Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

How can i check my lpg is working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jynxed

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:50    Post subject: How can i check my lpg is working Reply with quote

got a shogun 3.5 m reg few weeks ago and thought something was wrong as it only took £20 to fill up with petrol.
had a look underneath and ive got an lpg conversion on it.
the problem i have is there is no tank for the lpg so just wondering if there is a way to make sure it works before getting a tank
and someone to fit it?

i have by my radio 2 switches that i guess are to change over from petrol to lpg.
they have petrol tank pic one way and a capital g the otrt way, one of them has 3 lghts which i guess is a guge to tell me when the lpg is empty. switching these sitches with ignition on dosnt seemto do anything
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

NYRA
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 14:14    Post subject: Re: How can i check my lpg is working Reply with quote

jynxed wrote:
got a shogun 3.5 m reg few weeks ago and thought something was wrong as it only took £20 to fill up with petrol.
had a look underneath and ive got an lpg conversion on it.
the problem i have is there is no tank for the lpg so just wondering if there is a way to make sure it works before getting a tank
and someone to fit it?

i have by my radio 2 switches that i guess are to change over from petrol to lpg.
they have petrol tank pic one way and a capital g the otrt way, one of them has 3 lghts which i guess is a guge to tell me when the lpg is empty. switching these sitches with ignition on dosnt seemto do anything
take it to a lpg out let were these thing are fitted dont muck about with until u know whats wht with it  cos when they go wrong they do go wrong is there a lpg filler on the car itself if so trace the pipe from there and see were it go`s u  may find a hidden tank some were Surprised
jynxed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i have traced the filler which is in the rear bumper and the hose isnt attached to any tank but there is a nice big gap for it as like i say the petrol tank is a tiny one. im just thinking that there must of been a problem with the system if the tank has been removed or the previous owner didnt finish off the conversion,

Does anyone know any lpg fitters in the northampton area?
paul_c2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a DIY conversion (or start of...) or a professional conversion which has subsequently had the tank removed, for some reason or another? The problem (well, not really problem, but extra precaution) with LPG is that insurers more/less insist on a safety certificate, I think it needs to be inspected every 5 years or something? Getting one of these is easy for a pro conversion - the company who install it would give you the certificate. The problem comes with DIY. Basically, they don't like and are wary of DIY conversions and much prefer to put their "reputation" (issue the certificate) to a pro install. Having said that, I'm sure there are DIY guys out there who can do a proper job and install it safely; and companies happy to certify them as safe.

I've always been interested in them but LPG doesn't really mix with harsh off roading (if the tanks are underslung) or load carrying (internal boot mounted tanks). Maybe if I no longer did off roading or carrying loads........
jynxed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the filler cap being mounted in the bumper looks like its had a good job done but being as i never got any service history just a v5 and mot certificate and some keys i really havnt got a clue, the bloke i brought it from didnt say anything about it so i guess he didnt know himself as i am now the 8th owner.
the v5 only says petrol and i guess when you have the conversion this would also have lpg written?
170pand

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

help all turns out good mate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: