Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

FRENCH REGISTRATION- in a bag of nutshells

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian46

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some dealer head offices only give CoC for cars under the age of 10. But look on the bright side, you have a free partial CoC from France. I don't think you will do any better than that.
You can now get a CT with the partial CoC, and if they refuse, then they are not doing their job right, and they need reporting for it.
Headlights for mk11 Shoguns and Pajero's are 38€ each from the bay in Italy. If you need more info, send me a pm, and I'll send you the link.

gtland, has your Shogun got E marks on the front side/indicator lights? I think that's the only thing that's missing from mine, the back lights are marked but the fronts are not, strange.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

gtland

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Having a cuppa and warming up after changing over headlights......again.
 To give a brief situation up-date:
 1997 UK Shogun. trying to get Fr Carte Gris.   Mitsi Paris have sent a partial CoC.   I was expecting a full one as the car is an original UK car. Phoned them to query this and was told this makes no difference, and only a partial CoC is due.   I`ve tried 2 Control Tech stations and both say they can`t do a test without a visit first to the DREAL. (the 2nd one was very helpful when I took my UK VW Passat in for testing last year, and first agreed to test the Shogun, but when they tried booking it in their computer system [linked to the Gov System] the system asked for papers including those from the DREAL, as only a Partial CoC is present)   The DREAL need to check glass & lights for "E" markings only. The DREAL only offer appointments mid-week, which is a major pain for me.   The current plan is to visit the DREAL in the new year, but as my MoT test is due I`m going channel hopping to get all my papers straight.   This is obviously not an ideal situation, but given the position "as is" that`s my way out  of it.   I do agree with Daisy  that Mitsi should give a full CoC, but don`t want to use my car without a valid test cert in the meantime. Rather than fight them I`ll visit the DREAL when I`ve more time.   My fault for not sorting it out earlier I s`poise! With full UK docs and some docs proving I`m in the process of applying for FR reg, I`ll be safe I reckon.
Ian46

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a crazy situation Rolling Eyes
I must be very lucky to have found a CT station that will pass UK reg cars without the CoC.
My Paj has got E marks on all the glass, the rear lights and head lights but not the front indicators and side lights. Has yours got the E marks?

Do you fancy a drive to Gorron dept 53 for a CT? I'm going Wednesday for another CT, I can book it in for you if you like? Idea He's open Saturday mornings.
gtland

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Delay in replying, due to grass-cutting, (December!). Hope your C.T. went smoothly.  I`m tying in UK MoT test with visit there. When I get my act together in new year, I`ll get visit booked into DREAL, when work is less hectic, and then get C.T. test done locally.  My Shogun has "E" marks on all glasses and lights, including the LHD ones, except (worryingly) the windscreen.  That has a B.S. "kite mark" on it, so I assume it`s been fitted UK to replace a cracked original one. Guess B.S. will conform to Eu standards tho. . . . .fingers crossed.
Ian46

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, yes, done the CT no probs. My paj has got E marks on all the glass, front head lights and rear lights but not on the front indicators. Seem a bit strange that every thing has got E marks except for the front indicators. I was just wondering if they were all like that, but it maybe just mine without the E marks. If you decide you want a CT instead of going to the UK for a MOT, send me an e-mail and I'll book it in for you.
Slarty_B

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the very interesting reading - saved me a bunch of time  Very Happy

I'm just about to put my newly aquired 1996 LWB shogun in for a Carte Gris - in the Pyrenées Orientales - I will update the thread with any news.

All Fingers Crossed
Ian46

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Slarty_B. Is it already French reg or is it a new personal import?
Slarty_B

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it's a new personal import - took a chance on fleabay - all apears genuine all lights and windows have the E mark - so hopefully I should be ok
Ian46

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you luck and keep us posted. If you need head lights, I bought mine from the Italian bay for 38€ each plus p&p.
I've just one question for you if you don't mind, does your front indicators/side lights have E-marks on them? Mine and my friends Pajero's don't have E-marks and we were thinking of buying shogun lights to get around the problem.
Slarty_B

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes - they have E marks - but if yours is a pajero - it must have been imported into the UK at some point - that could be why
Slarty_B

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to say - do you have the ebay member whos had the headlights?
Ian46

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was imported in 2004. The front lights are the only things without E-marks.
Slarty_B

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will be why - someone sneakely forgot to change the side lights and no one checked.

But it's only in france that they check with a fine tooth comb Wink
Ian46

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go, he's trading as, rdc-ricambidicarrozzeria.
He's selling from Italy and he's still selling the lights at 38€ each. I have just checked and you have to add the lights to your basket and then he just charges for one lot of postage, which is 17€. This is the same price that I paid earlier in the year, 93€ total.
Cheaper than Milners, Matlock.
Italian word for head light is Fanale.
Hope this helps.
Slarty_B

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the info - found and bookmarked them.

Just need to check a couple of the breakers and leboncoin round here first
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: