QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Recall? What recall?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike996
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 13:23    Post subject: Recall? What recall? Reply with quote

Hmm, yet another one for POCUK!

Rang Mitsubishi dealer, who confirmed that no recalls were in force for my car - great I thought.  Then I found these hallowed pages whose name should only be uttered in whispered tones. wav

Found the email address of the Mitsubishi Head Office in a post, and thought I would double check.  Sent the email last week.  Email came back to tell me that the Pitman arm had not been done under warratny and that I could book it in for free at my local dealer (happened to be the same one who told me that there was nothing outstanding!!).  I havent mentioned this to them, but I may just bring it up!!!!  Laughing

More "POCUK saved my life" kudos!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 13:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

leeandjude

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent!

could you post the email address and i will check mine?
Mike996
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go (got this off the forum) - http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/enquiries/enquiries.asp

Or the email I got a reply from was: CustomerRelations2@mitsubishi-cars.co.uk

Good luck!
KEVINBUK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent mine off last tuesday (2.8 Challenger - Pitman) and got a reply to say they will check with Japan but have had nothing since... how long did you have to wait ?

K  Wink
Mike996
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost a week - but keep watching your spam folder as the email may not come back from the same address you sent it to - I was lucky to spot it, but they were good!
brian.

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 15:30    Post subject: Pitman Arm. Reply with quote

Hi Mike,  Have you had the work done yet?  Had mine done this week and what a diferance it's made!  I didn't realise that the steering had developed a slack feel to it but it's really firm now, Brilliant!.  Bye the way if you have'nt had it done yet watch em!, when they handed the car back to me the sreering wheel was'nt streight, which I realised driving off the car park.

When I took it back, the service manager said that " the pitman arm can only be fitted in a certain way " and the steering wheel missalignment may be due to the tracking beng out! Rubish!, I told him the wheel was strieght when it came in and I want it back the way it was, any way they took it in and sorted it, it's perfect now.

So if your dealer try this with you, be ready!,   Good luck.  B.
Mike996
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian,

Yes, had the work done, and bingo, in one!  Steering is out - posted it here: [LINK]http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69863[/LINK]

Rang the dealer up straight away, and he has told me that "it is physically impossible to put the steering out alignment as we put it back in the exact position it come out" and then pretty much hung up on me.  Ho hum, I dont think I am going to get anywhere with them am I!

But yes, the steering does seem a lot less vague!!! Very Happy
brian.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh right! the steering is dissconected at the pitmanarm so when the part is removed the steering wheel is "floating in the wind" as I pointed out to the service manager of Browns the mitsi dealer in Preston Lancashire, He had to agree and I suggested some one line up the wheel whilst the mechanic completed the job, and as I mentioned the job was finally completed and aligned.

So as I said Mike don't take any poo tell them you want it right and tell them Browns of Preston can get it right! why can't you?.  failing that, get back onto Victoria Rolfe at Mitsubishi and complain, after all Mitsubishi are paying for this and they want happy customers, not people being fobed off with lame excuses. Best of luck Mike, but be firm!. B.
brian.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike! Just a thought, I changed the front disc pads today and I noticed the new Pitman arm, it sits behind the offside front wheel on top of the chassis as you look at it and below the steering box, ( bottom lefthand side of the radiator) and it has rubber bushes, ( the pitman arm, not the steering box ) are you with me? so the bushes on mine and yours, by the sound of it, must have of been worn which is why the steering has firmed up!,

The service manager told me that they have had to replace Pitman arms on the recalls even though the pitman arms have been replaced before, possibly because of MOT failure!.

Funny is'nt it!, they have to spend money changing these parts because of the " duty of care ", yet the garages can't be bothered spending time to realign the steering wheel during the work, ah well, hey ho!.   Brian.
Mike996
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right - been mulling this over - it wasnt like that before the work, so why should it be like it now.  Going to take it back tomorrow and be firm, yet polite Very Happy - then I am going to ram the thing down his throat!! Laughing

I saw the Pitman arm at the garage (just to make sure they had done it) - yup, worn as hell! - makes a big difference now - will have a hunt for it in the morning (just to make sure it is there!! Laughing
evo2lady

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike what pajero have you got?
Mike996
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, its a 1991 2.5l LWB - 49000 on the clock.  Wheels in perfect alignment.  Steering wheel not (now!)
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet its now at 5 to 3  Laughing .....just unbolt and refit Mike
Mike996
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick - not that bad - about 1:45ish - getting used to it, but as I have along drive in it coming up, I know it is going to annoy me!
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy to correct prize the front cover off undo 3 phillips screws at the back undo big bolt and gently wriggle it from side to side whilst pulling..DON'T do what I did just yank.....it tends to hit you in the Gob at a great rate of knots Shocked

Hurts a Tad  Evil or Very Mad  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: