Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

FRENCH REGISTRATION- in a bag of nutshells

Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:09    Post subject: FRENCH REGISTRATION- in a bag of nutshells Reply with quote

I've edited this page to update with DaveMuttleys excellent 'how to register your Pajero in France comparatively painlessly' Thanks for sorting this out so well!!
Here is a rather grubby copy of the form to send to Mitsubishi - complete and send to:  
EDIT 2013 I believe the address has changed:

Mitsubishi Motors Automobiles France
Parc d'Activités des Béthunes
1 Avenue du Fief
CS60006 Saint OUEN L'AUMONE
95067 CERGY PONTOISE Cedex

If you want to call them, tel is 01 34 35 84 00      

"Here's our experience of registering our Paj in France from start to finish.  Perhaps someone clever (Daisy?   ) could advise if I've made any mistakes.  I've tried to be quite thorough so this looks quite a long and laborious process but it's not really.  In fact, it's pretty easy... This is put together based on our own experience with our Paj (2.5 TD Exceed LWB) I guess others' experiences may differ...

Pajero Registration Requirements

Start by creating an information pack about your Paj and you containing the following documents and make several copies of it.  To be on the safe side, this should contain...

"THE PACK"
UK V5C/Log book
"Original" Invoice for your vehicle
Valid Insurance Certificate
Valid Driving Licence
Proof of Residence in France (Phone bill for landline or Electricity bill)
Valid Passport

Step 1:  The Controle Technique (French equivalent of the MOT).  Not a difficult thing to get.  
Make an appointment with your nearest CT centre and rock up at the alotted time with "The Pack" in hand.  It's not too painful but your lights do have to point the right way for a LHD vehicle.  (Stick on headlamp converters won't do).  We bought ours off eblag in Germany for €95.  The CT's much the same as for a UK MOT test, just make sure the lights point to the other side and you should be OK.  Add the CT certificate to "The Pack"

Step 2:  The Quittus Fiscale.  Visit your local tax office and get a Quittus Fiscale.  You can just walk in for this, there shouldn't be any need to make an appointment.  The Quittus Fiscale is a certificate showing that you don't owe any tax on your vehicle.  You'll need to produce an invoice for when you bought the vehicle.  For a lot of folks who don't have much history on theirs, this really is "an invoice" rather than "the invoice" if you know what I mean.  The tax people might only give it a cursory glance but they won't issue the certificate without seeing something.  They'll also take copies of all the other docs in the "Pack" which will go in a file and, according the guy at our tax office, "won't ever be looked at again".  Add the Quittus Fiscale to the "Pack".

Step 3:  The Certificate of Conformity.  This is NOT difficult to get.  
For a vehicle that was imported to the UK from Japan and that you now wish to register in France, you will receive a Certificate of Partial Conformity from Mitsubishi.  The DREAL (local vehicle inspectorate) will then check the parts of the vehicle that aren't covered by the Partial Certificate and , once they're happy that the vehicle's OK, will issue the Carte Gris.  So, to acquire the Certificat de Conformite Partiel...

1.  Contact Mitsubishi on 08.10.81.08.71 and tell them you need a Cert of Conformity.  If phone calls are scary, you can write to them at

Mitsubishi Motors France I THINK THIS ADDRESS HAS CHANGED
Service Homologation
BP 10051 ONSY
95521 CERGY PONTOISE CEDEX

TRY THIS:

Mitsubishi Motors Automobiles France
Parc d'Activités des Béthunes
1 Avenue du Fief
CS60006 Saint OUEN L'AUMONE
95067 CERGY PONTOISE Cedex

If you want to call them, tel is 01 34 35 84 00    

2.  They will send you a form to fill in (they'll e-mail it if you give them your address).  The form they sent us is attached to this post.
3.  Send the form back with a cheque for €209.30   which they seem to send back to you   , presumably because they can't issue a full Cert of Conformity.)
4.  You will then receive a Cert of Partial Conformity
5.  There will be a part of the C of PC that outlines parts of the vehicle that they can't confirm are OK such as, in our case, seat belts, windows, lights, glass.  If you're happy that your own vehicle will pass an inspection go to point 6.
6.  Add the Cert of Partial Conformity to "The Pack" and head off to the Prefecture with the paperwork.   (We were lucky and our Mairie did all the contact with the Prefecture by post)

Up to this point, as far as everyone's concerned you're importing a standard vehicle.  So, you will have given a cheque to the Prefecture for the cost of importing the car.  Thing is, you're not importing a standard car and you won't get a Carte Gris on the basis of the Certificate of Partial Conformity. The DREAL will need to check over the car to get the full document.  Therefore, the DREAL will be notified by the Prefecture and they will then send you a letter telling you when and where to turn up to have the vehicle inspected.  This inspection costs around €65 (our Paj failed fist go so we had to go back for a second test but we only paid once).  

To get through the DREAL Inspection for the Carte Gris (French Equivalent of a V5C/Log book)...

Step 4: The DRIRE.  This isn't as bad as it sounds.  You need to take with you "The Pack" and an expandable, self addressed, A4 envelope with about €6.00 of stamps on it (all will be explained later!) and a cheque book to pay the €65ish for the pleasure of having the vehicle inspected.

The DREAL need to be satisfied that the vehicle is the one you claim (by checking chassis numbers) and that it ticks all the boxes on their European Conformity lists.  It's quite a long list but if your vehicle has been imported into the UK already you should have most of them ticked already.  As mentioned above, there will be things on the Partial Cert of Conformity that Mitsu can't confirm.  For us this was lights, window glass and seat belts... You can check this stuff easily.  

Glass.  All glass on the car (including sunroof) needs to display an 'E' in a circle.  If it doesn't, worst case scenario is that they can make you change the glass.  (Some of our windows had really faint 'E's and we really had to look hard for them - the guy was happy with that)
Seatbelts.  The seatbelt anchors also need to display the same "E" in a circle too, if not, you can be made to change them (we had none on our seatbelts but the bloke let us off luckily as I didn't fancy replacing all seven).  Some people have successfully got the DREAL to contact Mitsubishi about this who have confirmed that the're OK and it's been accepted.  

Lights.  Headlights have to point in the right direction (even though by now they've seen a new CT certificate!) and, for us, all lights were tested.  Our inspector was just as interested to see that the lights on the dashboard worked when the corresponding lights were on.

Fog Light.  We had to move ours over to the left and demonstrate not only that it worked but that there was a light on the dash telling us that it was on.  As per front fogs, we should really have removed them prior to the test as they didn't have the "E" symbol and someone told us they were too powerful.  We just told him they were "Un peu Du Bling" and didn't work and he accepted that (!)
Plaque outlining weights and measures.  This was the only real pain to do.  The info was hard to find and Mitsu didn't help at all.  Thank God for POCUK!  It has to contain the chassis number and all the weights and measures that you entered on the form and sent back to Mitsu and be rivietted (not screwed) to the body of the vehicle.  We got one weight wrong so it failed.  We made up another plaque using the exact numbers the DREAL inspector gave us and he technically failed it again because HE had made a mistake but let us off provided we change it later.  With his numbers, we could fail the next CT.  (Amazingly, the official Mitsubishi plaque wasn't considered EU spec but the one we cobbled together was fine!  )

Tyres.  Check your tyres as they need to be EU spec and the treads need to be identical on each axle.

Another important point which isn't difficult for any Paj driver is to remain smiley, polite and calm at the DREAL!    

Once you've got away from the DREAL with a successful test they'll send back the Stamped Addressed Envelope (ours arrived next day!).  This contains documents for the prefecture and a secret envelope which says "Don't Open" on it.  I have no idea what this contains (DREAL Party Photos maybe?) you'll need to take/send it back to the prefecture who'll send you the Carte Gris in the post which you'll need to sign for! I don't think we got the secret envelope(Daisy)

When you've got the Carte Gris, take it to a local cordonnerie (key cutter)(or Leclerc auto) and get your new fancy registration plates made up.  Then sit back and have a beer because you deserve it!

I think that's about everything.  Let me know if there are any gaping errors/omissions.  If you want to know anything else, feel free to contact me.  

From our experience it IS worth doing and, while a relatively lengthy process, it's not difficult and at the end of it you have your beloved Paj all fitted neatly into the system.  

Anyway, hope this helps others.

Cheers

Joe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IDENTIFICATION.doc
Description: This is the form Mitsu sent us to fill in to identify the Paj to get the Cert of Conformity. Send it back with the other items they ask for at the bottom.

Download
Filename:  IDENTIFICATION.doc
Filesize:  42.5 KB
Downloaded:  5 Time(s)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAISY This is where my original thread started - there's quite a bit covered regarding problems we encountered, so read on>

Not quite sure whether to put this here, in main tech, or lounge Confused I need a reply soon..  Smile

I have a form from Mitsi France to fill out ( and send with a cheque for €209.30  Shocked  Evil or Very Mad ) to get, possibly  Rolling Eyes , a Certificate of Conformity.. or more probably Evil or Very Mad  a Certificate of Non Conformity, so I can start the French reg, process.
I need some info a.s.a.p.

This is a fairly bad internet translation of the relevant bits of the form - I've filled much of it already..:

General informations: N° of registration: ...N704BCH.
Country of consignment: Japan/ UK.......................
Go back to the 1st putting into circulation: ....1995.......................
Mark: ........................................
Commercial name (model/version): ......KD-446WG RPFI ............

Type factory(to be found on one of the plates IMPERATIVE manufacturer) ...............................

Plate manufacturer: To recopy below the information noted on the plate manufacturer, placed either in the driving compartment, or in the trunk, or on the amount of right door. The EEC number of reception  is not to be filled unless it exists. ( which it doesn’t  Rolling Eyes  )

N° of identification: __ V46-4202498
Total weight in load: ............................... kg
Travelling total weight: ................................... kg
Maximum weight axle AV1: ............................ kg
Maximum weight axle AV2: ............................ kg
Tare weight (on travel document) ............. kg

Engine/Transmission: Type): ...Automatic...................
Cubic capacity (Cm3): ..2835.........
Power (kw): ...............................................?....
Number of transmission gears: ..........4...................................

Now, I know that all UK Shoguns have this info, or most of it, as they were originally manufactured for the UK, and thus EU regs.
Fat Bloke sent me the weights from the plate on his Shogun some long time ago, and I assume that because the weights matched that in my UK language handbook for the 2.8 LWB, the axle weights will be the same. I am confused as to which weights go where..?? Any ideas anyone?
I have: from Fat Bloke Very Happy :
Kerb weight: 2045kg
Max Gross weight 2720kg
Max laden weight 2720 kg
Gross Train weight 6060kg
Axle 1 1200kg
Axle 2 1780kg

POWER in Kw - haven't a clue, as I don't know the HP to convert from.. Confused
Next thing - I know that they are going to require fitting of another 'constructor's plate', with these weights on. ( Apparently it doesn't need to be a 'real' one) My Paj doesn't have one, but UK reg. Shoguns do. Where is it normally fitted?
Is there anybody able or willing to try to get a scrap one for me, so it looks a bit more official, - I don't need or want the chassis number on it..(which could be a reason for a scrap merchant to say 'no way').. or does anyone have access to a 1995- ish 2.8 LWB Shogun to at least get  a picture, or an exact copy of the details. I did try to get a blank Mitsi plate to fill out; someone on the Deli forum said they knew someone who would provide one, but despite having the part number, this failed at the Mitsi garage in Holbeach because the guy said they wouldn't sell such a thing to a member of the general public.. Wink

Help greatly appreciated, any postage/expense will of course be paid.

flower

Last edited by Daisy on Sun Nov 10, 2013 15:41; edited 7 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhp / Kw converter <-- Works either way Wink

Simon
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Simon - but it'll only work if I know the BHP to start with..  Rolling Eyes  Laughing Which I don't..
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daisy wrote:
Thanks Simon - but it'll only work if I know the BHP to start with..  Rolling Eyes  Laughing Which I don't..

No ... it works BOTH ways Wink

Put the value of the one you DO know into the CORRECT box, then click the [convert] button Rolling Eyes

Simon thumbup
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

kw    =  92

working on rest

plates, on the rally cars we just go to local engraveing place with a nice bit of alloy, and job done, I have seen them done with letter punches, and accepted in most places
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Richie - that's a good start  Very Happy

Didn't have the info regarding either BHP or Kw before, so I couldn't convert it..
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daisy wrote:
Didn't have the info regarding either BHP or Kw before, so I couldn't convert it..

Aha!

Sorry about that - I misunderstood Embarassed

Is THIS any use?

Pajero Vehicle Specifications <-- Click to view dontknow

Simon
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

No diesel auto there Simon - but I do have most of the info now.

Just really need to be able to equate this:

Total weight in load: ............................... kg
Travelling total weight: ................................... kg
Maximum weight axle AV1: .1200............ kg
Maximum weight axle AV2: ...1780........... kg
Tare weight (on travel document) ..2045......... kg

with this:

Kerb weight: 2045kg
Max Gross weight 2720kg
Max laden weight 2720 kg
Gross Train weight 6060kg
Axle 1 1200kg
Axle 2 1780kg

Axles are the easy bit, assuming the French don't reverse the AV1 and AV2  Rolling Eyes
Then I need a plate with this info on - presumably in  French??
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just done the first step - changed my headlights for LHD ones.. A nasty fiddly job, not helped by Haynes manual diagram, which only made sense after I'd busked it myself  Rolling Eyes  Laughing Done some piccys as I went along, and I will post them as they may help others ?
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tare weight and Kerb weight are the same
russ t

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:53    Post subject: Matriculation .......... Reply with quote

Just got shiny new french number plates on the Paj... 1995 2.8 lwb.
Have you got your french CT Control Tecnique (mot) most of the weight info will be on it. And if your french is upto it, explain to the CT Tech and if he his as helpful as mine was he may help you fill in the rest of your form.
You will also require a Certificate D'Acqusition from your local Tax Office, take with you your reg docs, mot, current milage, receipt for the car (to prove you've paid tax on it and it's yours. You don't have to pay anything for this.... but you will need it at the prefectures office

Photograph chasis plate, vin No, car etc enclose all in the letter to mitzy paris with the completed form and cheque.Send registered post.

You will get a partial conformity returned to you, the best bit was they also returned the cheque for 209.30 euros and thanked me for being a Mitzy driver, bonus or what !!!

Turn up at the Prefecture or Sous prefecture with :

CT
Certificat D'Assurance
Certifcat D'Acquistion
Current log book
proof of address (EDF bill) or likewise
copy of passport,
blank cheque
self adressed stamped envelope (if you go to a Sous Prefecture)

make sure you keep copies of everything as stuff goes missing... sometimes.

You will then be given an Attestation Provisoire (if you go to the Sous Prefecture) which means you can drive the car in france while awaiting your carte gris, you cannot take the car back to England until your new docs have been issued.

To aquire the Carte Grise the cost was 319 euros...

For additional help in France, Ring this number : 0810810871  
Mitsubishi Motors France
Service Homologation
BP 10051 ONSY
95521 CERGY PONTOISE CEDEX
Ask for Alexandria, she speaks a little Anglaise if it helps!

Hope this helps

Russ T
North Dordogne
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merci beaucoup Russ !!!!
Thanks so much  Very Happy
Pretty comprehensive details there, and a very great help. Looks like headlight adjustment and off for a controle technique. Laughing
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one thing - my receipt for the car doesn't say anything about tax - I believe VAT is paid by the original importer.. the garage that sold it to me were the second owners. I expect the French know that?  Wink
russ t

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 18:41    Post subject: French registration Reply with quote

The French love their paperwork, I wrote my own reciept out and added + vat, no questions where asked, it took 5 mins to get the Cert from the tax office

Russ T
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

How very dishonest Shocked  .. but it had crossed my mind Wink  Laughing  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: