Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2001 3.5 GDI engine stumble

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimonShogun

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micro filters dod indeed solve it. Don't forget to put an inline fuel filter in place once youve changed then as it should save you haveing to do them for some time to come.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 18:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

n15mgd

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

really sorry to renew such a old thread but im in need of assisstance

i think SimonShogun should be able to help if hes still around

basically one of the microfilters has fallen into the high pressure pump and was wondering how you stripped this down to get it out,was it by the four bolts underneath the pump or the two on the face of it which bolts upto the head

many thanks in advance

help much appreciated
SimonShogun

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Sorry not been on here for a while.

I did indeed take he bottom off the pump and from there you can see up at least one of the channels that the microfilters sit in.

Shame, I was working in Nottingham when you posted that question and would have happily lopped over to help you out!
Sessle

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 17:17    Post subject: Micro filter Reply with quote

Hello I have a 3.5 gdi 2001 problems started when I put my foot down @4,000rpm the engine light would come on and it would stop pulling I have now got £280 less in my bank account after buying a new filler neck pipe and a In tank fuel filter, things got worse when I started the gdi it struggles @2,000rpm so today i took the inlet manifold off and held my face in my hands.

I realise now I need the high pressure fuel pump cleaned out and micro filters replacing but not sure where to get them from I'd love some help and would highly appreciate it.

Also all the inlet ports are caked in carbon and oily gunge so I may aswell take the heads off give them a good scrub do the valves,timing belt ect.

Also what kind of inline filter would one suggest to prevent micro filters clogging up again?   Wink
Doug Hope

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the top of this board there is a sticky with the part numbers for the filters and o rings. Only about £3 from mitsubishi
Sessle

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks buddy I'll give them a ring first thing  Smile
shutterbugimages

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manu thanks for the infos all..
just a tip to getting the filters out, I screwed a 2" wood screw partially into the filter and extracted them with pliers.
GerryMcC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

shutterbugimages wrote:
Manu thanks for the infos all..
just a tip to getting the filters out, I screwed a 2" wood screw partially into the filter and extracted them with pliers.

Hi I'm new to the forum and just working through joy that is the fuel micro filters. Appreciate the advice in this forum, saved me heaps. I used the 2" wood screw technique, very useful - thanks for that Shutterbugimages!  And was up and running relatively quickly. However, the joy was shortlived as the filter blocked fairly quickly again. So out came the in-tank scavenger pump and I have a new pump ready to go in (and an inline filter also!). But the in-tank pump sits in a plastic gubbins which looks like another filter(?), and it's pretty dirty.

So is it a filter, and if so, does it have a part number? What's the best way to clean it out, can it be reverse flushed?

Thanks
Catalyst

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum, found it while looking for a possible solution for a problem I have with my 2002 Pajero GDI 3.5 V6. The problem I'm having is probably the micro filters according to this thread. Although one thing I'm experiencing has not been addressed here: in 2WD the "symptoms" appear around 4.000 rpm. However, in 4WD the stumble comes much sooner, at around or above 2.000 rpm's. Has anyone else experienced that and managed to fix the problem by changing the micro filters or might I be having another problem? I know that the transfer case in my Pajero had acted up with the previous owner but that was supposedly sorted out by the dealership.
GerryMcC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just to answer my own question, the plastic gubbins in which the scavenger pump sits in the tank IS an in-line filter and also an in-tank filter. Mitsubishi call it an in-tank filter - part number MR529135 and cost $82 from Mitzy dealer. I have not seen any mention of this filter in the forums, but it gets VERY clogged and dirty and should be replaced at the same time as the micro filter.

I've replaced the micro filter, the in-tank filter and the scavenger pump with the teabag filter. Problems all gone now and running sweet as.

Thanks to the forum, great info & lots of help. Cheers
albs72

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 20:34    Post subject: running prob Reply with quote

Hi all again im still having probs with my 2001 3.5gdi.When started from cold it drives like a dream a real pleasure.But when it gets warm
it really is a nightmare.It will not rev over 3000rpm and if you stick your foot right down the revs will bounce on 3000.I have had pump off of engine for micro filters
the tank as been out totally cleaned and a new filter put in the tank,it drove ok for a day and then back to square one again,it really is now driving me mad
PLEASE PLEASE can anybody help  thankyou
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:36    Post subject: Re: running prob Reply with quote

albs72 wrote:
Hi all again im still having probs with my 2001 3.5gdi.When started from cold it drives like a dream a real pleasure.But when it gets warm
it really is a nightmare.It will not rev over 3000rpm and if you stick your foot right down the revs will bounce on 3000.I have had pump off of engine for micro filters
the tank as been out totally cleaned and a new filter put in the tank,it drove ok for a day and then back to square one again,it really is now driving me mad
PLEASE PLEASE can anybody help  thankyou

I am now having exactly same problem. My mechanic did change one micro filter yesterday, the one on the top I believe. Only the metal ring came out though and the plastic bits were left in. We did put everything back together and went for a test drive, and voila, it did rev the whole range. But after that testdrive the same symptoms as you describe appeared. So today we are taking the housing off to try and find the rest of the filter, hoping that is what is causing the problem.

Should the second microfilter be under the housing?
albs72

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there thanks for email,i have changed every filter on my mine and still the same.My shogun the other morning wouldnt rev at all ,even with throttle down it just ticked over.It now looks like it could be the throttle pedal sensor which i am changing today so fingers crossed its that.Good luck with your probs.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. One question though, at what rpm does your car idle? Mine idles at about 500 rpm, just enough to keep the engine running.
albs72

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there again my shogun ticks over at about 800-900RPM.But when it is stood still it ticks over a bit lumpy,but when its cold its fine.The vehicle runs perfect
up to 3000rpm then its a waste of time.Have been informed by many people that these vehicles are problems and a good money burner GREAT LOL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: