QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

centre diff problem (due to stupid other half)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tex

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 16:04    Post subject: centre diff problem (due to stupid other half) Reply with quote

hi everybody

i've got a good one here just got my 2nd shogun mk3 3.2td lwb. We were on our way to get the shopping driving along at about 45mph due to road conditions in 4 high when my (well at the moment ) worst half reached over and pushed the lever from 4 to 4llc. i went mental cussing  at her and she said sorry and she thought it was inbetween selections.
i now have a flashing centre diff light and 2wd when i try and change to 4wd nothing stays in 2wd i've tried reversing and battery disconnect any other ideas plz
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 16:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

tex

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i tried the disconnect bat again left it longer this time. it actually worked for a whole 5 mins then i thought i would go through the ratio's went from 2 to 4wd no probs 4 to 4 with diff lock perfect but when i went back from 4 with DL to 4wd only, the diff light just started flashing again
waynec
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

When that light flashes its telling you theres a fault on the 4WD system, theres 2 rows of micro switches on top of the Transfer box - its usally 1 of them faulty, remove them all and test them with a multimeter.
tex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers waynec i did think o doing that after i read other posts, only prob there is about a foot o snow round the 4x4 at the moment i was just wondering if it was ok to use. i went out this morning and started it the green 4wd lights came on and the diff light came on then went off leaving the rear 2 green. does this mean the prob is fixed i had disconected the bat for an hour to try and reset the code.
waynec
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your in 2WD and the 2 lower green lights are on and diff light is out - then its working correct at mo, you will prob find that if you put it into 4WD - the diff light may flash again, its deff sounds like its one of those switches.
tex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll give them a check once i can. took it for a short spin about goes into 4wd no probs and the diff lock light comes on when i engage it and goes off once i return it to 4wd high without DL????. will check the switches though if one is faulty is just as simple as changin the switch. going to get it booked in to get it checked on fault finder
waynec
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - if faulty - just fit new one, If your getting it booked in to go on a dainostic - it will have to be Mitsi dealer - I very much doubt and normal scanner will talk to it.
jon379

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 21:27    Post subject: centre diff Reply with quote

hi i got a price from mitsi for 1 of those switches mitsi want 46 pound excl vat obviously i went to scrap yard removed it from a petrol v6 automatic box and it fitted into my manual gearbox on my 2.8 diesel engine ,if your engine is an auto remove centre console remove 4 bolts out of 4wd lever and remove it if you put your fingers on top of box you will find 2 switches located on top about 3 inches from lever  1st switch you can feel is switch for centre diff lock 2nd im guessing is 2wd switch my faulty 1 was the centre diff switch replaced it and hey presto diff is now locking perfectly   if its a manual box again remove centre console and rubber sealing around the gear sticks and also u will find a metal plate with 4 10mm bolts in it the switches are located behind this plate but you will need access through gear sticks to unclip connectors hop this helps you also the diff lock switch is made when normal but when you push bearing in it breaks
tex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info got it booked for the 19th feb. only thing is it now seems to be working fine..lol. also asked about the dipstick recall they took my reg number and agreed it needs the dipstck and also a firmware update for ecu. but now the windscreen washer has stopped working putting it down to the water being frozen but i'm not hearing the motor?? and i think the thermostat is stuck open takes ages for the heat to build up and when i put the blower on the temp pointer goes down. i wish i had my old pajero never missed a beat until i wrote it off on black ice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: