Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

No indicators or hazards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northeast

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 19:31    Post subject: No indicators or hazards Reply with quote

Hi, newbie here, I have 2008 which has recently decided to give me no indicators or hazards, they flash quickly on dashboard but nothing outside, all I can hear is a slight clicking sound from the fuses area. Spoke to someone from Mitsubishi who said it was to do with the tow bar electrics, disconnected them but still no indicators or hazards. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 19:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Yorkshire viking

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , have you checked all the fuses , indicator lamps to make sure they have not blown an no expert but its worth a look mate.
iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 22:50    Post subject: Re: No indicators or hazards Reply with quote

Northeast wrote:
Hi, newbie here, I have 2008 which has recently decided to give me no indicators or hazards, they flash quickly on dashboard but nothing outside, all I can hear is a slight clicking sound from the fuses area. Spoke to someone from Mitsubishi who said it was to do with the tow bar electrics, disconnected them but still no indicators or hazards. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks

The clicking sound is most likely the relay. Does the clicking rate match the rapid flashing of the dash lamps? On most vehicles the cause is one or more failed cluster bulbs so, as an electronics guy, my first check would be that all bulbs are actually working. At the same time I'd use a multimeter to check if each cluster is receiving the control/live feed on the non-ground side of the bulb socket(s).

The reference to the towing electrics is usually inferring that they are interfering with the low-voltage activation signalling circuits used on modern vehicles (this is why tow-bar electrics have to have a bypass controller that taps into these and uses its own relays/transistors to switch the live feed on/off to the trailed indicators/stop lamps/etc.

So my next check would be how your vehicle's towing electrics are fitted - is it a 'universal' after-market controller, or vehicle-specific/OEM, and how is it linked into the vehicle circuit (short circuits, lost ground, etc. ?)
Northeast

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 22:22    Post subject: Still no indicators or hazards Reply with quote

Hi, checked all bulbs fine but I’m not getting power to any of them, the relay seems to make a screeching noise instead of the normal relay clicking noise, then when I switch on the interior light switch it gets louder but still at the speed of  relay would go if you had a blown bulb if you know what I mean, got Mitsubishi in Aberdeen a bit baffled to. Thanks for any help/advice in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: