QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

FRENCH REGISTRATION- in a bag of nutshells

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gtland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, seems like a plan. I`ll try to put a post up next w-end with any news.
As a note: I left the car with my local garage last week so they could put a C.T. test on it. The center they use wanted the document from the DREAL & "reception de dossier RTI" & "reception a titre isole" & "homollogation du territoire Francais" before doing test. Hence I`m off to the place that did C.T. on the VW. As you`ve said before some centres seem to want to make problems. Whereas others follow the rules without making a fuss. I know who`s getting my custom in the future.
One other thing that may be of interest is that when I bought the car. I did check the condition of the tyres, but didn`t check the sizes.... they were 31" x 10.5". No-one but me to blame. I have changed them, as I suspect they`d be a "fail".
And further to your comment about incorrect tax being charged: my 2000 VW was first reg at the Prefecture as being new. Caused a hike in the amount due and problems trying to get a Control Technique on a 12yr old/brand new car! Still thats sorted now, but at a cost of several hours chasing around and sitting holding my precious "deli" ticket.
Thanks again for your thoughts.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 17:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

They tried to charge us for the SWB Paj cause the DREAL had made an error, writing the date of first reg in UK as the date of first registration ever.. it caused a real kerfuffle when I refused point blank to pay 400 plus euros for a 1993 car.  All the docs had to be sent back to the DREAL and I had to spend another happy hour or so waiting in the queue at the sous prefecture. I also discovered they'd marked out box trailer down as a caravan, so that had to go back as well..  Laughing It's quite fun being able to tell them they got it wrong  Wink

The first CT place we tried, as beginners to the French system, told us that no they would not do a CT on a UK car unless it had all it's French documentation... We never went back there either, the next place we tried was very helpful...
Car tax - well, there's been quite a few who end up paying UK car tax at a higher level because the DVLA have entered date of first registration in UK not the date the car was actually manufactured and registered in Japan.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted without having to go DREAL ..  Wink
gtland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not good news I`m afraid: had a call from the C.T. centre to say they can`t do a test before a visit to the DREAL.  A call to Mitsi Paris revealed that Isabelle Brivady is off on holiday, won`t be in the office until Tues 19th.  No-one else will deal with the file as her name is on it.  
The web-site for my nearest DREAL seems faulty, so I had a look at one for Caen, (near my work base). That seems to show visits are only possible on certain days. (Tues aftie, Thu aftie or 3rd Thu of the month depending on station). Even more reason to try to get a full CoC from Paris!
Ian46

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my Paj for a CT in September at the CT station in Gorron. The guy there only asked for the English logbook and he passed it first time, no problem. So all this *beep* about needing CoC and trips to the DREAL is rubbish and I reckon they don't know what they're doing! Evil or Very Mad

In the last 2 years I've taken 3 UK registered cars for CTs without the CoC and I've not been told to go to DREAL for any additional papers. In my opinion shop around for a CT station that will do the CT without messing you about.

As for a full CoC for a Paj? I've only heard of people getting part CoC. Any body out there who knows different? Please drop us a line and tell us how it's done, I think every body would like I full CoC for there Pajeros. Very Happy
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian46 wrote:
I took my Paj for a CT in September at the CT station in Gorron. The guy there only asked for the English logbook and he passed it first time, no problem. So all this *beep* about needing CoC and trips to the DREAL is rubbish and I reckon they don't know what they're doing! Evil or Very Mad

In the last 2 years I've taken 3 UK registered cars for CTs without the CoC and I've not been told to go to DREAL for any additional papers. In my opinion shop around for a CT station that will do the CT without messing you about.

As for a full CoC for a Paj? I've only heard of people getting part CoC. Any body out there who knows different? Please drop us a line and tell us how it's done, I think every body would like I full CoC for there Pajeros. Very Happy

You haven;t read far enough back... the car gtland is talking about is a UK Shogun, hence the expectation for a full CoC and the question why it has not been granted such.  Wink  

We also have had CTs done using the UK reg certificate on '95 Paj, '96 Volvo, '93 Paj, '83 Porsche and 06 Shogun. Have they changed the regulations I wonder ? Probably not... I'd try another CT place, there's usually plenty around.
Ian46

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about mixing it up with the Shogun, Embarassed  but I don't think all UK suppliers are willing to give a CoC for UK supplied cars, for example, My friend has got a UK supplied Nissan Navara but Nissan UK wouldn't give him a CoC for it. He took it to a Nissan dealer at Flers and they checked it out and gave him a part CoC not a full CoC and he didn't have to take it to DREAL at all and he soon had his cart gris and his French plates.
I'm thinking about taking my Paj to a Mitzy dealer in Rennes to see if I could get a CoC and maybe get the job done easier.
Any thoughts on this idea?
gtland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no smiley face at my breakfast table today. Mitsi Paris say they only issue partial CoCs for any vehicle manufactured outside of France. My friend argued that their other makers do so, but no joy. It seems to me this an overly strict interpretation of the rules, but I ain`t gonna waste time `n` effort shouting about it. Visit to DREAL seems necessary. As I`ve previously said this is going to be painful, because of work commitments, but looks unavoidable.
Ian, maybe a local dealer will do all the necessary paper work for you.... for a price of course. If Mitsi Paris give a full CoC, to them, please let us know.  You`ll hear my scream from miles away.  What year is your Paj?
Ian46

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gtland, my paj is a '97 fieldmaster. At the moment I don't know which route to go, either send my paperwork to Paris and request a CoC which we all know will be a part cert, or take it to a Mitzy dealer and let them do an inspection and still only get a part CoC. My friend paid 149€ to the Nissan dealer at Flers for a part CoC and sent all the paperwork to Alencon and 10 days later he got his new carte gris, it was so simple it was unbelievable. So now I'm undecided what to do. pay x-amount to Mitzy at Renne and get their CoC or get a free one from Paris which will warrant a visit to DREAL. How much is it for a visit to DREAL these days?
gtland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems from the Basse Normandy DREAL web=site to be 90 odd Euros. I could be wrong on that tho.  I don`t know if that varies between regions, or if it`ll be less as they only need to check "E" markings on lights & windows. . . (Still can`t see why the Control Technique can`t pick up any problems there)... Reckon I`ll go UK for another MoT Test to give me more time to play with.
Ian46

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you want an MOT?
Change your headlights for the European ones and shop around for a CT station.
I CT'ed mine in September, I just produced my UK logbook and it took 40 minutes. Very Happy
gtland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 local C.T. stations have said "no", they`ll not a full cert without papers from DREAL.  I don`t have time to shop around, so am just" going with the flow", until I`ve time to sort it.  Wish my locals were more like yours, but wishing ain`t gonna change `em.
Ian46

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where abouts are you in Normandie?
gtland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live near 27 Bernay, work from 14 Caen. I`m a peripatetic worker so can`t make any normal hours appointments easily. I intend jumping thro the necessary  hoops come holiday time hence renewing the UK MoT soon.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian46 wrote:
Hi gtland, my paj is a '97 fieldmaster. At the moment I don't know which route to go, either send my paperwork to Paris and request a CoC which we all know will be a part cert, or take it to a Mitzy dealer and let them do an inspection and still only get a part CoC. My friend paid 149€ to the Nissan dealer at Flers for a part CoC and sent all the paperwork to Alencon and 10 days later he got his new carte gris, it was so simple it was unbelievable. So now I'm undecided what to do. pay x-amount to Mitzy at Renne and get their CoC or get a free one from Paris which will warrant a visit to DREAL. How much is it for a visit to DREAL these days?

If the car is a RHD Uk registered Pajero you will have to apply to Paris and will only get a partial CoC. You WIL have to visit the DREAL. It's really no big deal, 86 euros for the inspection and they will tell you if there is anything further to do. Seatbelts without EU markings do conform, so you may have to blag that one out, just direct them back to Mitsi France. I assume you have checked the glass for E markings, bought and fitted LHD headlights and changed the foglight over to the other side ?

Any questions send me a pm or reply here. Do read through this whole topic - most questions have been asked before. Very Happy
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

gtland wrote:
Live near 27 Bernay, work from 14 Caen. I`m a peripatetic worker so can`t make any normal hours appointments easily. I intend jumping thro the necessary  hoops come holiday time hence renewing the UK MoT soon.

Try Mitsi UK again head office.. I cannot understand why they won't issue a full COC.  Confused They did for me in March this year....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: