QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Fuel pump adjustment / recallibration

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonyt

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:11    Post subject: Fuel pump adjustment re-visited Reply with quote

Hi all,

Was reading this FAQ under said section. I can't reply to it so I am here...simple question...

How the hell! does anyone get to that adjustment screw at the back of the pump with it still in situ? I'm 6'1 and I can't get to it easily and I can't even see it either! Any clues?!

I can't see any way of even touching that screw let alone taking a cap off it then undoing a nut then turning an inner screw. Just not possible on the 2.8TD with the pump in place. I did want to try this but going to put the cooler back on and see if anyone replies! Smile

Cheers
T
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

El Ricko

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

what we need is a picture of a 2.8 pump that is off the engine

i had a nightmare with mine, and got droitwich diesel to do mine in the end but i recon it could go a bit richer still
Hugh Michael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the pic you are asking for, but I would advise you leave it alone. It was set as it is for the purpose of giving maximum power without black smoke.

halfman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is easy.

Tools that I use are, a long long electrical flat screwdriver, a ratchet with a 12mm long socket, a mirror on a extending pole and just for good measure a telescopic magnet(for if you drop anything)
You really do have to get the cap off the adjusting screw.(if its still on)

With a bit of fiddling get the socket on the locknut and slightley loosen it,(sometimes the telescopic magnet helps to get the socket in place)then take the socket out of the way, then get the mirror near the engine block positioned so you can see the screwhead,push the screwdriver between the pipes from the pump to the injectors(it might be neccessary to move the clamping bracket down a bit)and locate the end of the screwdriver into the adjusting screw and turn.

After you adjust the screw just tighten the locknut(same method as loosening it but you are tightening it now).

After the first time it can be done in 10 minutes, as you can see how easy it is.
halfman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say the intercooler has to be out of the way.
El Ricko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey hugh, thanks for posting the picture

i was looking much further down the pump!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: