QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Shogun Sport Warrior 2.5TD - Diffs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitcat

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 17:42    Post subject: Shogun Sport Warrior 2.5TD - Diffs Reply with quote

Hi everyone, firstly, this is my premier posting as I have only joined today after searching for a decent looking forum for Misubishi Pajero and Shogun owners. Looks like a great forum to.

So, here is my opening post.

After owning a Challenger years ago when they were first starting to be imported, and being suitably impressed with their reliability,  I decided recently to own a newer UK version, the Sport Warrior. A trip to my dealer saw me picking up a nice 05 plate model for a bargain price. The car itself is mint and runs beautifully, other than one small niggle which I have picked up on. I should really have roadtested the vehicle prior to handing over my cash, because it seems its sings it little legs off over 60mph, I woud have picked this up on the test as my old Challenger had better gearing and cruised quite comfortably on motorway journeys. I know the Challenger was also a 3.0ltr version. I would imagine this problem I have now is well known and  is because of differential gearing rather than the ratios in the gearbox itself. Most of my mileage is accumulated via motorway driving and I was wondering if any owners here had installed different diffs? Or, on a long shot, has anyone tried an electric overdrive system?

Any answers to this little "quirk" would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.  Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 17:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

waynec
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have much trouble with diffs on these mate, are you shaw its not tyre noise???
kitcat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

waynec wrote:
Don't have much trouble with diffs on these mate, are you shaw its not tyre noise???

Hi Wayne,

I think maybe I wasnt clear enough in the original thread. Its not noise, its about the gearing. (IE) the engine RPM are nearly 3000 at just 60 mph! Confused
chrispajero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a manual myself but there is a lot on here about the overdrive system, there is a switch somewhere on the selector and a light on the dash. Is your problem related to this maybe, someone with an auto will be along shortly to explain better.
waynec
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate - when you "it sings" I thought you meant it was noisie, as for high revs and not much speed - are you shaw your clutch is not slipping????????
kitcat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

waynec wrote:
Sorry mate - when you "it sings" I thought you meant it was noisie, as for high revs and not much speed - are you shaw your clutch is not slipping????????

The clutch is fine Wayne....This problem is purely related to the gearing (ie) the legs are not long enough in the diff and/or gearbox. A diff with a different ratio would cure it. Its original equipment fitted to the Shogun, and ive read elsewhere of owners complaining about it. Just wondered if anyone had a cure for it by way of a "decent" ratio diff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: