2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

FRENCH REGISTRATION- in a bag of nutshells

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoolie and Russ ... out of interest, did you have to visit the DRIRE over the partial conformity? or does the CT cover the glass, lights and signalage?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 15:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

russ t

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I've been a bit busy of late, just caught up with the posts ......nothing seems to be straightforward here in Frenchland does it !!!, firstly Insurance.. they will always try to fob you off with the most expensive one that they can as they work on a commission basis. If your motor has still a A'nglaise MOT on it and you are and can prove that you are matriculating (you get a file no from the prefecture) Insurance shouldn't be a problem, The French version is the Montero/ Pajero so with your partial c o c you should be able to match up to the french Ins data base. If you are a french resident and have been for more than 6 months with English plates on according to French motoring Statutes you will be refused Insurance unless you can prove that you are in the process of registering the said vehicle... also it gets embarrassing when the locale Gendarmerie come out in packs and stop you.. Insurance companies here are the same as in England, be persistant and if you have a problem with the lingo take someone with you if you can. I get a lot more for my french Ins than I did with the English... try Generalie, Groupama or flick through ads of French News for english.
Control Technique..you will find sometimes that you will come across an offisious 'dick' you doesn't like the English who will fob you off, There is no reason why any european vehicle in any member state cannot be tested if you are a resident of that member state. So check out other CT gaffs locally. I had a slight problem with the first CT........ the computer said NO..... these are all linked to a central database, the guy said that there wasn't enough numbers in the VIN ???? after a bit of head scratching and a few more tries... he had missed a hyphen out (-) problem solved, computer said yes.... CT issued.
The French ministry of transport, if you already have a CT this should not be a problem as your vehicle has passed a CT. Again if you have your partial C of C it shouldn't be a problem... I think it comes down to the person who is dealing with you at the prefecture ... need I say more !!!!
If I can help with the limited knowledge that I have give me an e-mail,  ruscle60@hotmail.com
Right, I'm off to do the a fuel pump seal change....

Russ t
russ t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, just thought of 1 bit I missed, on adivce, I put a plate under the bonnet with the weight loads and towing weights on, before the CT. Spots were removed, and if your number plate isn't rivited on you can fail the CT, if you have an additional rear fog light it must be on the left hand side.

russ t
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my CT done without problems, just struggling with the immatriculation form re. where to put which weights. I may contact you re. that if that's OK?.. I already changed my fog light - it's cable tied to the tow bar, so that was really simple. The car passed the CT without any weight plate inside the engine compartment Wink I did remove my spots because one has broken glass Sad the CT guy said that I could either remove  them or replace them. The full bull bar is still on the car, and was for the CT.

When we finally get there , I will collate all this info and do a potted post to help others in the same situation. Wink

Best of luck with the fuel pump seals.. Sad
russ t

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

no probs Daisy, anytime....`I hope the info has been of use

russ t
_Si_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm trying to decide if it's worth trying this after all. Pajeros/Challengers seem so expensive in France compared to the UK, but all this bureaucracy is a proper nightmare and so many Brits out here just drive on UK plates all the time...

Might take the first steps anyway - Daisy, where did you get hold of the form to send to Mitsu France seeking partial conformity?

Thanks
Si
russ t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour Si,
As posted earlier, all the info for matriculation is here, in your case you first have to contact mitsy france who will forward the forms to you, I may have a copy of this somewhere in my filing system as well as the partial C of C. Daisy mentioned about gathering all info obtained so far........so we could perhaps have a start of our own data base .... we've proved that it can be done and with the price of 4x4's here it's worth it, you could look at the process as a free french lesson....

russ t

La Coquille
Nord Dordogne
_Si_

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this thread is a great mine of information Russ, much better than I've managed from browsing the site of the prefecture here! I thought the form might be available to download but perhaps that was wishful thinking! - will try soon to bash out a letter to the address given. Smile
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Been offline - the tempete meant we had no power, phones, heating etc since Saturday am - went out at 5 am on the saturday in incredible wind - about 170kph Shocked  and moved the Paj put of the 'garage marquee' we bought to keep two of the cars in.. Good thing I did as it's in bits now - it blew away!! Shocked
A lesson learned - to watch the French meteo as well as UK TV Rolling Eyes
Only just got the internet back.. which is why I haven't been online. I've got a dobermann demanding food just now  Wink  - back in a bit.
I have a copy of the form from Mitsubishi somewhere on a computer I think..- if you pm your email to me I will send it to you Si

Cheers for now
Anne
hoolie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi glad you survived the tempete. Not sure if you still need weights etc for your registeration...let me know as I still have the info on file but not the coc. The Dept of mines guy will just need to check e numbers on lights, glass and seat belts (which dont have any) Mitsubishi France should issue you with a letter that confirms that they conform.

My bull bar stayed on during my CT with no comments, but I had to change the spots as the old ones were still handed for the UK!!!!
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visited the sous-prefecture today. Met an officious cow of a woman Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  who wasn't interested, told us to take a ticket like at the Deli, even though ther wasn't another person in the building Rolling Eyes  She was very brusque Twisted Evil  and almost rude and she took ( almost snatched ) my original V5 (luckily I have multiple copies of EVERYTHING.. Rolling Eyes ) my filled out form, my Attestation de Conformité Partiale and attached illegible print out from Mitsi France, my proof of tax paid. As soon as she saw the 'partial' bit on the A de C she stuffed a piece of paper at me to fill out for the Dept des Mines ( minefield?) and she gave me a chitty for my documents and said I'd be hearing from them - end of conversation Evil or Very Mad
I tried to argue that the CT people had already looked at the glass, indications and lighting.. but she wasn't having any of it. I never got the chance to show proof of identity, or address... I wonder whether they'll subsequently ask for that? Rolling Eyes Oh joy! I won't be pleased if that delays anything further..
It was sad to meet our first truly obnoxious French person. I will certainly avoid her when we go back for the Porsche, the Volvo, the two trailers and the caravan ( if we do..)
I wouldn't mind, but it wasn't even all that close to lunch time.. Rolling Eyes
hoolie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice is to go just after lunch on a Friday. Our sous Prefecture in Cognac is fine...very small and has worked a treat on two occasions. Its all a case of getting the correct pieces of paper. The dept of mines took on car registerations/conformity when the mining industry started to decline and the powers that bee needed somthing for all those civil servants to do. Could always photo copy the COC with the "partial" obscured!!!!!
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoolie wrote:
Could always photo copy the COC with the "partial" obscured!!!!!

It did cross my mind  Laughing  Rolling Eyes  - but I'm basically honest....ish... Wink  Laughing
I'm a bit annoyed that the half hour I spent practising the previous owners signature Wink  for my super dooper receipt of purchase hasn't even been looked at so far.. Rolling Eyes
hoolie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last two cars I have registered (one mine and one for a client) have had my signature as the vendor on a sales recipt knocked up on Word the night before Twisted Evil . As I said it is just a paper collection exercise. I will be registering my 1956 Morris Minor next week. Been here 5 years and still not done it!!!! managed to get the COC from Rover about two weeks before they went under. Strangely enough i still have the original reciept from that dealer I bought it from 18 years ago. They probably wont accept it!!!! Laughing
_Si_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this earlier today, on the right is what you 'officially' need to import a non-EU vehicle.

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F19222.xhtml?&n=Transports&l=N18&n=Automobiles%20et%20deux-roues&l=N529&n=Carte%20grise&l=N367&n=Acqu%C3%A9rir%20un%20v%C3%A9hicule&l=N18726

Daisy, is this the form you sent to Mitsubishi France?

http://www.le-pajero.com/dossier_import/demande_d%27identification.htm

Slightly off tangent, car tax: As the new French system is based on emissions, do our older cars escape this or do they record them at the date of French registration ie a ten year old car is suddenly a 'new' car when issued with French plates?!

p.s. The body of my letter to Misti France follows: any comments? Writing and grammar were never my strong point!  Laughing

J’ai l’honneur de vous demander de vouloir m’envoyer des renseignements concernant l’Attestation de Conformité (Partiale).

Je suis propriétaire d'un Mitsubishi Challenger, année 1997 et d’origine Japonais, immatriculé dans le Royaume Uni et que je tiens à importer en France. S'il vous plaît fournir les informations nécessaires a propos de la conformité Européen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: