eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Driving Lights Fitting

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KEVINBUK

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:51    Post subject: Driving Lights Fitting Reply with quote

As I dont seem to be able to locate a nudge/A/Bull bar of any description that will fit my Challenger, I'm now looking to just fit brackets to hold the 9" dia driving lights. I dont want to fit them directly to the bumper moulding so wonder if any of you guys have pictures of your mounting brackets or can describe what you fixed them to. I'm sure I will be able to figure it out myself when I start, but I hoped someone will have already done this and can save me some head-scratching time... pictures would be great  Cool

meanwhile if anyone knows where a bar can be got then let me know

K  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

m3crj

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:58    Post subject: Bull Bar Reply with quote

just a quick insight if you can get a shogun sport bull/nudge/a bar it will fit the challenger but you will have to drill 2 holes in the challenger bumper for the mounting brackets to poke through from the chasis i think 25-30 mm dia as i had a shogun sport and sold the bull bar from it a year or so agao and the guy that won had a challenger we lined it up to drill but he decided not to drill the bumper and left me to sell the bull bar again Sad  (now sold though)
KEVINBUK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that mate... I have seen a few listed by dealers and have asked if they would fit a Challenger Import and they always say no... ? maybe they just dont know what mods are required to make them fit... I think i'll keep an eye out for one on fleabay and see how it goes.
I did see a great Nudge bar on a black import a while ago... grey plastic lower section with a chrome top bar and "Mitsubishi" in white above the number plate and "Challenger" in the plastic section in the middle of the top bar (a picture would save a thousand words I know...)

I was hoping to pick one of these up...  Crying or Very sad

K  Wink
_Si_

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

My car is currently a few hundred miles away so I can't check, but there must be something around the radiator that you could extend brackets from (to poke out where the grill meets the bumper).

Alternatively, if you don't need the ground clearance, you can mount fogs lower down using the bolts that hold the bumper covers on. I tested this last year but decided against it.
KEVINBUK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Si... I will be fitting the lights above bumper level (in the classic A-bar position) and I have had a look through the grill and can see some possibilities... I was just hoping someone had done a good job already and was willing to share the details/pictures to save me some time.

I will be needing the clearance as I will be taking Charlie off road...  Wink

K
m3crj

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

also to remember if you are planning to do a chasis lift get this done before you install the bull/nudge bar as the mounting point are on the chasis so the holes in the bumper will need drilling in a different location if you do take that route the problem was that the shogun sport has a wider front grill so the bolts that are used to mount the bullbar are on view where as the challeneger as a narrower grill hence the mounting points are hidden behind the bumper skin

you could do with having a good nosey round a shogun sport with the bullbar fitted this will clear up what i'm trying to explain luckily enough mine already has a challenger nudge bar with the chrome A section fitted

oh and also try doing a search on that site for people that are breaking challengers or shogun sports they don't always state what is up for grabs in the listings so a quick question will sort it good luck any ways Laughing
KEVINBUK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

m3crj wrote:
also to remember if you are planning to do a chasis lift get this done before you install the bull/nudge bar as the mounting point are on the chasis so the holes in the bumper will need drilling in a different location if you do take that route the problem was that the shogun sport has a wider front grill so the bolts that are used to mount the bullbar are on view where as the challeneger as a narrower grill hence the mounting points are hidden behind the bumper skin

you could do with having a good nosey round a shogun sport with the bullbar fitted this will clear up what i'm trying to explain luckily enough mine already has a challenger nudge bar with the chrome A section fitted

oh and also try doing a search on that site for people that are breaking challengers or shogun sports they don't always state what is up for grabs in the listings so a quick question will sort it good luck any ways Laughing

Cheers for the reply... I've occasionally seen a Shoggy Sport with an A-Bar near here but I have not been able to stop and nosey yet... must prioritise that one  Rolling Eyes maybe I should be carrying some spanners when I do look  Shocked only joking Cool
I wasnt planning on doing a bodylift but that is good info for anyone who is. kind of obvious really when you think about it but one that would get missed I'm sure - Thanks  Wink

K
aberystwyth andy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look at mine its on readers drives under "has it worked "  only the bottom soft nudge bar with out the ugly chrome top
KEVINBUK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

aberystwyth andy wrote:
have a look at mine its on readers drives under "has it worked "  only the bottom soft nudge bar with out the ugly chrome top

Hey ! that looks like MY CAR !!!  Shocked

nice pics Andy and thats the nudge bar I had seen before (except the one I saw previously had the chrome A bar too) does it have any markings or part numbers to identify it or better still, take it off and send it to me for closer inspection and to see if it will fit mine.. I'll send it back, honest ... hehehe... Wink

Seriously though If anyone else has one like that fitted and doesnt like theirs i would be happy to talk about a price...

K
m3crj

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are some pics of mine with the chrome part

i'll have a good route round to see if i can find some part numbers as for parting with this nudgebar no chance one of reasons i got my this challenger  Laughing good luck with finding one though
aberystwyth andy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah kevinbuk ill look at it in the light  tom i did want to fit some lights on but i cant decide were to put them  Laughing  ...
aberystwyth andy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you looked at l200 i think the front might be the same & they have some nice looking ones ....theres not that many parts around for the challenger though i have put the wood effect dash out of a l200 pick up in mine it fits ok apart from around the air con display & makes it look different to one colour brown plastic  Wink
orcho53

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look on the Bay and type in this item number 270303525123,might interest you  Very Happy
KEVINBUK

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

m3crj wrote:
these are some pics of mine with the chrome part

i'll have a good route round to see if i can find some part numbers as for parting with this nudgebar no chance one of reasons i got my this challenger  Laughing good luck with finding one though

Hey mate that is EXACTLY the car I was referring to... you must have bought it or were selling it when I saw it... I would like to find a nudge bar in that style as I think it looks great...

If you can find any part numbers or markings I would much appreciate it... And if anyone else has one for sale then please contact me with details

thanks for the info and the pics... your car looks great

K  Wink
KEVINBUK

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

orcho53 wrote:
Have a look on the Bay and type in this item number 270303525123,might interest you  Very Happy

I saw that one and thought about it but decided against it as I have not been looking long enough for the one I really want... thanks for the info anyway
K  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: