eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Headlight renewal - with step by step pics

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 18:19    Post subject: Headlight renewal - with step by step pics Reply with quote

Just done this with my new LHD headlights, bought on Ebay.
Having initially accessed the sidelights by un-necessarily removing some of the wheel arch trim  Rolling Eyes  Laughing This may help others!

I WD40'd most bolts about 30 mins before I started..and the others before I tried to undo them..

Step 1 -undo sidelight mounting screw:

2/ Unclip spring by pulling here - you will have to first lift the windscreen washer bottle out for the right hand side ( as you look at the front of the car ) Try NOT to lose the spring into the wheelarch!
right
 left

3/ Carefully prise sidelight cluster out - in a straight line forwards so the two lugs release from the bodywork at the sides.

4/ You can now access the two bolts holding the headlights at the side. (a 13/32 socket fits). There's not a lot of room.. though I've got small hands Wink
You can presumably unplug the sidelight and remove it if you want.

5/ Remove grille: 4 bolts, 1 screw

You can now move grille sufficiently ( even with spot light cables in the way ) to access the top bolt/nut

6/ Undo nuts on (fixed) bolts on headlight assembly - size 10 long socket:
LOWER

The lower one's angle is perhaps easier through the grille:

7/ Remove plug from rear of headlight, remove headlight.

8/ Fit the new headlights with reverse procedure - don't forget to put the bulbs in as it's a whole lot easier with them off the car !

9/. N.B The sidelights have two clips/lugs on inner edge which have to locate with the two slots in the new headlights. They fit pretty snugly.
The headlights I have, which are for the next model up Very Happy , are OK, but the right hand one did not fit as well as the left ( as you look at the car) Confused

Anyway, I think they look good  Cool - just got to adjust them now for the Controle Technique ( French MOT )  Wink

And they work  Shocked

Last edited by Daisy on Tue Jun 29, 2010 17:26; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 18:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant  Very Happy Well done Anne thumbleft Sticky please Wink
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should see my hands - they're all grubby  Sad
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Better get'em scrubbed before the next concert Hun  Wink
leebeelee123
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell Anne, you did that yourself?
Well done honey! congrats  notworthy
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup - even photographically 'mended' the broken glass on my front fog .. wish it was as easy in the flesh  Sad  Laughing
dds

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Daisy,

Just noticed this thread , i'm just about to do the same thing to my shogun, did you find it much hassal to get the documents changed over..
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. There's a fairly complete thread here - I've just updated it: http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=744811#744811

Watch buying from the states - they are unlikely to be E marked and therefore will NOT pass the DRIRE inspection.
I've continued my reply in your headlight thread.
Phillip255

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Daisy, does anyone need LHD headlights? I have them on a 1994 LWB Pajero and need to swop them for RHD?  Or if you don't have RHD to swop any offers for my LHD ones?
PÄJERÖ

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Philip255... Have you still got the LHD lamps and are they round and also European spec LHD lamps...? If so, I have the round UK spec RHD lamps on my 1995 SWB Pajero and looking for LHD lamps for Sweden... Are you still interested...? Thanks...
Phillip255

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:15    Post subject: LHD headlights Reply with quote

Hi, yes I still have them, my Pajero is a Middle East spec, I will check the headlights and see whats written on them and get back to you. Phil
PÄJERÖ

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Phillip255...

Ok... Thank you...

As I stated... I need European standard, or equivalent, headlamps... My Pajero has come from the UK and the headlamps are designed for UK road use, i.e. the beams are set to invert slightly to the left (for driving on the left in the UK)... This blinds oncoming vehicles in Sweden as the slight left deflection beams directly onto oncoming traffic now tat I drive my Pajero on the right side of the road...!!  Embarassed

I need European or equivalent lamps which will obviously have a slight 'right-deflection' to direct the standard and main beams away from the oncoming traffic...

Hope we can help each other...  Smile

Regards

Adrian
Phillip255

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 17:41    Post subject: LHD headlights Reply with quote

Hi Adrian, yes my headlights are "right deflection" and it was one of the MOT fail points.  I managed to get some left deflection (for driving on the left) from a breaker.  I have a 1994 manufactured LWB Pajero 3000 V6. which I bought in Dubai when it was only 2 years old.  I liked it so much I didn't do the sensible thing and sell it when I moved back this year. I paid to ship it and bring it to the UK.

I have checked the postage and it would cost 50 pounds to ship to Sweden (more than a seat on a budget airline!!).  If you would like to buy them from me then you are welcome.  Otherwise I will hold onto them in case I get the travel bug again.  

Regards.

Phil
paysansg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 14:23    Post subject: Headlight change - thank you Daisy! Reply with quote

Hi - am a newbie to this forum (although not to Pajero ownership) and would like to thank Daisy very much for her pic-by-pic tutorial on changing the headlights.

After many years of running around in an old 1990 2.4 PJ in the UK - and having had our equally old family Citroen written off in an accident just before Christmas (ouch!!) - we have just bought a 1995 2.8 Exceed from Blighty and am in the process of re-registering here in France.

We are slightly stymied in our re-registering process at the moment as we have failed the Controle Technique (CT) owing to bad emissions... and have also yet to enlist the services of the DRIRE to get a full conformity cert on the car  Confused

Would also like to thank the group for the link to PapaNiko for the purchase of the lights - very good price and speedy delivery!

PG
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there  Very Happy

WELCOME Bienvenue Very Happy Whereabouts in France are you?
Pleased the thread was helpful.

Have you contacted Misubishi France yet for your conformity documents? That is your first step - the DREAL ( note it's now DREAL rather than DRIRE) inspection comes a bit later when you already have the partial conformity from Mitsubishi.

Good luck - and don't be afraid to ask questions.  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: