Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Things that most annoy you about other drivers........

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should there be more done to stop Sat-Nav systems being 'plonked' onto the middle of the windscreen, blocking the drivers vision?
Driver should get 3 points and a fine.
31%
 31%  [ 13 ]
Driver should just be stopped and asked to move them.
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
I can't see a problem.
39%
 39%  [ 16 ]
Make two of the offenders drive head-on and see what happens
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Ask Tom Tom when you get there
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 41

Eriba

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a moan or grip as much as an observation.

OK, it’s time for me to raise my ugly head again, I know some of you enjoy reading my posts and some that thinks, OH NO not him again, but read on.

I believe all that are reading this are all good drivers, (No honestly I do don’t laugh) you have all gone from being a learner driver to the required standard to pass your test and be let loose on the roads, same as I did, all be it some 40 years ago now.

When you where lucky to see another car on the road, and you could count the number of vehicles on a trip down the M50, seen the changes over the years, when we moved into our house in 1986 there were about 5 cars parked outside on the road some 400 to 500 yards (google it B63 4QG) now you’re lucky to find a space to put a car, but the roads have not changed all that much to accommodate for the increase.

Like putting two dozen eggs into a one dozen egg basket, something has got to give if you’re not careful

Drove for a living most of my working life, retired now, like you, seen it all done it all, kept a clean license not even a parking ticket, but we are all human, we all make mistakes I try to educate not dictate, try not to get frustrated with other drivers, if all else fails, I put my left indicator on slow down and let them go, somewhere up the road is a lamppost with flowers on, here lies Mrs Smith or Mr Jones.

Sorry it was long, Be safe out there, there's a lot of nutters on the road.

Remember in the land of the blinkered driver, the one eyed  cyclops  is king.

Phillip
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

The Apache
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well put Philip  Wink

You are ever so right, we all do make mistakes, and nobody is perfect, but there are some who just extract the urine  Confused
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Apache wrote:

You are ever so right, we all do make mistakes, and nobody is perfect, but there are some who just extract the urine  Confused

Well - I disagree.. Evil or Very Mad  I AM perfect, and I'm  typing this on my laptop on my way to my friend's, who just phoned me Very Happy . Don't worry, I did my makeup this morning on my way into Boston  Rolling Eyes  Wink  Laughing  Laughing
The Apache
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daisy wrote:
The Apache wrote:

Well - I disagree.. Evil or Very Mad  I AM perfect, and I'm  typing this on my laptop on my way to my friend's, who just phoned me Very Happy . Don't worry, I did my makeup this morning on my way into Boston  Rolling Eyes  Wink  Laughing  Laughing

........and i bet you were programming the satnav (which you have smack in the line of vision on your windscreen) aswell weren't you  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I suppose women are exempt from laws against carrying out these functions whilst driving, because apparently they can multitask  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Laughing
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Apache wrote:
Daisy wrote:
The Apache wrote:

........and i bet you were programming the satnav (which you have smack in the line of vision on your windscreen) aswell weren't you  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I suppose women are exempt from laws against carrying out these functions whilst driving, because apparently they can multitask  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Laughing

Rolling Eyes Didn't need the Satnav  Rolling Eyes - I can get my route from rac routeplanner .. remember - I've got the laptop with me .. doh!

Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Men  Rolling Eyes I give up ...  Rolling Eyes  Laughing
kev 190164

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

women who drive 4x4 Laughing nobody else out there brave enough to say that Laughing
Turvey
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Do you want flowers at your funeral Kev? Laughing
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who annoy you on the road ....

Drivers who undertake and get away with it .....Lewis Hamilton  Ouch  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Lewis Hamilton .... Says Timo Glock  Laughing  Laughing
tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

kev 190164 wrote:
women who drive 4x4 Laughing nobody else out there stupid  enough to say that Laughing

^ smiles sweetly and dusts of hands^
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

kev 190164 wrote:
women who drive 4x4 Laughing nobody else out there brave enough to say that Laughing

Saying nothing, as I intend to keep my tackle in working order  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing Kev you are a braver man than me Gungadin  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
earthmover
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:30    Post subject: Bad Drivers Reply with quote

It's the Ar****les who just have to sit in the 3rd or 4th lane of the A1M Nr me when there's hardly any traffic about on a Sat or Sun night,  and you can see for a mile at least They really p**s me off, I can quite happily sit in the nearside lane at 70 mph with the occasional overtaking, and NO reason to move out to the 3rd or 4th except to overtake. That said I find Mr Gupta is one of the main perpetrators
Captain England
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do HGVs insist on trying to find which can do  the fastest 56MPH, whilst they block the two lane sections of the A14 and the M11.

Oh and it's true women can multitask. I have this on the highest authority...she told me, so it must be true.
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone that doesn't drive a Paj  Laughing

BMW' drivers and a Local Taxi firm apalling driving  Evil or Very Mad (NOT SID 73's lot) Jase will know who they are.........Tom Selleck played the lead role.just to give a clue
REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HGV "professional" who forms a six vehicle queue, overtakes another doing 55 @55.5, tailgates, Tbones, falls asleep at the wheeel and swerves all over the Road need I go on?  [BRING BACK THE RAILWAYS] Don't get much of that here there just bullies if you see one comming get off the Road,

The standard of driving here is attrocious but they all think there good especially minibusses.
Every week nearly, someone killed in a minibus, two yesterday Inc driver simply ran into the back of a truck at 60 MPH you think its bad there?  Rolling Eyes  Shocked  Twisted Evil
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain England wrote:
Why do HGVs insist on trying to find which can do  the fastest 56MPH, whilst they block the two lane sections of the A14 and the M11.

There is a very good reason for that Mike ... its because we can mate  Wink

You will totally understand this outragous behaviour in years to come when your Paj and everyone elses car is limited to 70  Wink

No seriously though i strongly believe that speed limiters on trucks actually cause accidents, one thing i always try to avoid on motorways is bunching of trucks and speed limiters cause that, its deadly, its so easy for it to all go belly up so if i find myself in that situation i slow down ,simple as, let the nutters get on with it, been there done all that, got more respect for my life these days  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: