eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Things that most annoy you about other drivers........

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> POCUK lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should there be more done to stop Sat-Nav systems being 'plonked' onto the middle of the windscreen, blocking the drivers vision?
Driver should get 3 points and a fine.
31%
 31%  [ 13 ]
Driver should just be stopped and asked to move them.
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
I can't see a problem.
39%
 39%  [ 16 ]
Make two of the offenders drive head-on and see what happens
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Ask Tom Tom when you get there
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 41

Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobile phone users:
Boston, Saturday .. two lanes, stopped at pedestrian crossing in two lines of traffic. Traffic ahead clears, lights change, guy sitting in car on the ped. crossing, part way between lanes, but mainly right hand lane with left hand indicator.. doesn't move... Confused
Eventually  Rolling Eyes  he realises traffic has moved on, and he sets off. 40 mph speed limit, he's doing 15 ish mph, still indicating left. I gingerly start to undertake him , hoping he's just forgotten his indicator. He has - he's deep in conversation on his mobile  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad Last seen in my rear view mirror, still indicating, absolutely crawling at a walking pace  with two queues off traffic steaming angry behind him Twisted Evil .

France - drivers are mostly good, but it's obviously not in the training to indicate at roundabouts  Rolling Eyes They also tend to tailgate, but at least they're aware of the other traffic, and don't cut you up. they also observe speed limits - in the main.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 18:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Turvey
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taxis..............'nuff said Laughing
leeandeb

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shevek wrote:

Case in point A2 roadworks has a 50mph average speed limit with the new number plate recognition cameras at various intervals to calculate your speed

also BIG brother now want to do this to hgv drivers !!
From the elapsed time over the known distance, in the case of truck drivers driving long distances, avoidance of legally prescribed driver rest periods can be detected. Such systems take a picture of every vehicle passing the first site, and every vehicle passing the second, then find matches between the images from the two sites.
Big Yella Fella

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friggin TOURISTS !!!  withstupid

Living on an island which has many many miles of SINGLE TRACK ROADS but with plenty of PASSING PLACES yet drivers DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE ON THEM grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad  angry5   Evil or Very Mad  It's in the HIGHWAY CODE  book  its not rocket science  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

Sometimes think that the friggin TOURISTS gets their REVERSE GEAR DISABLED on the ferry before coming onto the island. grrr Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  and I'll tell you there are thousands of tourists each year.

Aaaaaggghhh!!!!

Who started this thread? I was nice and calm when I sat down  chillpill

hmmm

Mind you, when I'm driving the Big Yella Fella they do tend to move out of the way   hilarious
ukrabbiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

- rear fog lights left on (it ain't foggy, so you don't need em)
- full beam as folk brow a hill (i saw your beam and dipped before you came over the brow, so you saw mine dip before i blinded you)
- middle lane plodders (and then they think you are in the wrong when you undertake and gesture)
- boy racers thinking they own the road (not when my paj is on their rear bumper with my yellows on they don't)  Laughing
- stopping at clear junctions or roundabouts
- not stopping at stop signs
- the over-curteous driver (lets everybody infront of them, so by the time you've managed to move half a mile, you're 20 cars further back in the queue)
- merge in turn numpties (in turn don't mean steam down the right and just push in where you want)
- sunday drivers (get out more, you'll learn how to drive better, enough said)
- make-up artists (you're driving a car, not sat at your dressing table)
- brake jumpers (people that jump on their brakes because the car infront did, when easing off the accelerator would slow them down in plenty of time)
- motorway weavers (usually BMWs thinking their driving round an obstacle course)

just to name a few  Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there,s any enterprising Auto-electricians out there.., they,d make an absolute fortune repairing all the vehicles I follow that don,t have working indicators.
Evil or Very Mad
bezzabsa

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenthepipe wrote:
If there,s any enterprising Auto-electricians out there.., they,d make an absolute fortune repairing all the vehicles I follow that don,t have working indicators.
Evil or Very Mad

or brake lights that HAVE to be tested every 2 seconds - or whenever another vehicle or bend appears  Evil or Very Mad
Bernard Shaw

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody drives as well as me! So I see all sorts of cr-p driving. But I realise that, as nobody drives as well as me, I have to make allowances! But the one thing that stands out-- Drivers who either don't signal on roundabouts, or give the wrong signal. It really aggravates me when I'm approaching a roundabout, (the whole point of which is to keep traffic moving) and I stop for somebody signalling right, only for them to turn left, so I needn't have stopped, particularly annoying when you're driving something very slow as I often do, or they're not signalling, and in the left lane, so I presume they're going straight on, only to have them continue round the roundabout in front of me as as I start to pull away, so I've got to stop quick. Is it so hard to extend a fingertip and use the indicator switch? Does it cost anything? The highway code is quite clear on lane positioning and indication. Does anybody ever read it? I have to say most HGV/PSV drivers are very good. But a large number of car drivers get it wrong. Time for a campaign perhaps?
Bernard
biggmark

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloody drivers that cant make their mind up which lane they want Twisted Evil
red light jumpers (gonna get one one day  Laughing )
non indicating  Mad
ohhh enought lol
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vehicles driving down an empty dual carriage way, but don't move to the right to allow someone to come onto the road until they have passed...... a simple indication to the right and move over, so that someone can get onto the road is not hard to ask for.

Holiday traffic slowly driving along, nose to tail, going no where fast. A work van stuck at a junction, obviously trying to get to their next job, or collect some materials, but will they let them in? It doesn't take a lot of thought, just to let the van in, one space in the queue isn't going to hurt anyone.

Rear fog lights on when it is raining, blinding as you catch them up.

Tractor drivers......... JCB drivers....... new style farmers hydraulic arm thingies........... all should be banned from driving between certain times of the day. I am sure that they set their alarms to wake them up, and tell them it is time to get onto the road, as the roads are getting busy and they can cause chaos.
SHED
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

alot of things but we all have our own faults at some time Very Happy
paulfaw
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who drive on roads.  Nuff said.  And aeroplanes.
The Apache
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was thinking about starting a thread like this the other day. I've driven 3000 miles in the past month and seen so many stupid things it's unbeleivable  Rolling Eyes

Brownie, you are going to regret starting the thread, because i may be here for some time, as i have a mini novel to write  Twisted Evil  Laughing

The things that really annoy me are:

Slow driving, ie 40mph on good roads. NO NEED!!!
The average car uses more fuel when driven too slow and accidents are more likely to occur as a result of impatience.
My attitude is, if you are not confident enough to drive faster and you haven't got a genuine reason to be driving so bloody slow, then maybe it's time you jacked driving in.

Lack of indication at roundabouts. In my opinion, roundabouts are a great invention, and if everybody used them properly, they would flow much more smoothly.

Front and rear foglights. I want to see more done by the law with regards to the improper use of them.
I really do not understand why nob eds have to have the front fogs on when it's not foggy, especially when the road is wet, the glare is blinding  Evil or Very Mad
I can honestly say, that the stereotyping of Beemer drivers as being the main culprits is wrong. I don't have them on mine, but since owning a Beemer, i have spent more time studying other Beemer drivers, and can honestly say that i haven't witnessed very many at all who do use them inappropriately. The biggest culprits are Peugeot drivers  Rolling Eyes
I've got one of those auto dimming rear view mirrors, so at least the annoyance from behind doesn't bother me so much now, but before, i used to to put my rear fogs on, just to try and get a message accross. Never worked tho  Evil or Very Mad

Foreign lorry drivers. Do i need to say anymore  Rolling Eyes

I know that there is still some poor driving on the motorways, but in my opinion, i really do think that the standards are improving, and excessive speeds seem to be getting less, BUT, i am gonna have to say, that drivers of newish upmarket Range Rovers, are absolute w**kers.
On a trip down the M40 to London last week. I was doing 80 in the outside lane getting passed slower middle lane traffic, and i see in the mirror a new RR belting straight up my ar5e, and tailgated me until i was able to pull back in  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad
Even worse, it happened to me twice, not the same ar5s'ole but a different one  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

Oh, can i just bring pedestrians into the argument aswell?????
I have one thing to say to them "USE THE *beep* PEDESTRIAN CROSSING, IT'S THERE FOR A *beep* REASON, YOU T**T!!!!!!!!!"
Nearly flattened some stupid woman the other day, because she couldn't be ar5ed to walk 10 yards up the road to cross safely  Rolling Eyes
ukrabbiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyclists!!!!  Evil or Very Mad
Have you got a death wish or what?
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Apache
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukrabbiter wrote:
cyclists!!!!  Evil or Very Mad
Have you got a death wish or what?

Yeah, actually i have! You should see some of the stupid things i do on my BMX  Twisted Evil  Laughing  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> POCUK lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: