2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

4WD usage (DUMMY GUIDE) lol

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glendrick

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i'll try that tomorrow, every day's a school day!!! Very Happy  there's another switch that locks the front diff, should i use that in 4H or 4HLC or 4LLC?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 23:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

NJV6

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the front diff lock switch? Im pretty sure you won't have one, but if you do, only use it when necessary which is never on any road.

A front diff lock is for situations like this below.

Glendrick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought i'd seen one but i might be wrong, i'll put my specs on and have another look tomorrow!!  Shocked

another switch which i've definately seen is an A/T switch, what does that one do?
NJV6

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto transmission, changing the gear changing points, I wouldn't worry about it if I was you.
Glendrick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was guessing A/T stood for ALL TERRAIN,  Laughing  

i've also noticed that the little green lights representing the rear wheels don't light up which i assume they should do all the time, just a dead bulb maybe???

p.s. my sister lives near te puke, bay of plenty area.
NJV6

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes two blown bulbs.
Glendrick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

are bulbs easy to get to or not really worth the hassle?
Glendrick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

been practising changing from 2H to 4H on the move, then stopping and putting it into 4HLC the 4LLC, all seems to work ok. it takes a while for the green and yellow lights to stop flashing after moving it back to 2H, not sure if that's normal Question

another problem has popped up, not sure if anyone can help. the anti-freeze mixture was a bit weak so i took off the rad cap, syphoned about half a litre of coolant out of the radiator and replaced it with neat anti-freeze. now the low coolant light has come on and won't go off Exclamation  Exclamation  Exclamation

the plastic overflow tank was pretty empty so i've poured the other half a litre of ant-freeze in there to bring it up to the max line but the low coolant light is still on!! has anyone got any suggestions or solutions Question
chrispajero

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know there is no "low coolant level" light, are you putting the antifreeze in the right place? Confused
Glendrick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi chris, i've sussed it out now, it's the low headlamp wash light, even though it looks like a radiator, cunning these japanese!!! Very Happy

i had a problem starting it this morning, i think it might be the heater plugs but i've been told if new heater plugs don't sort it out it could be corroded / perforated fuel lines allowing the fuel system to draw air in and prevent it starting. solution apparently is to cut fuel lines off a few inches from fuel tank and replace fuel lines with central heating copper mini bore tubing connected up to tank and engine with rubber fuel hose and jubilee clips!!

have you ever come across that???
NJV6

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is about how to use 4WD.
Glendrick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry!
bob cole
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:12    Post subject: Re: 4WD usage (DUMMY GUIDE) lol Reply with quote

Read this post, it will help.

Pajero 4D56 wrote:
I see there are quite a few people who are still puzzled about how to use their 4WD properly – Most important, especially in a  notworthy Pajero notworthy !

Generally, the 4WD in a Pajero is one of 2 Types of system, either Part-Time 4WD or Super-Select 4WD (SS4)

--------------------

Pajero Mark-1
(Part-Time 4WD)

Let’s start with Part-Time 4WD

Part-Time 4WD is used on all MK1’s and some Mk2’s.  Part Time 4WD should not be engage into 4WD when driving on a high-grip surface, such as tarmac or concrete, and should NOT be locked into 4L when towing on that type of surface!

--------------------

Transfer-Lever Position

2H=High Range 2 Wheel Drive
    4H=High Range 4 Wheel Drive

N=Neutral

4L=Low Range 4 Wheel Drive

--------------------

Description

2H should be used when driving on normal roads when not towing.

4H should be used when increased driving power is needed, such as driving in snow. When using 4H, you may experience increased difficulty when turning and the steering might feel heavier than in 2H.

N is Neutral. This is used to drive a mechanical winch by engine power.  The vehicle cannot be driven when the transfer lever in this position!

4L should be used when 4H isn't enough to produce the required traction and torque.  This should be use when driving in off-road conditions, such as driving in mud, and to free the vehicle when it’s stuck!  The driving power is greatest when the transfer-lever is in this position!

--------------------

WARNING

• Do NOT corner too fast nor too tightly when using the 4H, otherwise transmission wind-up may occur!
  • Do NOT exceed 100 Km/h when in 4H mode and 60 Km/h when in 4L mode, otherwise serious damage to the transfer case may result!
  • Do NOT push the transfer-lever too aggressively or the Transmission in Gear!
  • DO stop the vehicle before shifting into 4L. You CAN shift into and out of 4H without stopping.

--------------------

Pajero Mark-2 or Later
(Super-Select)

The SS4 was a groundbreaking achievement for Mitsubishi, incorporating a centre-differential that can be locked for any off-roading, eliminating the tight turning that part-time 4WD might cause.

--------------------

Transfer-Lever Position

2H=High Range 2 Wheel Drive
    4H=High Range 4 Wheel Drive

4Hlc=High Range 4WD With Locked Center Differential
    4Llc=Low Range 4WD With Locked Centre Diffrential

--------------------

Description

2H should be used for normal day-to-day driving, around the city (say) to ensure quiet driving, preventing undue wear in the front tyres  and to keep the MPG Down!

4H should be used when an increase in driving power is required, such as towing or driving in Snow.

4Hlc should be used when driving in off-road conditions as the traction will be improved over just 4H.

4Llc should be used when maximum traction is needed.  It should be used when driving in mud or to free the vehicle from being stuck!

--------------------

WARNING

• Do NOT exceed 100Km/h when Shifting from 2H To 4H
  • DO stop the vehicle when shifting from 4H To 4Hlc
  • Do NOT drive on tarmac or other high traction surface when the transfer-lever is in 4Hlc or 4Llc

--------------------

Advice for Caring Your 4WD System

• Remember to drive in 4H for 10 minutes each week to ensure the oil is well distributed around the transfer-case and the front differential!
  • Check the differential oil after each time crossing water, streams, rivers or mud to ensure there is no milky coloured oil in your differential.  If there is milky coloured oil in your diff. then it has water ingree and you should change the oil IMMEDIATLY!
  • Every 3 months, give the each universal joint a squirt of fresh new grease!
  • Thoroughly clean the underbody, chassis area and engine bay every time after you’ve been off-roading!

--------------------

I hope this will help those of you who are new to the WONDERFUL WORLD OF PAJERO Wink  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

bob
arumdevil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scuftmuppet wrote:
I even stop to put in 4wh just cos im worried it will Crunch,Bang,Snap,Tinckle Tinckle  Shocked  Laughing

it doesn't  Very Happy
evilsovereign

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

another stooopid question for you folks.
i did my weekly 4wd mode this morning, but when i selected 2wd again, the green lights for the front wheels started flashing.
it's an auto box. i put it in neutral to change in or out of 4wd.
what have i done, and what is it doing?
help out a brother newb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: