Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2001 3.5 GDI engine stumble

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRADEMART

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 15:15    Post subject: MICRO FILTER Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to remove the mocro filter from the pump pls.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 15:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Doug Hope

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 1" screw through a piece of webbing is my method
TRADEMART

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 18:18    Post subject: MICRO FILTER Reply with quote

SHOGUN 2001 3.5GDI
Hi Guys, anyone got the part number for the m-filter, just spoke to mitsi on phone probably better off ringing the samaritans. It will save me a 30 mile drive just to show them a picture of one.
Doug Hope

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part numbers are in a sticky at the top of this board
Doug Hope

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I hope this will get stickied. The part numbers for the 3.5 GDI micro filters are

md619962 for the filter
mb554317 for the o ring

Guide here (not mine) http://www.forafters.co.uk/shogun-2001-fuel-problem.pdf
JulzD

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I seem to be having the same problem as one or two other members.  From a cold start the engine runs like a dream.  If I get her up to operating temperature and switch her off for 15mins to an hour I can only get to 3000rpm and then the revs bounce around there and she loses power and just cant get past the 3000rpm.  After taking my foot off the acelerator and pushing it up to 3000rpm again a few times it will sudenly jump free of this limit and shoot off like nothing has happened and drive perfectly until I swithch the engine off and have to warm start it again.  I have had the mitsubishi dealers (aka dealers) change the micro filters, in tank pump assembly (complete with all filters and with a price tag of 800 quid) and I am still having this problem.  On top of this the GDI light isnt working anynmore (seems to be intermittent as it works when I do a long trip).  Any ideas or options on what else to check would help as the dealers are now lost at what else to change and bill me for.  The engine managment light does not come on there is no error code so they are lost!

Cheers
Julian
albs72

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 21:08    Post subject: gdi prob Reply with quote

[quote="JulzD"Hi there the prob is the tps sensor on the throttle body my gdi had the same fault changed this and it is now perfect,hope this helps

I seem to be having the same problem as one or two other members.  From a cold start the engine runs like a dream.  If I get her up to operating temperature and switch her off for 15mins to an hour I can only get to 3000rpm and then the revs bounce around there and she loses power and just cant get past the 3000rpm.  After taking my foot off the acelerator and pushing it up to 3000rpm again a few times it will sudenly jump free of this limit and shoot off like nothing has happened and drive perfectly until I swithch the engine off and have to warm start it again.  I have had the mitsubishi dealers (aka dealers) change the micro filters, in tank pump assembly (complete with all filters and with a price tag of 800 quid) and I am still having this problem.  On top of this the GDI light isnt working anynmore (seems to be intermittent as it works when I do a long trip).  Any ideas or options on what else to check would help as the dealers are now lost at what else to change and bill me for.  The engine managment light does not come on there is no error code so they are lost!

Cheers
Julian[/quote]
lvcima

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
I am from Spain and first of all sorry for my English.
I'm a proud owner of a petrol model. 3.5 gdi V60 (Mk3)
But I have two problems with it.
I have the same symptoms going on and off the GDI ECO light. The car jerks around 3000 - 4000 rpm.
First, micro filters. I bought a standart filter to put it inline.
I doubt if I have to remove two micro filters from the high pressure pump or I have to replace them for new other.
I don’t know if this light is a result of the failure by micro filters.
Or it is other failure.
My second problem is the other day the light came on low oil level.  I have ridden with it only 3500 km and before that, level oil was ok. Oil stained the top notch of the rod.
The car does not leak oil. It is stopped three days from this alarm  and there is no oil stain below it.
I have no idea if it is normal that after so little mileage turns the warning light.
Thank you very much for all your help

I wanted to put some links but I have not yet permit
Ckromm

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.

My GDi issue is exactly the same as Julian explain. When starting from cold it is all good, even when it reaches operations temp.
BUT... As soon as i stop the engine and restart it stumbles a little on idle and will not pass 3000rpm.
Then after 10-15min like this i make several kickdowns and eventually it is like being shoot from a rocket, all cyl fires up and after this she is running good again until i switch her of and start it again.

I have now changed the sparkplugs, the 2 microfilters i HP pump , In tank filter.

I have also checked my TPS sensor and it seams to be Okay. (Not fully sure)

JULIAN, ALBS72: how Did you find the problem with the TPS sensor?? Was it all dead or did it show deadspots??

Cheers/
Christian
Roodini

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:47    Post subject: 2002 3.5 GDI Reply with quote

Hi I have been reading this post carefully as I am having the same troubles, my question is what would happen if the micro filter was removed and left out and an inline filter put in making the canging far more user friendly? would the ecu know????????
Regards
Andy
Roodini

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:13    Post subject: poor running Reply with quote

ok I have changed the micro filter and it was straight forward thanks to all the info, many thanks for that but my 3.5 GDI is still running like a bag of poo. the codes are now 0136 & 0141, both point towards the lambda sensor. so I will change them/it as I can only find the 1.
Regards
Andy
CheezBw

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 21:58    Post subject: Hi every Reply with quote

Hi everyone
I'm a new member to this forum and I'm experiencing similar issues with my 3.5 V6 GDI 2002, I would have love to message topcatt2010 to request for the tons of photos you say you have. But unfortunately I'm not allowed to text you directly being a new member. Please get I touch with if you can[b]
goldentanks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi people,
             My 3.5 started playing up a few months ago so I began researching the symptoms which brought me here. I ordered the 3 parts associated with the filter problem and hey presto.......my engine ceased!

So I'm left with the 3 parts sat here doing nothing. If anybody needs them then I'm happy to forward them on at cost price. The most expensive part was the tiny rubber washer at about £7.
Call it £25 all inclusive of postage for the tank filter, o ring and tiny filter.
Mods please edit if breaking any rules, just trying to help out a fellow owner here and not making any profit at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: