Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

4WD usage (DUMMY GUIDE) lol

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShauniiBoii

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

so im wandering I have just bought a 2.5TD pajero mk2 SWB, when on road use what should light up on dash if I push the selector right up the orange diff lights up, in middle setting front 2 wheels light up and at lowest setting nothing lights up... what should I be on for road use. thanks for any help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 16:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

kfieldin
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShauniiBoii wrote:
so im wandering I have just bought a 2.5TD pajero mk2 SWB, when on road use what should light up on dash if I push the selector right up the orange diff lights up, in middle setting front 2 wheels light up and at lowest setting nothing lights up... what should I be on for road use. thanks for any help

Read the first post in this thread:

First Post
ShauniiBoii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

still doesn't make sense to me mate... as it says for mk2 theres 2H 4H 2Hlc 4Hlc but I only have 3 settings :\ been driving with the selector right down and shows no lights but when doing 30mph+ theres a whine so unsure if its related to the fact im in the wrong setting or something else is wrong
NickA
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe lowest 2 lights should be on permanently, you will find that the bulbs have gone and need replacing.
NickA
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the bulbs you need : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPER-SELECT-DASH-BULB-KIT-MITSUBISHI-PAJERO-SHOGUN-/221208720125?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item33811132fd
ShauniiBoii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so the setting where im getting no lights then lol, what do you think could be causing the whine? initial thoughts were propshaft but was told the propshaft doesnt whine
VIKI

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

rear diff or transfer case..When do you change oil in rear diff? do you check oil level in it? or transfer box wihout oil or with 'ancient' oil Wink
CaveMan-EST

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:36    Post subject: Re: 4WD usage (DUMMY GUIDE) lol Reply with quote

Pajero 4D56 wrote:

DO stop the vehicle when shifting from 4H To 4Hlc

This informatsion is incorrect. You can drive when shifting 4H <-> 4Hlc. You must stop the vehicle when shifting 4Hlc <-> 4Llc
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShauniiBoii wrote:
still doesn't make sense to me mate... as it says for mk2 theres 2H 4H 2Hlc 4Hlc but I only have 3 settings :\ been driving with the selector right down and shows no lights but when doing 30mph+ theres a whine so unsure if its related to the fact im in the wrong setting or something else is wrong

From 4h is 4hlc (4 high locked centre) should only be used off road ,after this is N so no lights show,then it's 4Llc (low ratio locked centre) again only off road and to be selected when vehicle stationary and drive in N.
As said rear 2 lights (2h) should always be on apart from N.4h the top 2 should light (along with rear wheels) centre lock ,orange centre diff light on (only off road use).

Thinking whine could be transmission strain,how is it in just 2h or 4h....might have been in 4hlc and maybe centre diff bulb gone Confused

As mentioned worth checking/ changing oils,just remember to undo top up(1/2 way up diff).If seized then can't too up after drained ,also steady flow of oil as no vacuum caused.
pajero john

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

was out playing at weekend with my 2.8 auto 94 lwb
and realised you don't get as much options when going back down a hill as forwards.
when in a situation when you must reverse down a steep hill. is it just 4l and
stick it in reverse?
the swede

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I seriously not drive more than 100km/h or 62mph when in 4H ??

So if I drive a Shogun in Finland in winter, I need to choose if I use 4WD and go slow or I use 2WD...  Shocked
kfieldin
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can drive as fast as you like in 4H. Just shift from 2H to 4H under 100kph... and lift off accelerator while shifting.

In my '98 Shogun, Manual I can shift from 4H to 4Hlc and back under 100kph as well without side effects...
the swede

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

kfieldin wrote:
You can drive as fast as you like in 4H. Just shift from 2H to 4H under 100kph... and lift off accelerator while shifting.

In my '98 Shogun, Manual I can shift from 4H to 4Hlc and back under 100kph as well without side effects...

OK, that was my main worry. I knew you had to go less than 100kph to shift into 4WD, but afterwards, you should be able to drive faster once you selected the gear.
kfieldin
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this helps ...

http://www.awdwiki.com/en/super+select/
kitts

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 17:21    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

I've read through this thread a couple of times, and it seems to suggest that if you have a Super Select Shoggie or Paj, that you can drive on tarmac in 4H without any issues. When I had my first Shogun (a 95 V6) I was given the impression not to drive on tarmac in 4H, and some people are still telling me this with the 94 Pajero I've just bought , or I could get transmission wind up.

I want to drive in 4H every few weeks to keep the system working okay, but I don't have access to off road conditions that often, so, my question is, have I read this thread correctly, and I CAN drive the Paj on tarmac in 4H to keep everything working correctly?

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: