leeandeb

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is simple, ppl that have an elastic band for a leg !

your driving along at 59 mph with the c/control set and you begin to pass some one then they speed up so you pull back in.
10 minutes later it all begins again.

REALLY P's me off big time.
aries

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

dual carrige way set of lights,i,am waiting in left lane. they see a 4x4 and they all move to the right lane,ten cars in the right lane, nobody behind me Shocked so i knock off overdrive put the hold button on, and wait Smile next set off lights,ten cars behind me and nobody at the side of me Laughing  Laughing                                    
                           aries 2.8 auto swb jobby
Captain England
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a couple to add to the list :-

Indecisive drivers....esp. the ones that all sit and look at each others at roundabouts. I fear a lot of the older drivers around here have no idea as they learnt before the roundabout was invented  Confused

And back when I learnt to drive I was told as a driver you should never do anything (within reason) that will cause another vehicle to have to brake. For example when joining the parkway from a slip road, you match your speed to the traffic and filter out into a gap. You don't assume that your use of an indicator somehow changes the rules and means you don't giveway to anything.

And then there's the tailgater, don't get me started on that one  Rolling Eyes
Turvey
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who indicate after they start their manouver Rolling Eyes

Tractor drivers who dont pull in where possible to let the queue of traffic past them Evil or Very Mad
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who, on the approach to a huge, clear roundabout, still pull up to a complete standstill when there's obviously no other traffic in the roundabout!!! Rolling Eyes

It's 'Give Way' - not STOP!!!

Simon Evil or Very Mad
Shevek
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

not really an annoyance, but always makes me laugh: people who don't understand the word AVERAGE

Case in point A2 roadworks has a 50mph average speed limit with the new number plate recognition cameras at various intervals to calculate your speed.

There are still some numpties who bomb through at 80 and SLOW DOWN for the number plate recognition

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  hello1  hello1  sign5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> POCUK lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: