QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

FRENCH REGISTRATION- in a bag of nutshells

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian46 wrote:
I wish you luck and keep us posted. If you need head lights, I bought mine from the Italian bay for 38€ each plus p&p.
I've just one question for you if you don't mind, does your front indicators/side lights have E-marks on them? Mine and my friends Pajero's don't have E-marks and we were thinking of buying shogun lights to get around the problem.

I'll have a look at my sidelights indicators tomorrow, I know there is one set of lights that don't have marks, and I checked against a Shogun before we left Uk in 2007 and that didn't either. Don't want to be buying extras for no reason  Wink

I even went to the extent of buying a full set of 7 Shogun seat belts, got three of them fitted and left the rest to come out with the removal van. Armishaws removals lost them, amongst lots of other things... Evil or Very Mad so I had to bluff my way round it with the jobsworth at Bordeaux Drire as it was then. I told him plenty of others had got their Pajeros through and that the USA marking was the same standard. I wasn't utterly sure of my facts then, but he did check with Mitsi France, and they confirmed that, so now it is official - no need to change seatbelts  Very Happy

Ask away folks if you have any probs.  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 23:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Ian46

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I registered my first Pajero in 2008. It was a lwb 2.5 Exceed. I took it to dreal at Laval dept 53. The guy went round it looking at the glass and the lights, everything ok there. Then he looked at the seat belts, and said there was no Emarks and he was going to contact Mitzy at Paris about them. And then we, I say we because he did not want to get his hands dirty, started to check for the vin numbers and the engine code. I could not find them because he was asking me to look in the wrong places!
The chassis number was 10" further back from where he said it was and the engine code was on the opposite end of the block. And I also had to make up a vin plate with the vehicle weight on it and pop rivet it under the bonnet some where. So it took 2 trips to get it sorted. Don't we love those people who are surposed to know what they are doing? Confused
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess they see a lot of different vehicles to be fair, so can't be expected to know the foibles of everything.. Wink

OK, just had a look:

Paj ( 1995 LWB 2.8  )
No marks on front sidelight and indicator glass, but the repeater on the side IS Emarked. The rear light cluster, top red plastic has no marks, but the other two do.

2006 Shoggy:
No marks on either the front sidelight/indicators, but it's a whole light cluster with the headlights so I guess they go by the markings on the headlight glass ?
Side indicator repeater has no E mark.
gtland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Shogun now has new UK MoT test so giving me more time to get Carte Gris.
Just popped out to look at front lights, and mine (97 UK Shogun) are E marked. In fact although the front indicator/side-light is all in one unit it is blessed with 2 E marks! one for each section.
Ian46

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you lucky person. I'm going have to buy replacements before it goes to DREAL.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian46 wrote:
Oh, you lucky person. I'm going have to buy replacements before it goes to DREAL.

I wouldn't bother personally - it's the headlights that they really go for - too many brits think they can just stick deflectors on..

I have got 2 Pajs through without E marks on the indicators, I am by no means the only one. Tell him they're all like that. If he ( and here I am making an assumption that in France it WILL be a he  Laughing ) is a reasonable man, and you have been polite and pleasant and have all the correct documentation, and turn up on time, you should be OK. However, IF he is called Monsieur Garandel - run like hell...  Wink

If he fails it over a petty thing like that,  like with my extra brake lights ( apparently only lorries are allowed to have 4 brake lights, plus the centre one -  to quote afore mentioned M Garandel  Rolling Eyes ) and my little un-E marked mirror on the bonnet, which had to be removed, he may simply ask you to send pictures to prove that you have complied before they send the documents. You do not have to pay for a second inspection.
Even M Garandel, the local jobsworth who thankfully is no longer the chief guy at Bordeaux, thawed a little when he reailsed that not only  was I knowlegeable and extremely well prepared with answers to all of his question, but, even though a mere woman, I wasn't going to be scared or cowed by the situation or overawed by him.  I asked for and got his email address so I could communicate directly, and took great internal delight in doing as bidden - by photoshopping existing pictures of my car  Twisted Evil  to remove the lights and the mirror without touching the car itself..  Laughing He was happy, and I still have my extra mirror which allows me to see the side of the car. The second Paj, was inspected by the new guy, and he didn't worry about the 4 brake lights or the mirror... Rolling Eyes
Ian46

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daisy, I know what you're saying, it looks like we've got a jobs worth here as well. It happened to a friend with her Paj, no Emark's on the side lights and he refused to let it go. So she refused to go any further with getting the CG.  That is why I've been asking if other Pajero's and Shoguns on here have got the Emarks. I can't remember if my first Paj had got the Emarks or not, but the little mirror was allowed to stay when it was inspected. It has now got to the stage where I'm not going to bother right now, but I may do something about it later.
Roadrunner2110

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Following all the excellent advice on this forum I registered my Japanese grey import Pajero 2.8 TD in France some 5 years ago. I could only aquire a CoC of partial conformity due to the Japanese origins of the Paj. I changed the headlights and sidelights, the latter required by DRIRE (DREAL) as no E mark and apart from DRIRE messing me about having said they would accept photos and then changing their mind following many e-mails with the with photos I had to attend a second visit which took them less than 20 seconds to inspect and approve the changes. Unfortunately the trek to DRIRE was 1.5 hours each way. The headlights I used were new LR Defender LHD which cost £30 for the pair and £20 including postage for the pair of used indicator/sidelights. All told it had taken 3 months to immatriculate. If you have bull bars fitted at either the front or rear remove these before visiting DRIRE otherwise they may/will fail on these. Quite a polava considering the Paj was already registered in the UK. Oh, one other thing, I had to fit a new Vin plate under the bonnet giving various weights etc before I went to DRIRE and ensure the chassis number at the rear was clear and readable. (I refixed the original plate from under the bonnet onto the B post on the drivers RHS door jamb.

I must add that the POCUK UK website was worth it's weight in gold in preparing for this rereg which went relatively smoothly compared to others horror stories. I must say much of the French bureaucracy is unnecessary under the circumstances.
Roadrunner2110

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian46 wrote:
Hi Daisy, I know what you're saying, it looks like we've got a jobs worth here as well. It happened to a friend with her Paj, no Emark's on the side lights and he refused to let it go. So she refused to go any further with getting the CG.  That is why I've been asking if other Pajero's and Shoguns on here have got the Emarks. I can't remember if my first Paj had got the Emarks or not, but the little mirror was allowed to stay when it was inspected. It has now got to the stage where I'm not going to bother right now, but I may do something about it later.

Don't give up too easily, they are numpties and jobs worths. The Shogun and the UK Pajero side lights/indicators are E marked and are as cheap as chips on Eblag. Provided all of the glass is E marked (that's the real expensive bit) the rest is easy. The seat belts and anchors are usually covered by the partial CoC by Mitsubishi. The small mirror is E marked I believe but the mark isn't visible, it's on the back, as is some headlamps. The mirror never came into play in my inspection at DRIRE at Perigny/La Rochelle. If possible change your venue to there or La Couronne, Angouleme. They have 4 brain cells at Perigny - all in a row.  Laughing
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner2110 wrote:
Ian46 wrote:

Don't give up too easily, they are numpties and jobs worths. The Shogun and the UK Pajero side lights/indicators are E marked and are as cheap as chips on Eblag. Provided all of the glass is E marked (that's the real expensive bit) the rest is easy. The seat belts and anchors are usually covered by the partial CoC by Mitsubishi. The small mirror is E marked I believe but the mark isn't visible, it's on the back, as is some headlamps. The mirror never came into play in my inspection at DRIRE at Perigny/La Rochelle. If possible change your venue to there or La Couronne, Angouleme. They have 4 brain cells at Perigny - all in a row.  Laughing

There doesn't seem to be much conformity within individual CT test stations, I suppose it's probably similar in UK with MOT stations - a car will pass in one and fail in another. The DREAL, well it seems just the same, with other factors such as whether there's an R in the month  Rolling Eyes

Both my Pajs passed with full Aibaworks bull bars on  Laughing  Laughing , yet on the first one the little wing mirror, which has no E mark on mine, had to come off  Confused . The side lights without E marks were fine.  The shorty headlights were the same as yours Roadrunner, round ones, so LR replacements were cheap. The LWB was a bit more expensive, but it's still WAY cheaper to register a UK car over here than it is to buy a similar French vehicle, especially if you take into account how much car tax would have cost in that time in UK...  Wink

Having also registered our Bailey Caravan, my 1996 or thereabouts boat trailer ( I invented some documentation for that cause Hayling trailers could not provide ANY records at all..  Rolling Eyes ) and also the 2005 Blueline box trailer, I have to say that I have now come to agree that most of the requirements for tried and tested, thus E marked components on all vehicles over a certain weight are a sensible idea. From lengthy conversations with the boss of Blueline trailers, I know this requirement is going to become law in UK, and he says that it has cost him a lot of money to get full vehicle type approval for his trailers, but he got there in the end  Very Happy . He told me there are some firms that will go or have already gone out of business, which is sad, but if I recall some of the un roadworthy and homemade horrors I've seen on the road and consider the accidents they could cause, the only real way to get rid of them is through legislation. Yes, I know they also exist in France, but nowadays they are mostly the little trailers, overloaded or not, up to 500KG PTAC.
A case in point is a boat for sale on Ebay at the moment, the same as ours, so I know the boat alone weighs at least 1600KG, which is being sold with a trailer, which when originally listed ( now been relisted several times ) said the ( unbraked ) trailer was OK to be used on the road and they had towed it on the roads with a LR. A question was asked would it be OK for someone to tow with a Freelander, at which point I sent a 'question' to the seller to let him know that I has such a boat and in fact it weighed much more than the published 1250kgs, so towing with a freelander was most unwise. The boat didn't sell, and the listing was changed when he relisted.
OK, call me a busybody for interfering, but at least over here, or pretty much anywhere else in Europe, the trailer itself has to have been registered and thus be capable of supporting the boat, the rig will have been weighed loaded and just the trailer, and all components, brakes, hitch, wheels, suspension, tyres, chassis, lights etc. will have been designed and rated for it's use.

I know which I'd rather be following at 60-70 mph on a motorway.  Wink
Roadrunner2110

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit Daisy that for me, and many others, your pathfinding articles on immatriculating a grey import Pajero in France made life very easy relatively. All credit to you for your clear descriptions and articles. Regarding trailers and their condition and overloading, I'm in entire agreement and this is one subject requiring an EU wide clear up. I have towed a Ifor Williams BV106 for years with a gross weight of 3.5 tons. There are few vehicles capable of towing such weights fully laden. I used an LR Discovery to great effect but I've seen much lesser vehicles attempting to tow them in the UK and indeed Brits in France. As for boat trailers, don't go there, they are often another 'special' type with total disregard for trailer maintenance or towing ratio's. As you say, I know where I would want to be when following trailers on a motorway. Admittedly in France there are the local loons with trailers overloaded which should have been scrapped 20 years ago but in general these are small trailers of 500kgs or less.

Once again, many thanks to you for your painstaking persistence on immatriculating in France which without many would have quit without even trying.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased to be of help. I know just how hard it was back in 2008 - when I started on this journey, it was all quite exciting, but I have to say after vehicle number 8 I have had enough for a bit, and another 2hr wait in the Prefecture would probably see me torching the place..  Rolling Eyes Laughing  .  

In fact it was about 6 years before that I started research for the whole project of moving to France   Wink  

Here's my boat - a 'proper' one with sails  Smile  Laughing

Ian46

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 18 months ago, my friend decided to get the CG for her Pajero. I made up the new vin plate with the vehicle weights on it and stuck it to the inner wing, cleaned off the chassis for the chassis numbers and showed her where every thing was that she needed to know, and of she went. She was refused the CG because there was no E marks on the front indicator/side lights.
Last week Dreal got in touch with her because she hadn't complete the registration. So she asked me to help her. I trawled through feabay in all the EU countries looking for lights with the E mark and this is what I found on German fleabay, this is the item number;330755656673.
States in the advert they are E marked.
If any body else is in the same boat as me and my friend, then I hope this helps. Smile
Nickyblue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 22:44    Post subject: Certificate for a Montero Sport US Import. Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!
I imported my Mitsubishi Montero sport in France a few years ago. Could not get the papers ( certificate of conformity etc..) that i needed to get a licence plate. I am now moving back to the US and would like to drive it to Le Havre. But of course i am facing all the same paperwork issues. Getting the certificate for a "US " car. etc..
Has anyone been through this before and could help?
I am trying to avoid the changes the DRIRE is asking for, since i am sending it back home, i will have to change it all back to the US specs.

Appreciate your time and help!
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you imported the car from the USA and now it's going back there ?
Personally rather than try registering here, if the car is possibly going to have to have changes made to make it EU spec, then change it all back, it would seem more sensible to me to investigate getting it trailered to Le Havre. Otherwise it would mean applying for a certificate of conformity as first port of call at Mitsubishi France, just like is outlined in the first post of this long topic. Do you have to have French paperwork to import the car back to the US, assuming that is what you want to do ?

Can't see how it could be financially in your best interests, unless someone paid the original import and is paying to send it back.. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: