Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

arm rest console removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
berni

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27    Post subject: arm rest console removal Reply with quote

hi All

Could anyone tell me where and how many screws there are, on a 92 auto 2.5 TD paj.

have taken out six so far and refuses to budge. 2 at the rear aicon controls, two under the arm rest, two at the front.

am also in the process of repairing a non working drivers heated seat, so i'll keep you posted. (as a common problem i think).

hope some can help who has done it.

thanx

berni
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:13    Post subject: Centre console swine Reply with quote

Hi,
Had all mine 80% out about a week ago to put in aerial switch wire and horn switch wire and remove plate in "glove box" below radio recess (to run bits and pieces to and from radio that is above).
Lets see if I can remember where the little devils were that I know you're looking for.

Cutting straight to the chase my guess is that the ones you want lie vertically down beneath the pair of switches (or 2xblanks or switch + blank) at the fore end of the arm rest. Either pop the two switches as a unit in the little surround or whip out a blank then pull the surround out. If you have ET type fingers you can grab the screws once loosened.

In general to remove the console more - I undid the two screws at the front side by the radio area, then the screws for the centre console in the bottom of it - think it is four - then popped up the handbrake surround (it is a silly cover type thing) then the two little devils you want and that should do you. I also removed the drinks holder from the hinge on the armrest and made it detachable (but so far have not re-attached it, it got in the way tooooo much) and repaired the arm rest stay while I was at it. Cleaned up the Japanese filth - spilled coke or whatever they drink and accumulated dirt. If you want the console right out you will need to remove auto shift thingy etc. I also had the radio facia off which is two machine countersunk screws at the top and two idiotic spring clip retainers at the bottom.
I'll check my notes later to see if I missed something and yours might be different?! (usually write these things up as the w/shop manual just isn't!) but get back to me if it still won't come out (or if my spelling/typing is bad).
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:21    Post subject: Devilish screw Reply with quote

Just checked my notes - it tells me I found a screw under where the two rear section screws were. I forgot about this and maybe you don't need this one to be able to remove just the rear arm rest but be warned.

Would you believe it - only a week ago and I have forgotten already - seems like I had the Paj 10 years ago!!!!!!! Let me know the outcome.
berni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:27    Post subject: thanx Reply with quote

Hi

Thnakyou for the reply, have nearly done it.

Will Carry on on Saturday.

Have also removed the CD player and cleaned the laser pickup.

Now seems to work OK.

If anyone wants any advice to dissasemble the Cd and clean, let me know as it is not particularly straight forward.

Heated seat next.

regards

Berni
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: