Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Faults to look for when buying?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveinbedroom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the engines not warm when you go to look at one, pajero diesels have a habit of smoking when the engines are cold, Im not sure if this could lead to bigger problems.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 18:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

John Keast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 19:07    Post subject: David Laarke, Reply with quote

Where did you put the tape to stop the buzzing bees ?
Philster_d

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah lol where ? is it the clicking at high speeds ? Smile
MOZZA

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 13:06    Post subject: Re: Break's Reply with quote

daviestheklener wrote:
Check the disc's aren't warped you might not be able to see this but if you drive the vehicle for a while, just enough for the discs to get hot, break softly, not enough to stop the beast just enough to engage the pads on the disc's and if you get a pumping sensation under your foot a bit like the sensation you get from ABS then they are warped, I had this problem, and fortunately enough I got my trundle truck from Prestatyn who replaced them all and the pads for free, however you could be looking at about £500 at somewhere like Quick fit etc.  The head honcho mechanic at Prestatyn thinks it might be to do with the type of metal/steel they use in Japan, not as good as the British stuff which makes them prone to warping a common fault.

yes i get that when i brake lightly . not pumping under my foot but like the 4x4 bounces forward and backwards . not massively. nothing to worry about. if its not broke why fix it???

if it dose my head in that much or yours then get your disk's skimed. if theres plenty of meat left on them it shouldnt be a problem any small machine will do this for no more than 15/ 20 per disk.

hope this helps
Knight

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Also if you can feel around the turbo make sure there is no excessive oil mine did and two months later in shattered Crying or Very sad
minty muller

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 14:50    Post subject: Re: David Laarke, Reply with quote

John Keast wrote:
Where did you put the tape to stop the buzzing bees ?

Hi John,

Don't bodge it with tape!!!

The buzzing noise comes from the trim-strip that runs along the top edge of the windscreen - it will (with care) simply lift off after being prised out with a screwdriver.  Smile

Give it a really good clean to get as much poo out as you can, then clean the cavity between the windscreen and roof - Fill this cavity across the screen from one side to the other with black silicon - put a bead of silicon on the finishing trim and refit - clean off any excess NOW with petrol AND LEAVE TO STAND OVER NIGHT!  Shocked

Next morning - all done and no more buzzing - total bliss!!!  Wink  Laughing
bigoink

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get about 26 mpg mixed town and country driving from my 2.5 tdi . Here in the Philippines it doesnt matter because diesel is so cheap (37p per litre) Oil is also  cheap, you could afford to change it weekly.Theres no road tax and insurance is about 80 quid per annum, Laughing  fully comp. Just shows what a massive rippof motoring is in the uk.
navamaras

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound silly, but check that the fog lights are wired up... did a comprehensive check when I bought mine, but somehow missed that out =)
misterbishi

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 14:27    Post subject: my paj 2.5 tdic auto Reply with quote

hey there i am new to pajeros, coming down from naturally aspirated nissan patrol diesels i am keen to know about a 2.5 intercooler turbo 1993 pajero i have paid a deposit on. i need to know what to look out for in the transmission and engine departments. mines an auto with 100k kms. how do i figure out whether turbo is working or not and if gear changes are correct or not. the car smoked badly when i took it for a spin and picked up speed slowly with lot of black smoke! this is guess is due to EGR malfunction or fuel pump setting or filter clogging? i plan to change all fluids and timing belt with water pump. hope i am on the right track..?

asad
dhaka, bangladesh
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
davie2k3

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the oil level. i went to view one today and the oil level was above the upper mark and they were no oil in the radiator.. looked to me that the head had gone common fault on these, there were also bubbles in the radiator
davie2k3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the oil level. i went to view one today and the oil level was above the upper mark and they were no "water" in the radiator.. looked to me that the head had gone common fault on these, there were also bubbles in the radiator
PAJERO JIM

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 21:16    Post subject: what to look 4 Reply with quote

u all fogot the most importent thing looking under the oil filler for white gunk head gasget gone and oil in the water Smile
lunar

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking over a Long Wheel base have a look under the carpet - there is a bracket that the seat behind the passenger is locked onto. About four inches behind this check for rust. Its not structural but can be quite damaging. To see the full extent of the damage you will have to remove the plastic panel inside.
Elegance 3.2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver Flashing Tape stops that annoying vibratory rattle , yes it does  sound abit like some bees and the sooner that you cure that the better for the noise will drive you nuts,...
Eleg.
chris_ba1212

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

did no body mention to check the underside of the bell housing for oil which would relate to rear crank oil seal. A VERY common part to fail.

Or the rubber bonding on the bottom pulley

and the condition of the cooling system as this seems to be the main thing to kill a 4m40 engine.

I am only referring to 2.8 here from my own experience
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: