Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

FRENCH REGISTRATION- in a bag of nutshells

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Si_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Russ and good luck Daisy, to date I'd only read horror stories of expense about trying to do this so these positive posts are great.

Would either of you be willing to provide details of where you got your continental headlights please?

I have been toying with importing the Challenger but this was the first hurdle and eBay has been rather useless. My fear is they never sold my particular revision in Europe and so I'd need to exchange the whole front end for a later one, but that's another story...

Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 21:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

russ t

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:24    Post subject: French registration Reply with quote

HI again,

Don't forget if you already didn't know, that a french MOT (Control Technique) lasts for two years and the only car tax you have to pay is on the initial issue of your Carte Gris...then no more car tax as long as you keep the car.
Also I had snags adjusting the headlights and after a quote of over 330 euros from the mitzy dealer in Perigeuex I had a pair of LHD headlights sent out from them nice people at Milners (as I recall the cost was less than 150 quid including postage to Frogland)

Russ T
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my LHD headlights about 1 & 1/2 years ago from Ebay.. about £120 if I remember right. I've looked through my feedback, but can't find who it was who sold them - sorry..
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, just found my 'original' receipt Wink  - and you know what - it says VAT included... Wink  Wink  Laughing Odd that  Wink

Do I have to remove my bull bars?  Sad
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just completed my form, about to take the plunge and send it ... and loads of other paperwork   Wink  off.
Incidentally - I went to try to get a Controle technique done  in Langon .. and the guy said he couldn't/wouldn't do one until I had the French paperwork... Confused  chicken and egg??
Anyway, Mitsubishi France is getting my car's life history  Laughing
russ t

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck !!!
hoolie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi How have you got on with registering your Pajero. I registered mine in France just over a year ago and may be able to help if you still have problems.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi hoolie,
I'm no further on ...
Still waiting for some kind of response from Mitsubishi re Certificate of Conformity. I suppose les Fetes - Christmas etc. haven't exactly helped a speedy response Rolling Eyes
Insurance has become something of a nightmare after I discovered that the club scheme had not renewed as I requested. I ended up unwittingly uninsured for 2 months  Shocked  which I would NEVER do. I took out Ecar insurance because I could pay by the month, but they didn't receive the proof of no claims I sent on 18th December, and the first I knew about it was a letter today that they cancelled my insurance yesterday!!! Evil or Very Mad I've spent the entire day emailing them with the information as I've paid up til the 20th  Sad They have not replied at all, nor given any read receipts, so I just left a complaint on their customer complaints. The rest of the time I've been trying to find insurance using my UK address - most quotes couldn't follow through because the car isn't on the database as it has no insurance Rolling Eyes  Twisted Evil If I'd ever claimed on insurance it wouldn't be so bad.. but I've got 9 years proof and have never had an at fault accident..grrrr!
I've investigated insurance locally, but though AXA would insure the car, for €560  Shocked  Shocked  apparently I hear from elsewhere that it's not valid unless you've actually applied for your carte grise, which I can't do until I get the C o C.. I also went to a local Controle Tech place, but they would only test the car if it had French Carte Grise.. Evil or Very Mad  kind of chicken and egg.. I'm sure I can get a Controle Technique done elsewhere, but I'm kind of waitiing on the Cert de Conformité in the hope it'll arrive fairly soon. Once I get that I can get going and I actually have an online quote for €390 odd, which seems a lot better, if still a whole lot more than - nearly double Shocked  - I was paying in UK.
Who do you insure with, and I'd really be interested to know how much you pay? We've got 3 cars to insure eventually  Confused

Sorry, pardonnez-moi - this is a bit of a diatribe Wink  Laughing
Bonne nouvelle Année  Laughing
hoolie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently isuring the Pajero through Direct Assurance €301, but is was via AXA with no probs with the UK registeration. I bought it from a brit who had moved to France with it but not registered it here.

Try another CT place. I have just put a client's UK car through its CT with no problem all I need do now is go to the Prefecture. I have CT'd my two Morris Minors on UK plates through the same place with no problem. Sounds like a jobs worth.

Are you wating for a COC from Mitsubishi UK or France. UK are useless and did not reply to any of my requests. Go to the French registered office and they will give you a Certificate of Non Conformity then it is just a visit to your local dept of mines to get it checked.

If you need any technical info I have it all for a 1994 Diesel 2.8 LWB.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent off to Mitsubishi France, along with my cheque for €206 or whatever it was. They haven't cashed the cheque yet, but I know they got the letter because it was sent recommandé. Direct Assurance was my €390 quote. my French isn't bad face to face, but telephone conversations are a bit tricky, which is why I haven't tried ringing them.

I simply can't afford €560 odd for this car's insurance...
I thought it was a job'sworth with the CT place - there's several others around, it's been too cold to go out and about much recently Wink
Where abouts are you?

PS Welcome to Pocuk - it's a great place Very Happy
hoolie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Chateauneuf near Cognac in The Charente. Where are you?
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Préchac - near Langon about 40 miles SE of Bordeaux - a mere stone's throw from St Emilion etc.  Very Happy ... so our wine's better than yours  Wink  Laughing  Laughing

Not too far away though - we stayed in Charente Maritime at Cartelegue for a holiday while we were trying to narrow down our area search. We have a sailing boat that we wanted to keep at Cazaux ( that's where we do keep her now  Very Happy ), and after our stay there we dismissed anywhere up that way because the road round Bordeaux is so horrible and busy to travel on a regular basis. It's not the prettiest area here, very much forested, but it was was a compromise. It's very French, so all the friends we have made so far are French and our language is coming on in leaps and bounds.  Very Happy
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a Certificate of Partial Conformity back through the post  Very Happy , the only thing that needs checking is the glass E numbers and signal-age, which is all OK ( I hope ) and better still Laughing , they sent the cheque back as well uncashed  Very Happy  Very Happy
So, it's off to the Centre des impots, Controle Tech and then I can register and get my French plates - whoopee!!
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the local Centre des Impots yesterday, and I now have my Certificat D'aquisition to say VAT has been paid. The woman wasn't interested in the receipt I'd so carefully forged Shocked ... Rolling Eyes - she just looked at the V5 as to date of first reg and when I'd bought it.. reading the back of the form, I can now 'circulate' for one month on my strangers number plates, or 4 months if the car has to have an inspection by the Direction Regional de L'Industrie - The 'DRIRE'.. this is obviously only once I have actually applied for my Carte Gris, before that I have to gt my CT done and sort insurance.. We always seem to hit the CT places at lunch time.. when they're all shut Rolling Eyes  Monday I'll get it underway. Wink  Laughing
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booked in for a CT tomorrow at 3pm. The guy was a bit doubtful as the chassis number doesn't have enough digits.. Rolling Eyes  However, he walked round the car and noted the things I'd changed, headlights foglight.. and all I've got to do now is remove my Cibie spots as one of them has a broken lens - because of a French stone! Evil or Very Mad he didn't seem phased by my bullbar. I'll have to buy some more spots at some point, as it gets foggy here and there's no cats eyes. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: