Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

gear box whine ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pajeromatt

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 22:22    Post subject: gear box whine ... Reply with quote

mine seems to be very low gear ratio's drives me mad its revving like mad on the motor way but at 60 under acceleration it whines ... do they all do this?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 22:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you last check the oil level in the Diff Confused
The Lewis Mob

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

seem to remember that some Pajero's were fitted with lower ratio rear diffs for some reason, although absolutely no clue how you would find out - i expect it will be stamped on the VIN plate somewhere, but how to decipher it, who knows???????????????/
pajeromatt

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

right i take it diff in gear box or rear axel?  

ive not checked the oil in gear box ill have a look i do want to change what ever it is thats making it so low gear'd as its a reall pain, ive got a mate breaking one that should have gear box or rear axel?
Baddoo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thing to check is that your overdrive is actually working, turn the overdrive off (button on the side of the gear lever) then drive at 50 on a flat road and flick overdrive on, if its working there should be a drop of close to 1000 rpm. If the revs only go down by a couple of hundred your overdrive isn't working.
dervmonster
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need to identify the gear ratio, look at the vin plate on the passenger side bulk head, should have "Trans V4AW2 4875" where on my paj the 'V4AW2' relates to the transmition type and the '4875' relates to the gear ratio which is 4 to 875 at least on my model.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: